Great North Run 2010

Guest Geordiesned

Guest Geordiesned

A few have already mentioned that they're going to enter next year so let's see who's in?? :D

The date for next year's run has been announced as Sunday 19th September, so the same weekend again.

I'm in!  :coolsmiley:

• 3 months later...
Guest Geordiesned

Entries are now open through the Daily Mirror ballot. They've got 3000 places up for grabs. If you don't get a place through that you're automatically entered into the general ballot.

Guest Kenton Magpie

Thinking on taking part in order to raise money for cancer research uk in memory of my mam, never done anything like this before so I better get cracking!

Thinking on taking part in order to raise money for cancer research uk in memory of my mam, never done anything like this before so I better get cracking!

Thinking of doing something similar myself, also give's me a target to finally get myself into shape and do something for charity which I've wanted to do for a while

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

I'm running for St. Oswalds, it will be my first time, was supposed to do it 3 years ago but broke my big toe a couple of weeks before, which was a lucky escape. :lol:

How is everyone doing win their training? I only ask because I'm not long back from one, I've been going every single night for about 10 days now and I'm really feeling the benefits already, I'm a fairly slim 21 year old but I haven't done any exercise for years, I'm doing about 2.5-3 miles each night in around 20 minutes, rest day tomorrow then going for 4 miles every night next week, then see how we go from there, I'd want to be able to do 8 miles comfortably by the big kick off. What is everyone else's plan?

Dear me, just been for a run and I have a long, long way to go before I can do 13miles. :lol:

I feel that same, though if I run at the pace I would do on the day I get bored and speed up, so after about 6 miles i'm starting to die.

Dear me, just been for a run and I have a long, long way to go before I can do 13miles. :lol:

I feel that same, though if I run at the pace I would do on the day I get bored and speed up, so after about 6 miles i'm starting to die.

I wish I could do 6 miles at the slow pace I'm doing now, I was confident after the last run I did until tonight, but it's just brought me right back down to Earth. :lol:

It's times like this I wish I had done some kind of regular exercise when I left school instead of abusing my body for 3 years...

Probably going to get a charity place sorted in August, fancy doing New York in 2011. Maybe Berlin in the spring. Training on your own is fucking hard though. 1hr4015secs last year, including a toilet-stop. Would be looking to match that again, given the same weather.

• 2 weeks later...

Can anyone help me? My boss is doing this but needs somewhere to stay. I've suggested that they pitch a tent at The Meadow Well but it didn't seem to go down well :dontknow: