Peterborough 2 - 0 Newcastle (CC) - 22/09/09 - post match reaction from page 11

Dave

I'm sorry for all the fans who have paid good money to go down to see the game and having to witness a mainly reserve team - in my opinion the team that's been put out is a disgrace - a couple of the fringe players yes but not that many  :dave: :dave:

Aye, you're right: Hughton should make his team selection purely to appease a few hundred travelling fans.

I'm sorry for all the fans who have paid good money to go down to see the game and having to witness a mainly reserve team - in my opinion the team that's been put out is a disgrace - a couple of the fringe players yes but not that many  :dave: :dave:

It's the Carling Cup.

Aye, you're right: Hughton should make his team selection purely to appease a few hundred travelling fans.

Two and a half thousand according to the radio, no idea if this is true like.

It's the Carling Cup.

Yes but it's the most important game of our lives.

I don't really want us to go through but I don't want to be bummed in the face either, does no-one any good!

Good point. How come nobody else has made it? ;)

We should have started Zurab!

;)

He's playing on Friday at 3pm though. Wearing 99.

When he gets home from quoting bolier repairs in the Falklands  :laugh:

Like the last cup game when we lost Shola and Jonas? f*** that!

Well he should of stated that before the tickets went on sale that he was going to play a reserve team I know for a fact that the fans are not happy down there as my brother who is at the game has just text me

Well he should of stated that before the tickets went on sale that he was going to play a reserve team I know for a fact that the fans are not happy down there as my brother who is at the game has just text me

He'd be ok if we were winning though.

I'm afraid you pay your money you take your chances.

Doesn't fucking matter. They should get behind the kids on the pitch even moreso than they would senior players. All fans can understand Hughton's reasoning.

It was pretty obvious really.

Does he speak for every single person down there? If people are that naive to think we'd be playing a full-strength side tonight then that's their own fault.

Can someone just tell me the injury status of the following if known;

Simpson, Jonas, Shola.

Cheers.

Orange inj.

I was so tempted to put that. But seem to have heard nothing on any of them.

Does he speak for every single person down there? If people are that naive to think we'd be playing a full-strength side tonight then that's their own fault.

Fuck sake its the Carling Cup, I'm sure no NUFC fan will care on Saturday should we be celebrating victory against Keano's lot.