Zurab Khizanishvili signs on three-month loan

BeloEmre

Guest The Libertine

it never fails to amaze me how there can be 5 pages of essentially the same reply.

"good cover, should do well in this league. now need a few more in"

I Dreamt Of Magpie Move Watching Temuri - Zura

By Craig Hope

ZURAB Khizanishvili was just 16 years old when he first dreamt of playing for Newcastle United as, at home in his native Georgia, he watched fellow countryman Temuri Ketsbaia launch his now legendary attack on the Gallowgate End advertising hoardings.

The Mad Monk, as he was affectionately christened on Tyneside, broke with the tradition of a one-armed salute to the Toon Army or a congratulatory hug from team-mates following his match-winning strike during the 2-1 victory over Bolton Wanderers in 1998 - instead, in the process of tearing off his shirt and boots, Ketsbaia repeatedely volleyed the Addias board behind the goal.

And, for budding young footballer Zurab, who completed a three-month loan move to United on Thursday, it was a moment which certainly left an impression.

"I was only 16 and watching at home in Georgia when Temuri scored that goal and started kicking the boards," laughed the 27-year-old defender as he spoke to nufcTV on Friday morning.

"I remember watching Temuri all of the time for Newcastle and dreaming of playing for such a big club like him.

"He was one of the first big names to make it in England and we all supported Newcastle because of that.

"Temuri is a very good man, a little bit crazy, but a good man who is now one of my best friends.

"I played with him for the national team and then for a short time at Dundee, he was a great player and a strong character.

"If I can be half as popular as him then I'll be happy. I spoke with him this week, hopefully he will come and watch me play!"

"I was only 16 and watching at home in Georgia when Temuri scored that goal and started kicking the boards,"

I was watching that on tv and jumped so high I nearly went through the ceiling...one of my all time favourite goals. It helped that Ian St John who was co-commenting on Ch 5 nearly had a stroke he was so angry :lol:

"I was only 16 and watching at home in Georgia when Temuri scored that goal and started kicking the boards,"

I was watching that on tv and jumped so high I nearly went through the ceiling...one of my all time favourite goals. It helped that Ian St John who was co-commenting on Ch 5 nearly had a stroke he was so angry :lol:

eh...league games on channel 5 ?

it was a 97-98 league game, was channel 5 even on the air then?

confusing it with zeljeznicar (spelling ?) i think.

I'm probably mixing it up with the Champions lague qualifier with the Croatian team.

I'm probably mixing it up with the Champions lague qualifier with the Croatian team.

I will never forget that moment when Temuri scored that last minute winner in Zagreb to send us in to the champions league......amazing

its the start of the Georg-die revolution. Khizanishvili comes in on loan, Ketsbaia as manager, Kakha Kaladze to sign up too, a Georgian consortium, Katie Melua to sing before games......even Georgie Thompson is dating a Geordie. Its all starting to make sense.

its the start of the Georg-die revolution. Khizanishvili comes in on loan, Ketsbaia as manager, Kakha Kaladze to sign up too, a Georgian consortium, Katie Melua to sing before games......even Georgie Thompson is dating a Geordie. Its all starting to make sense.

In your warped little mind!  O0

Be nice to just see some honesty instead of the utter PR crap we get peddled.

I'm sure someone like Ketsbaia signing for us at the time would have been a big thing in Georgia.

Seem to remember Simpson made similar rumblings, and while he's not a loan Lovenkrands made shouts of being extatic to be here.

Think Simpson said something about the history of the clerb* or something similar. And Lovenkrands is closer to his wife's family and Glasgow so of course he's happy to be here.

*People from Ashington

Be nice to just see some honesty instead of the utter PR crap we get peddled.

I'm sure someone like Ketsbaia signing for us at the time would have been a big thing in Georgia.

Seem to remember Simpson made similar rumblings, and while he's not a loan Lovenkrands made shouts of being extatic to be here.

Think Simpson said something about the history of the clerb* or something similar. And Lovenkrands is closer to his wife's family and Glasgow so of course he's happy to be here.

*People from Ashington

I'd have thought City with Kinkladze would have been bigger..