Watching The Manc Derby Game. And .....

Crumpy Gunt

Personally, I'll never forgive Given. Owen was always going to leave us, we knew for ages he wasn't going to resign.

Given fucked us over big time. Leaving half way through an incredibly important season for a shit price which he would have known about. Bastard.

Guest toonlass

While I hate Owen for being a mercenary cunt, I lost all respect for Given when he walked in January. I hate him for walking out when we needed him, for not having the bottle to help us try and avoid relegation. He could have stayed in the summer and got a move to City then, and I don't think anyone would have blamed him, but he chose to walk away before the fight had ended.

Disgusting, that end IYAM. Mark Hughes looked mad, way too much injury time as ever when Manure need a goal. And of course for that little twat to be the hero really leaves a bitter taste in my mouth.

One thing about the game for me is we should never have let Bellamy go, fucking Souness.

Given with out a doubt, left us in the sh*t, as for the excuse about the Liverpooli being what made his mind up, yeah right, what about the times Man Utd hammerd us 6-2, 5-1, or Birmingham beating us when they were in the Championship 5-1? He saw Man City's money and ran.

It's great to know that he can still conceed 4 goals a game when he's not with us anymore. He's a good shot stopper, but in a few years time, Krul will be twice as good as Given ever was.

Given stuck with us while we were shit for a number of years, i reckon that counts more than leaving half way through a season. i cant really blame any players for requesting a transfer while we're being ran by you know who. And it is better than giving up half way through a season and wasting a space in the side that a more productive player couldve filled, which is basically what Owen did. as for Bellamy, i quite like him, just which it had been Souness who got thrown out instead.

Watching Bellamy's goal what it brought home to me was what a hatchet job Souness did on what was a gifted squad when he took over. SBR had problems with the introduction of players like Butt and Bowyer into the team but it went downhill on a major scale once Souness started dismantling the legacy left by Robson instead of making one or two needed adjustments. The whole dynamic of the team switched from fast flowing pacy football to watching teams sent out with Butt and Amdy Faye sent out to stop other teams playing (mostly ourselves though).

I still like Given. He did a lot for the club and stayed when many thought he could (should?) have left. Then when he eventually leaves to a team who obviously have a good short-term future, people get pissed off. It's baffling.

Given complained about the lack of trophies at Newcastle but we gave him Champions League football for god's sake.  The way he goes on you'd have thought we battled relegation in every season.

Guest toonlass

I still like Given. He did a lot for the club and stayed when many thought he could (should?) have left. Then when he eventually leaves to a team who obviously have a good short-term future, people get pissed off. It's baffling.

It was the timing and the way he did it that pissed people off, if he had stayed until the summer and then left then fine, no-one would have held it against him. However he was just like a rat leaving a sinking ship. I can't forgive him for not hanging on until the summer, City would still have wanted him then if he had chosen to leave then.

I think it was very telling what Shay said in his press conference "They made me do things I didn't want to do"

What you mean his job that he gets paid truck loads for? That at the end of the day is a game, no one lives or dies by it.

I think it was very telling what Shay said in his press conference "They made me do things I didn't want to do"

What you mean his job that he gets paid truck loads for? That at the end of the day is a game, no one lives or dies by it.

Escobar might disagree.

I'm bemused at the hatred for Given. He was a great servant to the club and never gave less than 100%. He decided to go because of the way the club was being ran at the time and that's the issue. People's anger should be directed at the owner and his cohorts for the way they have ****ed us all over.

Guest toonlass

What were they wanting him to do? Shove hamsters up his arse? Skin Kittens alive? Or get paid shedloads to play football and be hero-worshipped?