A Nightmare on Elm Street

Guest Stephen927

Guest Stephen927

I'm looking somewhat forward to this, mainly to see how bad it will be without Mr. Englund as Freddy.

Freddys voice sounds really shit like, compared to what it was on the old movies.

Why? Just why? I don't think I'll even bother with it. Love the originals, especially the first and third films. I'm quite sure this will be a cash in dissapointment like most of these slasher remakes seem to be. I thought the re-make of Halloween was shite as well. Friday The 13th won't be a patch on the original as well no doubt. Wish people would leave these type of films as they are and come up with something original.

i'll watch it, probably at the cinema because i was too old first time around.  :thup:

i hope he has the same sort of voice as englund in the movie proper, that imho was what made freddy 'likeable' as a character, the cheesy lines in 'that voice'

i missed the friday the 13th remake because i wanted to actually see it on friday the 13th, but didn't pre-order tickets and missed out :(

Guest Stephen927

i'll watch it, probably at the cinema because i was too old first time around.  :thup:

i hope he has the same sort of voice as englund in the movie proper, that imho was what made freddy 'likeable' as a character, the cheesy lines in 'that voice'

i missed the friday the 13th remake because i wanted to actually see it on friday the 13th, but didn't pre-order tickets and missed out :(

You hear a bit of his voice in the teaser trailer, I'm not too keen on it.

You hear a bit of his voice in the teaser trailer, I'm not too keen on it.

yeah, it was like a bad marlon brando impersonation. i'm hoping it's better in the rest of the film  :kasper:

Just watched the trailer, it looks shit. One of the most pointless remakes yet. Friday the 13th wasn't good, but I could see the point in making it, it also wasn't just a scene for scene copy. Thought Zombie did a great job with Halloween, he definitely took the original idea and did something different with it. I bet you in this there'll be way too much explanation of things that we didn't learn until the third and fourth film in the original series.

The only good thing about this relaunch is that Englund is not in it, because that would have been the only way to ruin the original.

1st and 3rd are stand out films for me. I'll probably go and see the remake not expecting too much from it though.

Re: Halloween remake, I loved the orginal it was one of my favourite films of all time, but I didn't hate the remake. It just didn't register with me as a remake, it had its own agenda, in the main Rob Zombie wanted to shock people, it was always going to be such a tough remake.

Man, can nobody come up with any new film ideas? We're drowning in unnecessary remakes, what's the point?

$

Is that good?

You asked what's the point of the remakes. And the point is for the studios to get $. It's not a good thing, imho.

i'll be taking the girlfriend to the midnight showing, even if just for the purpose of wearing a freddy glove and putting my arm around her and tapping her on the shoulder with it as the closing credits come up  :iamatwat:

Class :lol:

I need to get me a girlfriend (and a Freddy glove, but that'll be a lot easier) before this opens so I can do that too :lol:

A Nightmare On Elm Street producer Brad Fuller has admitted that Freddy Krueger's final look is not yet finished.

Watchmen star Jackie Earle Haley will portray the dream killer in the remake of the 1984 Wes Craven horror film.

A new teaser trailer for the reboot was unveiled earlier this week, in which the character's make-up and voice are not entirely complete, according to Fuller's blog on studio Platinum Dunes' website.

He wrote: "We are continuing to refine Freddy's look. Many people commented about the CGI on his face - and I don't want to give everything away but I will say this - Freddy's face is 98% practical make-up.

"Moreover, as you now know we went hardcore on what a burn victim really looks like, and I can't imagine what the comments would have been if he didn't look like a real burn victim."

Fuller added: "Jackie spent so much time on the voice, researching what people who have their vocal cords burned sound like. He is still working on it and I suspect that we will be refining it, until the last moment."

Haley earlier said that his version of Freddy will differ from Robert Englund's.