Newcastle v Bristol City- Pre-match thread

Dinho lad

Guest toonlass

I reckon we will up our game for this (for no particular reason) and we will win 3-1. Harewood 2, Carroll 1 and someone for them the other.

Harper

Simpson  Zurab  Taylor  Enrique

Geremi  Smith  Nolan  Jonas

Carroll  Harewood

is how I would start. Not sure how likely it is like.

I'd risk a bit of a shake-up tbh. Players tire.

Harper

Simpson Taylor Coloccini Enrique

Taylor     Smith Guthrie     Jonas

Harewood Lovenkrands

Leave Butt out, he'll be fucked. Leave Nolan out, he'll be fucked. Leave Geremi out, he's generally fucked. The two young lads upfront have played a few games on the bounce now and are bound to be fucked. If Coloccini and Taylor are fit then get them straight back in the team (although, from what me Dad says, Khiz sounded good on the radio). Same with Jonas and Harewood. They've both had some good minutes under their belt now and a fair bit of training, get them back in the side. It's about time to see Lovenkrands upfront n'all. He's never a winger but could be an effective striker in this division - i've got faith in them two up top to deliver a performance.

Fresh legs and lets have them. We can put ourselves in an excellent position if we win this. Preston and West Brom play each other, btw.....

Harper

Simpson  Zurab  Taylor  Enrique

Geremi   Smith  Nolan  Jonas

Carroll  Harewood

is how I would start. Not sure how likely it is like.

Same with Ryan Taylor in for Geremi if fit. We need to play with some width if we want to take advantage of the physical presence we have up front.