Championship Manager vs Football Manager

Guest saintscoobz

Guest saintscoobz

Hi Everyone

Years ago I was addicted to a great football manager game on the PC called championship manager, well to cut along story short I was told that it has now split into two games!  Football Manager and Championship Manager, what the hell is this all about?  Can someone please tell me what the hell is going on and which is the one i should spend my £40 on!

Guest Hatful Of Hollow

Football Manager is the new Champ Man, if that makes any sense, definitely get that.

Champ Man nowadays is a totally different game.

Eidos, got into a dispute with SIGames about CM, and most of the CM team moved to create FM, whereas the rest stayed with Eidos and produced CM5, which was dire.

FM, is the true CM, so Fm is by far the better.

• 2 years later...

prefer the old Champ Mans too, cm2001 or before. The number of hours I wasted on that game I don`t know.....it bloody interefered with my GCSE`s and A`level finals that`s for sure!

------------

Man City's Richards admits soft spot for Barcelona

March 05, 2008

Manchester City's England star Micah Richards admits he plays as Barcelona when competing in computer games.

In his column for BBC Sport, Richards wrote: "We still play a lot of Pro Evolution Soccer too and, yes, it is a little bit weird when the commentator is saying 'and it is Richards on the ball' but it is nice to see myself on the screen!

"I don't play as City or England though, always as Barcelona and Brazil. I like to be Ronaldinho or Thierry Henry. They are the flair players.

"I used to play Championship Manager all the time when I was younger. The older editions are the best because everything is nice and quick and I could get all the best players in my team.

"It is too detailed now though, there are too many things to do and it is too technical for me when all you want to do is get on to your starting XI and your tactics without worrying about much else.

"I still remember the first edition that had me in it when I was younger though - I was only about 16. I bought myself but I was useless so I had to drop myself!

"I did not agree with my stats either. They under-rated me then! Hopefully I am a bit better now."

Guest WalkervilleMag

championship manager 2001/2002  was just superb. aint gt enough time to play football manager 2008 now. Probably for the best, as it can take over your life lol. It's as addictive as nicotine lol

Just started playing the new Football Manager recently, and have played most of the previous versions of it + the old champ mans.

FM08 is still a very good game, but I find there are just too many options now. I find it hard to really know which options have a big affect on your performances, and which don't. I think the introduction of further interaction with the players is a good idea (i.e. team talks) but they can get a bit tedious after a while. Plus why outside of match day can't you speak to your players directly, and not go through the media?

It may be that I don't get the most out of the game because I don't have the patience/time to spend hours and hours picking over the tiny detail, though I guess for some of you, that's all part of the experience.

What to do is get championship manager 01/02 and get an updated database and then a patch that lets you start in this season and that includes the 7 subs thing for next season. :]

Anyone remember the old cheat where u bid twice as much as a players value and were immediately accepted, then u went back to adjust the offer and changed it to a free, and u got all the best players for nowt. Also, never got rejected from anyone. Jesus i spent my life on that game, and I too had my GCSEs fucked by it.

Tommy Svindal-Larsson was the boy, £200k signing from Norway, scored about 25 goals a season from midfield and was worth £15m by the end of his 1st season...

Bought last years CM a few months back for a fiver, and its crap.

Anyone remember the old cheat where u bid twice as much as a players value and were immediately accepted, then u went back to adjust the offer and changed it to a free, and u got all the best players for nowt. Also, never got rejected from anyone. Jesus i spent my life on that game, and I too had my GCSEs fucked by it.

Tommy Svindal-Larsson was the boy, £200k signing from Norway, scored about 25 goals a season from midfield and was worth £15m by the end of his 1st season...

Bought last years CM a few months back for a fiver, and its crap.

Teddy Lucic, Mads Jorgensen, Kennedy Bakircioglu... the list goes on... buy them and you won the league, simple.

Guest LucaAltieri

I've got FM2008, it's too fucking slow. My compy's not up to much, but bloody hell! Takes about an half an hour, at least, per match.

I find transfer windows a nightmare. Even when I'm not buying it still takes me a good few hours to plough through them.

I've got FM2008, it's too f****** slow. My compy's not up to much, but bloody hell! Takes about an half an hour, at least, per match.

mehh? isn't there is option to make it more faster? faster on highlight and match? me... 1 seasons just 1 night

I've got FM2008, it's too f****** slow. My compy's not up to much, but bloody hell! Takes about an half an hour, at least, per match.

mehh? isn't there is option to make it more faster? faster on highlight and match? me... 1 seasons just 1 night

Yeah, I don't mean the match itself, I mean that's how long it takes me between matches. Sometimes I'll have been playing all night and only played about 3 games.

Yeah, I don't mean the match itself, I mean that's how long it takes me between matches.

How many leagues you loading?

What spec is your pc?

What database size you using?

Are you patched up? (one of the beta patches made the game sooo slow!)

Yeah, I don't mean the match itself, I mean that's how long it takes me between matches.

What spec is your pc?

Haven't installed the patch yet, but I've tried to keep the game small. Small database, 2 leagues (PL/Champ, La Liga). I have an XP2800+ and 1.25gb of RAM.

What spec is your pc?

Haven't installed the patch yet, but I've tried to keep the game small. Small database, 2 leagues (PL/Champ, La Liga). I have an XP2800+ and 1.25gb of RAM.

I keep it small as well, slow down after 3rd season pisses me off.

Small DB

England league 2 above

La Liga

Serie A

Thats it and i'm running

E6600 @ 3.2ghz

4gb DDR2 6400

Raptor HD.

Still slows down far too much imo.

Mines perfectly well paced i've gotta admit...

2.2Ghz Dual Core Macbook

4gb Ram

120Gb HD

Large DB,

England down to Lge1

Italy Serie A

La Liga..

.... the Scottish Premier League... :s