Good Ol Nixon

Thespence

This is the clown that used to post on a Blackburn messageboard. He has to be making this shit up....I mean Gary Cahill  £20 fucking million is unreal.

SPURS BOSS HARRY REDKNAPP EYES £20M GARY CAHILL

Alan Nixon

Spurs boss Harry Redknapp wants to buy Bolton's England World Cup hopeful Gary Cahill to solve his massive problem at the back.

But Redknapp, right, will have to come up with a stunning £20million to land centre-half Cahill in the January transfer window.

Cahill has been a secret Redknapp target for months and the canny White Hart Lane chief is planning a raid on the Reebok in the New Year as he faces up to long-term injury worries over Ledley King and Jonathan Woodgate.

Redknapp has been working overtime behind the scenes, even though Cahill, far right, signed a new contract at Bolton at the start of the season. People Sport can reveal that Spurs tried for Cahill in the summer but were warned off by fuming Bolton supremo Phil Gartside, who was alarmed that they knew about a transfer clause in his contract .

Bolton erased that clause when Cahill re-signed but Spurs are still on the case, and now Gartside and Bolton boss Gary Megson are ready to play hard-ball.

Wanderers rate Cahill better than any other English centre-half, with Joleon Lescott's move from Everton to Manchester City setting a £20m going rate for top-class home-grown defenders.

Cahill has also been linked with Italian giants Juventus and AC Milan, but Spurs are comfortably ahead in the race to land him.

Redknapp has pleaded for funds to strengthen his defence at White Hart Lane .

King cannot be relied on to play regularly, while Woodgate is also struggling for fitness. Michael Dawson is being rushed back into action because of the crisis, with Vedran Corluka failing to impress.

Bitter Bolton managed to keep Cahill sweet in the summer by convincing him that he had a better chance of making the England team with them because he would be guaranteed regular firstteam football .

Now Spurs have come sniffing again - but Bolton are determined they won't get their man on the cheap.

Hossam Ghaly has launched a bitter attack on Spurs, accusing the club of double standards.

The Egypt international ended a three-year spell with Spurs in January when joining Saudi Arabian club Al-Nassr.

But Ghaly's White Hart Lane career effectively finished in May 2007, when he flung his shirt to the ground after being substituted against Blackburn. "I still regret throwing my shirt to the ground," Ghaly said.

"But other players, like Robbie Keane, still play for the club after making the same mistake."

Bolton will ask £20m for Cahill though. He absolutely holds them together and I bet Villa will get a decent chunk of the transfer fee. I think Bolton learned with Anelka that they have to get ridiculous fees for these players and they won't be able to replace them for standard fees.

They paid 10m for Elmander who is hardly an adequate replacement for Anelka and they couldn't replace Cahill for say 10m either.