"Geordie Blubbers" - More "tongue-in-cheek" Southern Journalism ?

Guest Phil K

From a book by a Times/Telegraph sports journo

From what I've read of it in The Times "Game", to call it pompous sh*t would be a compliment.

Now, to my knowledge, it isn't just Newcastle fans. EVERY club has it's blubbers INCLUDING the "big four"

I recall seeing a pre-Roman Chelsea come back from 0-2 down to Liverpool to beat them 4-2 and the camera focused on several boo-hooing scousers. I've seen Man U fans bubbling when they hadn't won everything (2nd and beaten finalists actually - the following year the won the treble. They STILL blubbed)

Wasn't just that with this tripe though. I found it funny that at one point he tried to reign back his spite, and then lurched back again.

Ah well read for yourself, come to your own conclusions.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/article6851617.ece

Of course there are some on here who believe all this is in our mind...... :rolleyes:

About half way down under Bill Shankley _ Bill Shankley one of 50 who ruined football ?

The papers and SSN made out like we were all weeping and sobbing at Villa Park, I didn't see so much as a tear from anyone other than that one fat lad they kept showing.

I was there and didn't see a single person crying at the time. I've since seen the clip you mention repeatedly, and just for the first time at the weekend I saw a different clip I'd not seen before of one lad comforting another who was crying.

The papers and SSN made out like we were all weeping and sobbing at Villa Park, I didn't see so much as a tear from anyone other than that one fat lad they kept showing.

Exactly, I came out saying "At least no-one was crying" and was told the next day they'd managed to find someone for the cameras.

Guest SupermacTheLegend

The Times is just for Posh Wankers anyway, i dont give a flying fuck what they, bunch of fucking twats.

"Bill Shankly Fouled up Football"

Give me a fucking brake.

Guest toonlass

I told him to pack it in,  :lol: Proper female sympathy there like.

Fans of all teams have been crying on telly for years.

I don't even know what that's based on. We're known for crying? Only game I can think that's been shown was Villa, and has been said, that was 2 or 3 people which the cameras did well to find.  Most of us stayed back and sang for over 15mins.

It's based on the game at Blackburn where our title hopes went up in smoke. There was a lass in the crowd who burst into tears and Sky Sports zoomed in after Shearer scored the winner for Blackburn IIRC.

I don't even know what that's based on. We're known for crying? Only game I can think that's been shown was Villa, and has been said, that was 2 or 3 people which the cameras did well to find.  Most of us stayed back and sang for over 15mins.

It's based on the game at Blackburn where our title hopes went up in smoke. There was a lass in the crowd who burst into tears and Sky Sports zoomed in after Shearer scored the winner for Blackburn IIRC.

Graeme Fenton scored both. Cunt.

Graeme Fenton scored both. Cunt.

Just as well I included the IIRC then :lol:

Before the game, there was a distinct "For God's sake - don't humiliate us" towards those who went. When I saw after that game there the cameras desperately searched for someone that was - there was a baldy pillock just what they wanted. ONE that I saw. And you know what ? It wouldn't surprise me one iota if he was planted by the rags. Seriously.

Anyone notice how Billy Bragg is one of the pictures in the top header. Maybe I'm too young but how did Billy Bragg ruin football. Also couldn't help but notice our esteemed owner in the same header. What the fuck has Mike Ashley done wrong? Probably southerners picking on geordies again, those cheeky cockneys.

Exactly, pretty sure we said as much to each other at the time about our fans being solid on the day. No comment on the fact that most of us were still there, singing about 45mins after full time either.

ive not read the link, but are they totally forgetting that John Terry shed more tears in moscow than our whole away end at villa(and possibly more than all of our fans in 96).  The press must have been gutted that day as like other said there was hardly anyone in tears maybe 2-3 at most

ive not read the link, but are they totally forgetting that John Terry shed more tears in moscow than our whole away end at villa(and possibly more than all of our fans in 96).  The press must have been gutted that day as like other said there was hardly anyone in tears maybe 2-3 at most

That Terry incident was funny as fuck, it has to be said.

Anyone notice how Billy Bragg is one of the pictures in the top header. Maybe I'm too young but how did Billy Bragg ruin football.

Billy Bragg is a tediously boring politically correct prat who seems to be believe he has musical talent. He's got less musical talent than my farts. And my farts are musical only to me, and I accept that - he doesn't accept his musical limitations (he even kept referring to himself in a radio doc about the great Woody Guthrie FFS !

But ruining football ? Just another example why this prick's comments are moronic, and typical of the southern (and Manchester) based spite.

But they're treated as interesting, and not the uneducated spiteful rants, which they are.

Haven read the article I must say that journalist seems bitter as fuck about something, the Bill Shankley extract is utterly ridiculous. The Newcastle section is extremely lazy journalism built on top of the lazy journalism of honing in on one tearful fan, picking the biggest mong to interview etc.