2nd in the league

womblemaster

Did anyone see wba gme vs boro.

I hate to say it, but atmo we wont win this league.  wba are the best team in the division atmo, they played some great football in last 3rd against boro.

We gonna have to sharpen up alot to beat them, fro the champ winners title!

Unless something internal causes massive fail, 2nd spot is achievable at a stroll.  However i dont trust huyton to sort out the midfield fiasco ......hoping we dont stall our great start!

its finely balanced atmo!

I hate to say it, but atmo we wont win this league.  wba are the best team in the division atmo, they played some great football in last 3rd against boro.

We gonna have to sharpen up alot to beat them, fro the champ winners title!

Unless something internal causes massive fail, 2nd spot is achievable at a stroll.  However i dont trust huyton to sort out the midfield fiasco ......hoping we dont stall our great start!

its finely balanced atmo!

Chris Van Huyton is class and will take us back up :thup:

Going up is all that's important atm. I won't feel like a loser if we get 2nd or go up via the playoffs tbh.

Plus I don't think the Boro-WBA ended like it did because of class, I think it was more to do with Boro being s***. WBA are still a beatable team

Huyton? Improvement on Houghton I guess. :lol:

The thing with WBA that I see is, is that I reckon although they'll look pretty, I can see them losing a few more games than us when the chips are down. We've shown this season that we're up for the fight if things are looking tough (Cardiff & Sheff Wed being two prime examples).

Guest thefishman

The thing with WBA that I see is, is that I reckon although they'll look pretty, I can see them losing a few more games than us when the chips are down. We've shown this season that we're up for the fight if things are looking tough (Cardiff & Sheff Wed being two prime examples).

Blackpool? Peterborough? Lincoln!

Was quite nice to see Boro being totally outclassed, I'd be happy if there's only two main contenders for the title with the other getting second spot.

Don't want to face play offs, think any of the relegated teams that find themselves in them are doomed to failure because of the huge amount of pressure they'd be under.

we'll come back down anyway

If Ashley was here, you could bet your house on it.

To be honest, I think we're 2nd DESPITE how dismally poor we are.

I can't get over it really. The way we are playing, we should be down about 12th.

As for WBA, they've got a REAL manager, not a caretaker.

The first couple goals from Brom were down to luck, deflected freekick & the keepers howler. By that time Boro's heads go down & it becomes an easy game. They played well, but cant say theyre the best team in the league yet due to one point.

If Hughton stops pissin about with 4-5-1 & actually plays some form of strategy based on actually attacking the opposition id say we've the better players easily.

Blackpool? Peterborough? Lincoln!

Against Peterborough we basically played a second team.

Lincoln? ???

Yet they couldn't beat us at their own ground before they lost their best player.  We've probably had the hardest start out of any of the top three, especially with a few key players injured, but we're still right up their only a point off WBA, its stupidly early to claim that we can't win the league.

2nd will do me BUT its way to early to be saying anything, WBA v Boro was more about how very poor Boro were and not about how class WBA were. I will worry if we sink down the table and are mid table by January, as long as we stay top 6 for most of the season no lower we have a great chance of going up.

I think we'll finish above West Brom. We've got a better squad and when we're taken over the feel good factor will be back with a vengeance, St James' will be a fortress again and smash everyone in our midst.

There you have it. Stop worrying.