Joey Barton's injury - out for up to four months

ujpest doza

No loss really, he has been s*** or injured his entire time here anyway.

we got relegated

He didn't help matters when he wanted to show the world kop how tough he is by kicking one of the heros in front of them.  Joey Barton the person is a disaster, Joey Barton the player overrated by a few, vastly overrated by himself.

I predit that he'll put in some class performances some point soon, everyone will start kissing his ass again & ill quote this to show im mystic meg. People have very short memories.

Considering he's basically failed to turn in a single class performance in two years, I wouldn't hold my breath.

I predit that he'll put in some class performances some point soon, everyone will start kissing his ass again & ill quote this to show im mystic meg. People have very short memories.

Alan Smith a converted striker is a better midfielder than J.Barton. Kevin Nolan is more of goal threat. Jonas is more creative.  Being slightly better than Butt & kissing the Newcastle badge at SOL is all this fucker has in the locker.

Alan Smith a converted striker is a better midfielder than J.Barton. Kevin Nolan is more of goal threat. Jonas is more creative.  Being slightly better than Butt & kissing the Newcastle badge at SOL is all this fucker has in the locker.

I agree with all you had to say, until you said 'slightly' better than Butt.

I'm slightly better than Butt, Barton is lightyears ahead.

Short memories as i say. The going opinion round here now is suddenly that Bartons completely useless based on 3 games or so, when before it miraculously managed to be that he was the best midfielder we have. Strange that.

Short memories as i say. The going opinion round here now is suddenly that Bartons completely useless based on 3 games or so, when before it miraculously managed to be that he was the best midfielder we have. Strange that.

Not as strange as your interpretation of it. Most people expected him to be the best midfielder in this league (mainly based on his Man City form and a few games under KK), but he's been very poor so far this season and our worst midfielder bar Butt. He's not been justifying his inclusion ahead of Guthrie this season.

Yes it was miraculous that people thought that I guess it can only be down to the fact we could all remember the vast majority of this years squad playing badly last season & WE with our short memories forgot how bad Barton is on the rare games he does play. Still he has scored 2 pens for us so it hasn't all been bad.

Guest WashyGeordie

When does his contract end? 60k a week for a few games a season is taking the piss.

This.

And he's been even worse this season.

On paper he's still the best central midfielder at the club, unfortunately it doesn't seem to translate well into reality.  When I've seen him play this season he's looked like he couldn't give a shit, his ability covered up for this in a couple of games but he hasn't looked like the player he should be on paper.

I don't even believe that the injury is that serious, learning from Shearer what the situation was last season with "injured" players having a holiday camp mentality I doubt that Hughton will have been too strict with the players and one or two will have relaxed back into the old routine.

Not as strange as your interpretation of it. Most people expected him to be the best midfielder in this league (mainly based on his Man City form and a few games under KK), but he's been very poor so far this season and our worst midfielder bar Butt. He's not been justifying his inclusion ahead of Guthrie this season.

That would be a nice argument if i was stating that hes currently our best midfielder and in prolific form, but im not really am i.

I am stating that hes not useless. All this "barely better than butt, never played well for us" crap thats going around is completely laughable. Over the last two seasons when he wasnt setting out to cripple the oppositions players he consistantly put in better performances than our other midfielders, that is how he became considered to be our best midfielder at the time. It wasnt magic.

Now on the back of three dodgy performances where he loses the ball by trying to play through balls to 1 man upfront against 2/3 defenders suddenly he's a complete waste of space. Ignoring the fact that bar Ameobi he was probably our motm against Reading, the only game where he's played with two lads infront of him IIRC. Thats also ignoring the fact he had just come off an injury.

Not an in form midfielder for us no. But anyone who could care less whether we have him for cover or not is completely clueless. Theres no where near enough of a solid basis to be writing him off as atall useful anytime soon.  :idiot2:

Guest The Libertine

and people questioned my judgement when i said months ago he was possibly our biggest liability ever. shearer knew.

there should be a poll to see if anyone is giving him another chance.

I'd be happy to never see him in a Newcastle strip again

The one thing imo that Ashley rightfully tried over ruling Keegan on, was trying to sell him.

He had the right opinion. Trying to overrule the manager though takes the piss.

Worms. Can. :aww: