Mock The Week and its regulars

Ishmael

Like I said "next few hours"...

Opinions on the show and this lot please:

Hugh Dennis, Frankie Boyle, A.n.d.y.................................................................................P.a.r.s.o.n.s, Russell Howard

Now a household name, Mock The Week has, over the years, proved an extremely effective career springboard for the likes of Michael McIntyre, David Mitchell, John Oliver, Stewart Francis, Mark Watson, Lucy Porter and Rhod Gilbert as well as a platform for established names such as Ed Byrne, Gina Yashere, Greg Proops and Fred MacAulay to flex their topical muscles.

O rly?

Hugh Dennis - don't think too much of him and I hate his face

Frankie Boyle - funny at times but uses the same material too often

Andy Parsons - stop fucking shouting & overpronouncing (is that a word?) everything

Russell Howard - farrrrrrrrrrr too eager to please

I still watch it though, usually.

The only one who makes me laugh regularly is the Canadian that does one liners.

Stewart Francis I think you mean, he's brilliant.

Dara is easily the best one on the show in my opinion.

The only one who makes me laugh regularly is the Canadian that does one liners.

Stewart Francis I think you mean, he's brilliant.

Dara is easily the best one on the show in my opinion.

Yep I'd seen him on Paramount Comedy's Stand up show.

Stewart Francis is hilarious and I'm still a big Frankie Boyle fan. Never really been a fan of Russell Howard though, I can't stand the guy. But Dara and Andy are really funny too. As are David Mitchell, Michael McIntyre and that Welsh guy from the advert. I thought the latest series was a let down though

I can't help but feel I enjoyed last week's show rather more without Frankie constantly trying to be over-controversial and curmudgeonly.

It made it worse IMO. I hated it, mainly because Russell's love affair with Frankie was spilling over into the show. He mentioned the guy every 3 seconds. I can't help but think him being there and not being mentioned would have been less annoying.

Don't like Hugh Dennis, Andy Parsons, Russell Howard and can put up with Boyle. O'Brien is very good. One of my main issues with the show is that it doesn't mock the week, it barely has any relation to the news aside from the occassional ill-informed, obvious and frankly ignorant swipe at something they appear to know nothing about. Their 'mocking' of the week is at about the same standard as the joke text messages that get sent around. The bit where Dennis reads a script over some footage is beyond belief, I can't believe it markets itself as a show where they're making it up as it goes along.

Don't like Hugh Dennis, Andy Parsons, Russell Howard and can put up with Boyle. O'Brien is very good. One of my main issues with the show is that it doesn't mock the week, it barely has any relation to the news aside from the occassional ill-informed, obvious and frankly ignorant swipe at something they appear to know nothing about. Their 'mocking' of the week is at about the same standard as the joke text messages that get sent around. The bit where Dennis reads a script over some footage is beyond belief, I can't believe it markets itself as a show where they're making it up as it goes along.

It's all scripted. They get information on the rounds, what the topics will be, what the questions and answers will be etc. like a few days in advance so they can work up material.

It's all scripted. They get information on the rounds, what the topics will be, what the questions and answers will be etc. like a few days in advance so they can work up material.

There's a video around somewhere of Frankie Boyle trying out the material a few days prior to the show, explaining to the audience the 'scenes you'd like to see' topics.

What's worse is some of the comedians on the show always do shit on 'scenes you'd like to see', even after having a week to write the material for it.