FlashForward - Discussion up to Episode 7 (US pace) WARNING: Here be spoilers!!

Andy

It's not really a plot hole yet though, is it? :razz:

Whether it's a plot-hole depends on whether or not the future is set-in-stone.

It's going to be very hard for them to dig their way out of it having shown him

investigating the event itself, meaning that he knew the exact time and date that his old self would flash forward to, yet he just ignored that like everyone else seemingly did and carried on as normal. They may have a clever way of getting out of that, but if they don't then it would have been much better for them to either not mention the time and date, or have it so he wasn't seen investigating the event itself. I hope you're right and they're just leading us on in some way, but I'm not going to assume it and be disappointed when they don't and just leave a gaping hole at the centre of their concept like so many other shows have in the past.

investigating the event itself, meaning that he knew the exact time and date that his old self would flash forward to, yet he just ignored that like everyone else seemingly did and carried on as normal. They may have a clever way of getting out of that, but if they don't then it would have been much better for them to either not mention the time and date, or have it so he wasn't seen investigating the event itself. I hope you're right and they're just leading us on in some way, but I'm not going to assume it and be disappointed when they don't and just leave a gaping hole at the centre of their concept like so many other shows have in the past.

It seems far too obvious for the writers to not have been aware of it. Having said that, it's not exactly Lindelof and Cuse writing it, so we'll see.

It seems far too obvious for the writers to not have been aware of it. Having said that, it's not exactly Lindelof and Cuse writing it, so we'll see.

It does, but it wouldn't be the first time, would it! :lol:

It's good.

As for the plot hole, I'm with indi, unfortunately, and can see it being ignored throughout the series. I hope we're wrong.

Andy, as you're usually in the know with these things, should we recognise the writers/directors/producers from other shows/films?

It's good.

As for the plot hole, I'm with indi, unfortunately, and can see it being ignored throughout the series. I hope we're wrong.

Andy, as you're usually in the know with these things, should we recognise the writers/directors/producers from other shows/films?

Creator David S. Goyer wrote The Dark Knight. Co-Creator Brannon Braga wrote for 24 last season, and has wrote for Star Trek and many other shows in the past.

Could have done a lot better with the opening.

I mean they had so much scope for awesome shit and all we got was a loose kangaroo.

Yeah, and it was a shit cgi kangaroo to boot, why not just get a fucking kangaroo?