Keegan vs Ashley and Co case settled - KK awarded 2m

Taylor Swift

• 5 months later...
Guest Stephen927
Kevin Keegan criticises Wayne Rooney lifestyle choices

"You can't then turn around and say there's too much paparazzi around or too much publicity," Keegan told ESPN.

"You can't have all the contracts, sell your wedding to magazines and things like this, and suddenly say, 'That's the tap I want to turn on but we want to turn the other one off'.

"It's just one tap and I know from when I played that if you are advertising boots and all these things, you have to go and make appearances. You are going to appear in the paper.

"But the one thing I would say is keep your home and your family out of it and just take your endorsements if that's what you want to do.

"One minute you are courting it, the next minute you're saying 'I don't want this'."

"His performance at Bolton tells me his confidence is shot," added Keegan.

"Last year, you'd fancy him to put some of these chances into the net. For United to get back to where they should be - and winning at places like Bolton - they need to be getting Wayne Rooney firing on all cylinders."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/m/man_utd/9035694.stm

Spot on. :clap:

Would be interesting if the tabloids caught someone like Paul Scholes using prostitutes and they decided not to print it because he doesn't court publicity.

I imagine they wouldn't. I know Rooney has indulged in self promotion in the past, but it's not as clear-cut as people think.

And even if it was, that wouldn't stop him being human and affected by his private life being plastered all over the media.