Keegan vs Ashley and Co case settled - KK awarded 2m

Taylor Swift

So it turns out that he did try and get £25m...

If you are unfairly sacked from a job - which essentially is what happened to Keegan - would you not want compensation?

Not compensation to cover me until my 65th birthday I wouldn't...

Is SBR a money grabbing cunt for suing the club after he was sacked?

I have no clue about the detail/figures behind said case so couldn't give you an answer to that.

Guest aoliversaknob

:angry:

5.2 The Club admitted to the Tribunal that it repeatedly and intentionally misled the press, public and the fans of Newcastle United.

I think that you'll find that this is what you call mitigating one's loss to ensure that an admission is taken account when finalising any financial penalities.

Top man

If you are unfairly sacked from a job - which essentially is what happened to Keegan - would you not want compensation?

Even if your employer slagged you off meaning no one else in the profession would be likely to want to employ you? Because that's the basis here.

Not taking sides as such btw (too lazy for that), just asking. :D

Even if your employer slagged you off meaning no one else in the profession would be likely to want to employ you? Because that's the basis here.

But I believe that argument is bullshit, as was concluded by the arbitration panel. Especially as he already had an agreed compensation amount in his contract.

looks like the club released the £25m snippet long after they knew they weren't going to pay that out and long after they knew they were going to lose. typical half-thought through mud slinging by a club that's been proven in court to deliberately mislead its fans.

you lot need to read keegans statement,

But I believe that argument is bullshit, as was concluded by the arbitration panel. Especially as he already had an agreed compensation amount in his contract.

Fair enough.  :thup: I haven't even read all the PDF yet like (or statement as cp40 says), really should be doing some work.  bluelaugh.gif

Is SBR a money grabbing cunt for suing the club after he was sacked?

As far as I remember he sued only for the amount he was owed from the remainder of his contract.  An amount he should have been given by defualt without even needing to go to court.

By the way how do we even know that Keegan tried to get £25m?  What's this thing that's been mentioned about him dropping any claim for damages as long as the truth came out?

Great news that this is finally sorted!

Can't understand why it has taken this long when there was a clause in his contract that clearly stated how much he was entitled to.

KK was in the right, but I still think that he could have stayed on, though can see why he wouldn't want to work for these cunts.

Hopefully they'll just fuck off now.

The Clurb admitted to the Triboonal that it repeetedly and intentionally misled the pres, pubic and the fans of Newcastle United.

That's more like it - now it's banner time!

At least this lot admitted it in court, they didn't need a sneaky fake sheikh to prise it out of them.

Things are slowly improving.  ;D

KK vindicated.

Was this ever in doubt?  i couldn't believe people were doubting the man and taking Ashley's side in this case.

theres a word for these people,.

knackers.

Well at least it's not £24 million that had been thrown around. Would still rather Keegan had left it alone given our situation, but it's over now hopefully we can move on past this and not have to worry about any more money being drained from the club.

KK vindicated.

Was this ever in doubt?  i couldn't believe people were doubting the man and taking Ashley's side in this case.

There was a third side, the club itself, which some people felt more important than either Keegan or Ashley. It's hard to understand I know, everything has to be black and white for some.

Guest icemanblue

KK vindicated.

theres a word for these people,.

knackers.

Haha, I'm one of them.

At least you're man enough to admit you were wrong.

KK vindicated.

There was a third side, the club itself, which some people felt more important than either Keegan or Ashley. It's hard to understand I know, everything has to be black and white for some.

oh hes found an escape route for the Ashley bummers ;D ;D

KK vindicated.

This.

Future of the Club >>>> Who was right or wrong in the Keegan/Ashley stuff

Guest aoliversaknob

Damn right......should take Newcastle United for as much as possible...... start high in a tribunral!

Fixed your post.

[/quote

Couldnt care less, NUFC will still be there, long after ashley of KK. What exactley should  keegan have done then?