A Saveloy Dip

mattynufc

What the hell is a Saveloy Dip?  Some mackem lad at work keeps going on about getting one for his tea, but never tells me what it is.

I know what a saveloy is.. but what's the dip bit? It must be something decent the amount he goes on about it like.

Guest lankybellwipe

What the hell is a Saveloy Dip?  Some mackem lad at work keeps going on about getting one for his tea, but never tells me what it is.

I know what a saveloy is.. but what's the dip bit? It must be something decent the amount he goes on about it like.

You can ask for either a 'Saveloy' which you know about, or, a 'Saveloy dip' in which they give you what you know about, then 'dip' your head in a pan of pease pudding

You can ask for either a 'Saveloy' which you know about, or, a 'Saveloy dip' in which they give you what you know about, then 'dip' your head in a pan of pease pudding

so it is Saveloy and Pease Pudding.  That wouldn't even touch my sides, no idea how he can just have that for tea.

so it is Saveloy and Pease Pudding.  That wouldn't even touch my sides, no idea how he can just have that for tea.

I think the word Mackem that you have used might be a clue for that mind. Probably a banquet for that lot.

It's saveloy in a bun, with stuffing pease pudding mustard, then the thing is lightly dipped in the saveloy "gravy". Tho wiki claims its dipped in pease pudding  :laugh2:

You're no geordie.

Now I am going 2 go get one, due to this thread, you bastard.

It's saveloy in a bun, with stuffing pease pudding mustard, then the thing is lightly dipped in the saveloy "gravy". Tho wiki claims its dipped in pease pudding  :laugh2:

You're no geordie.

Just off into town actually...might call by Dicksons and get one wi' stuffing

Guest lankybellwipe

You're no geordie.

We have a Dicksons on the doorstep!! Really should take more advantage of it tbh!!

You're no geordie.

We have a Dicksons on the doorstep!! Really should take more advantage of it tbh!!

Strangely enough, so do I.  :shifty:

Guest lankybellwipe

You're no geordie.

Strangely enough, so do I.  :shifty:

:lol:

You're no geordie.

Now I am going 2 go get one, due to this thread, you b******.

I totally agree.

1 He can't possibly be a Geordie with a gap in his knowledge like this

2 I'm going to have to go to Dicksons and buy one now after reading this