Best way of getting to Glastonbury?

Leazes1986

Looks like we're gonna go down there next year but its a bit of a fucking treck. I've been looking at buses, trains and planes and I don't know which would be the best way to go. It seems to cost a forture to get the train all of the way down there and it does take a lot of time. I don't fancy getting the bus down after the deadly 7+ hours it took just to get to Staffordshire for V. Getting a plane then train seems by far the quickest and its cheaper than getting the train all of the way down there. Only problem with that is beer. Not sure how many of us will be going but with it being a 5 day stay and the fact that you can take your drink in the arena means that we'll be taking a shedfull of drink. We won't be able to get all of that on the plane though. Don't know what the feck to do.

Looks like we're gonna go down there next year but its a bit of a fucking treck. I've been looking at buses, trains and planes and I don't know which would be the best way to go. It seems to cost a forture to get the train all of the way down there and it does take a lot of time. I don't fancy getting the bus down after the deadly 7+ hours it took just to get to Staffordshire for V. Getting a plane then train seems by far the quickest and its cheaper than getting the train all of the way down there. Only problem with that is beer. Not sure how many of us will be going but with it being a 5 day stay and the fact that you can take your drink in the arena means that we'll be taking a shedfull of drink. We won't be able to get all of that on the plane though. Don't know what the feck to do.

I've always got the bus down and it's fucking horrible tbh, even though it's the cheapest. Next year i'm planning on getting someone to drive down through the night to miss all the traffic, get there early etc, either that or get the night bus. Certainly don't want to get the normal National Express again though, took like 16 hours on the way there this year, was absolutely awful.

Finished now mate.

I wish you were.

Why? Have you found someone else to troll like?

Fucking hate people who use the word "troll" as a verb. No you wonder you've had to turn tricks and rough trade to get a sniff at being a journalist. :rolleyes:

I might be being a bit dim, but I can't see any mention of the c-word?

Guest Alan Shearer 9

Finished now mate.

I wish you were.

Why? Have you found someone else to troll like?

Fucking hate people who use the word "troll" as a verb. No you wonder you've had to turn tricks and rough trade to get a sniff at being a journalist. :rolleyes:

miaow, you've still got it you old codger you

The wait at Castle Carey station to get on the free shuttle bus is horrible.

Walking their lugging your crap is horrible.

Best idea is to drive down at a decent time. You might be in a bit of traffic, but at least you're not carrying stuff while you wait.