Geremi

JH

Hats off to him for recent performances.

Not the best player in the world and seriously lacks the pace needed to compete at this level, but he's given us some proper width in our last couple of games which has proven quite vital.

When Jonas returns, I'd be tempted to play    Geremi  Smith  Guthrie  Jonas      for alot of home games.

Guest Alan Shearer 9

He did well and I was pleasantly surprised to see him on the teamsheet before the game. Like Nolan, there's no way he should play two games a week mind.

I agree, Nolan should play EVERY GAME. He is vital to our chances.

Aside from a bizarre upturn in his set pieces, i don't think he offered very much today. :dontknow:

still got an assist so not bad, he is very capable of delivering a cross in and with our strikers mostly being big men thats useful to have. Main problem with him is he has about as much pace as the average glacier

Aside from a bizarre upturn in his set pieces, i don't think he offered very much today. :dontknow:

but more than Ryan Taylor on the RW?

Can't say i particularly rate either of them, but i'd rather Taylor - aye, if only for the fact his legs aren't forty years old (well, i suppose it's forty-two now, isn't it...) ;)

I'd have Guthrie there tbh. And Lovelyhands down the left. ;)

Can't say i particularly rate either of them, but i'd rather Taylor - aye, if only for the fact his legs aren't forty years old (well, i suppose it's forty-two now, isn't it...) ;)

Rubbish. He offers nowt on the wings.

Rubbish. He offers nowt on the wings.

From an attacking perspective, he pegs the defense back in the same way that Jonas does. Neither are particularly good deliverers of the ball but i thought he was dangerous at points today. He's a striker, absolutely, but whilst Jonas is out - i wouldn't look past Guthrie and Lovenkrands as the wingers.

If we're putting Geremi down one wing then we're gonna need a bit of speed down the other. I like Guthrie a hell of a lot, but when he's on the left he has to cut back and it wastes a lot of time - it happened on a couple of occassions today. It just slows us down.

By the way, Ryan Taylor had an excellent game at right back today after coming on, I think Coloccini was probably man of the match followed by him.

Didn't Colo play Smith and Enrique into trouble a couple of times in the first half?

rubbish, Enrique could have hoofed it but didn't. I don't remember the Smith incident tbh

By the way, Ryan Taylor had an excellent game at right back today after coming on, I think Coloccini was probably man of the match followed by him.

Didn't Colo play Smith and Enrique into trouble a couple of times in the first half?

rubbish, Enrique could have hoofed it but didn't. I don't remember the Smith incident tbh

The Smith one was very early on. It led to their lad having a shot he sent straight at Harper.

A simple "no" would have sufficed re Enrique.

End of last season he was woeful...this season so far only thing of note was a goal against huddersfield. The other game he played against leicester he had a fairly average/bad game and looked off the pace to me. Didnt look like creating anything, messed up a few passes.

Today sounds like hes put in a decent corner. Hed be decent cover if he could sort his passing out.