Madrid - Places to go people to see

Northerngimp

Madrid is amazing.

I don't have any specific sites to goto really, I basically just wandered around the entire city doing everything on a shoe string. It was height of summer so it was very much a wander into parks, eating ice cream and generally taking in the atmosphere. Also the Royal Palace was very near to my sexy hostel, is a fairly impressive building. I also fell over in a hedge, cutting a small lump of flesh from my leg, scarred forever :)

Oh, and Bernabeu! ofc. Much better than the Camp Nou piss-hole. Get to a match.

It's quite a compact place. You walk round most of it in a few days. You like museums and that?

Yeah, enjoy them. I have to spend time on my todd while she does her talk and checks ou the lab she'll be working in etc.

So will be on my own for a day.

Well, you go to the Prado and that's your day. Or just dick around: go to Retiro Park, El Rastro, Bernabeu, Templo de Debod, then go get shit-faced in La Latina.

September is a pleasant month, with temperatures back down to around 25 degrees Celsius (77°F). October is also still fairly warm with an average daytime temperature of 20 degrees Celsius (68°F) and is still a pleasant time to visit.

September is a pleasant month, with temperatures back down to around 25 degrees Celsius (77°F). October is also still fairly warm with an average daytime temperature of 20 degrees Celsius (68°F) and is still a pleasant time to visit.

Shall I take shorts to mill about in?

Take a day trip out to Toledo - an hours train journey and the place looks fantastic.  The indoor garden thing they have going on at the main train station is canny as well.

edit. Who you flying with btw?

I dont know mate, wor lass has just confirmed it with the lab over there, she is organising it all.  All I know is I'm going to Madrid on the 7th Oct.