Keegan vs Ashley and Co case settled - KK awarded 2m

Taylor Swift

I think a few things are made clear.  Keegan gets vindicated and Nacho was the straw that broke the camels back.  Mort has enough integrity to fulfill his original commitment and then not extend that commitment because he saw what was going on.  Mike Ashley, Dennis Wise, et al are rank amateurs.

Guest aoliversaknob

Mate that PDf just sums up everyrthing I have thought about the cunts running our club for a long time.

Unreal.......and the southeren press and other fans reckon our demise is down to the pressure from the toon fans  ( yeah fucking righty oh)

I dont mind Ashley to be fair he gives hope to millions of us that any mug can become a billionaire.

Liking it Spence.......must be the fuckers on y redeeming feature though

Afternoon Addy :thup:

Is this the same Addy i was at the Match with on weds.?

I think a few things are made clear.  Keegan gets vindicated and Nacho was the straw that broke the camels back.  Mort has enough integrity to fulfill his original commitment and then not extend that commitment because he saw what was going on.  Mike Ashley, Dennis Wise, et al are rank amateurs.

Wouldn't have bothered 'Arry if we'd got our first choice manager.  ;D

:angry:

5.2 The Club admitted to the Tribunal that it repeatedly and intentionally misled the press, public and the fans of Newcastle United.

that quote should be put on a banner and held infront of Ashley's face where ever he goes

Guest Alan Shearer 9

Also raises the interesting possibility that KK could return again under a new owner, no?

omg yesyesyes vindicated yes

5.2 The Club admitted to the Tribunal that it repeatedly and intentionally misled the press, public and the fans of Newcastle United.

that quote should be put on a banner and held infront of Ashley's face where ever he goes

It's correctly spelt and gramatically correct too. Just wouldn't work.

Guest aoliversaknob

I dont mind Ashley to be fair he gives hope to millions of us that any mug can become a billionaire.

Whey Aye Chicken Pie!

Does this not happen quite often though, a player is bought or sold without the manager being 100% in favour? I would think it does.

I agree KK was right to be annoyed and object to it, but not whether it really amounts to constructive dismissal.

Gross assumption there and quite a big difference between not being 100% in favour and explicitly stating that he wanted nothing to do with the player and the club still insisting on signing him anyway. Yes, he could have just ignored the situation and ignored the player and carried on regardless but would Keegan have been acting in the club's and the fans best interests by accepting any player foisted on him, letting the owner's lie to the press and not saying a word? I for one think what he did was in the best interest of the fans as well as himself. Now we can all see that Keegan loved the club, didn't want to leave and got royally fucked over by those in charge. I really don't see any logic in the 'it happens elsewhere so he should have just got on with it'. It's like saying someone who works in finance and quits and goes to the authorities because his company has people insider trading should have just put their head down and got on with their job as it happens in plenty of places. Absolute bollocks, if you have principles you should stick to them and if they're honourable principles you should be applauded for doing so.

Thanks for the memories Mr Keegan, you didn't deserve any of this.

A massive banner and passed around the crowd tomorrow.

Whey Aye Chicken Pie!

are the germans, chileans, hungarians, and Smogs you were with hear anarl?

It's correctly spelt and gramatically correct too. Just wouldn't work.

i am sure we could chuck a few errors in for old times sake!

Interesting part from the pdf for those who say that the nacho transfer alone shouldn't have been enough for him to leave:

True it is that he was plainly unhappy with some aspects at the Club, in particular the

small size of the squad and the lack of signings which he believed were required to

bolster its size, both of which were making him frustrated, and true it is that he plainly

had a difficult relationship with Mr Wise and Mr Jimenez but we are satisfied that

what triggered his resignation was the Club’s signing of Gonzalez notwithstanding

Mr Keegan’s strong opposition to it. Both at the time and to us he described the

Gonzalez signing as the final straw and the evidence shows that the Club appreciated

that proceeding with it against this wishes might well lead to his resignation.

Does this not happen quite often though, a player is bought or sold without the manager being 100% in favour? I would think it does.

I agree KK was right to be annoyed and object to it, but not whether it really amounts to constructive dismissal.

Gross assumption there and quite a big difference between not being 100% in favour and explicitly stating that he wanted nothing to do with the player and the club still insisting on signing him anyway. Yes, he could have just ignored the situation and ignored the player and carried on regardless but would Keegan have been acting in the club's and the fans best interests by accepting any player foisted on him, letting the owner's lie to the press and not saying a word? I for one think what he did was in the best interest of the fans as well as himself. Now we can all see that Keegan loved the club, didn't want to leave and got royally f***ed over by those in charge. I really don't see any logic in the 'it happens elsewhere so he should have just got on with it'. It's like saying someone who works in finance and quits and goes to the authorities because his company has people insider trading should have just put their head down and got on with their job as it happens in plenty of places. Absolute bollocks, if you have principles you should stick to them and if they're honourable principles you should be applauded for doing so.

Thanks for the memories Mr Keegan, you didn't deserve any of this.

Nah, don't get me wrong, that's a good point. All I'm saying that these are legal arguments and court representations - not necessarily reflecting the many shades of grey in whether or not it was really the 'last straw'.

Totally agree the club are in the wrong here... it's a lot easier to accept that now we have some actual information about what happened.

So it turns out that he did try and get £25m...

If you are unfairly sacked from a job - which essentially is what happened to Keegan - would you not want compensation?

Not compensation to cover me until my 65th birthday I wouldn't...

Guest aoliversaknob

Whey Aye Chicken Pie!

are the germans, chileans, hungarians, and Smogs you were with hear anarl?

No mate just mesel... Im meant to be doing some work but struggling badly to leave the NOL site at the moment.

The league of nations are the smoggies work mates, wee work in the same building but in quite seperate areas I doubt very much they are on here!

If you are unfairly sacked from a job - which essentially is what happened to Keegan - would you not want compensation?

Not compensation to cover me until my 65th birthday I wouldn't...

Is SBR a money grabbing cunt for suing the club after he was sacked?

Guest guinness_fiend

I think that you'll find that this is what you call mitigating one's loss to ensure that an admission is taken account when finalising any financial penalities.

Guest aoliversaknob

Damn right......should take the fucker for as much as possible...... start high in a tribunral!