At what point.....

Ronaldo

are you lot going to acknowledge the fact that Ranger isn't ready for first team football when his strike partner is Carroll?

The lad grafts, run his bollocks off and at times shows nice touches and decent strength. Means nothing when he doesn't have a clue where to stand or where to run. He's going to have to go back to the reserves, continue to mature as a player and get the occassional 20 minutes when we're up against it.

Harewood had been on the pitch 10 minutes and he'd scored one and three times got into a goalscoring position, the difference he made was staggering. As I said on Saturday  :rolleyes: he HAS to start the next game. Still i'm sure there will  be one or two who'll still pick Ranger and Carroll, who've managed 2 goals between them in a combined 16 games.

Obviously there's been some concern over whether Harewood's match fitness will allow him to start games right now, coupled with the fact that Ranger did very well in the last game which we won 4-0, meant it was a pretty simple choice to go with Ranger ahead of Harewood.

I would be staggered if Harewood did not start ahead of Ranger in the next game however.

Of course Ranger's got a lot of learning to do, and he's nowhere near the finished product, but trust me he's learned a million more things in his outings for the first team this season, than he will ever do playing in the stiffs league with the reserves.

Obviously there's been some concern over whether Harewood's match fitness will allow him to start games right now, coupled with the fact that Ranger did very well in the last game which we won 4-0, meant it was a pretty simple choice to go with Ranger ahead of Harewood.

I would be staggered if Harewood did not start ahead of Ranger in the next game however.

Of course Ranger's got a lot of learning to do, and he's nowhere near the finished product, but trust me he's learned a million more things in his outings for the first team this season, than he will ever do playing in the stiffs league with the reserves.

:thup:

On all counts.

I was just amazed that most wanted Carroll and Ranger up front again.

As someone said, Harewood probably wasn't match fit and Carroll and Ranger played the last game where we won 4-0.  

Hardly a crazy decision to start them again.

Guest The Libertine

giving him 10 minutes at the end of every second game does nothing for him. if we're winning (and, yes, we have been...a lot) whats the harm in playing him?

this league is like the training wheels on a bike for a few of our young players. its excellent experience for the future.

Why is Lovenkrands not getting a chance up front? We all know he's no winger, so if he's really behind 4 players in the pecking order, why bother giving him a contract?

Same reason as Harewood?

clearly not, but one of them should be starting

Why clearly not? You're here arguing that our senior players should be playing because they're much better. Well considering their experience and probable wages both Harewood and Lovenkrands should be keeping the likes of Carroll and Ranger out of the starting line-up.

Why is Lovenkrands not getting a chance up front? We all know he's no winger, so if he's really behind 4 players in the pecking order, why bother giving him a contract?

He's not getting a chance because he hasn't earned one yet. Ranger's been far more effective and worked much harder when given a first team shirt.