2010 NBA Playoff/Free Agent Extravaganza

Segun Oluwaniyi

First Preseason game was last night, and I am excited for the season. Celtics, Lakers, and Cavaliers are obviously the favourites among the media. However, I do not know why everyone is writing off the Magic and Spurs. The Magic especially are ridiculously deep, imo. They've lost Turk and Courtney Lee (who I think is rubbish anyway), and they've brought in the likes of Ryan Anderson, Carter, Bass, White Chocolate, Matt Barnes. All very good players. I even like Redick and Gortat, they have the best 1-12 in the league and I think they will make the finals.....only to be beaten by the Lakers, who remain the premier team in the NBA.

The two surprise teams this year imo are the Raptors and the Grizzlies. Both will be in the playoffs imo, and Raptors can challenge a the big boys in the East. They remind me of the Magic last year, they have two 7 footers with 30 foot range (Bargnani and Turkoglu) and a dominant big man in Chris Bosh. Real dangerous team. I think Allen Iverson will be an insane, bitter machine this season. I wish the Knicks had acquired him, because I think he is going to have 1 or 2 more great seasons.

As for the Knicks.............2010 Free Agent Extravaganza!!!!!

Rockets window is shut. Blow up the team and start over.

Shut the fuck up! :lol:

I don't want to hear any of this. Yao will come back in April, we'll win 10 in a row to sneak into the playoffs and then proceed to sweep every fucker on the way to the title.

One more year of shit.

And when LeBron re-signs with Cleveland, it'll be 'ten more years of shit'.

For him. Cap space is cap space. He's not exactly shitting championships.

Rockets window is shut. Blow up the team and start over.

Shut the fuck up! :lol:

I don't want to hear any of this. Yao will come back in April, we'll win 10 in a row to sneak into the playoffs and then proceed to sweep every fucker on the way to the title.

:lol: Rockets have that Early 00's Sacramento Kings smell about them. They almost got there, but it's over. Yao is finished. He wasn't mobile when, as Baba put it, his feet worked. Now you've got a clumsy 7 + foot guy with bad feet.

You've got a good GM over there. He blows the team up, and you'll be back by 2013.

One more year of shit.

You say that now :lol:

The kid is 25, man. MJ won his 1st at 28. LeBron will start shitting championships soon.

One more year of s***.

Our best players are an undersized PF that is a decent rebounder and a 5'6" shooting guard. The only players signed long term are Jordan Hill, Toney Douglas, and Gallinari. Honestly, even when we sign Lebron and Bosh, we will be a bit rubbish.

Yeah, Lee and Robinson are both inked for one year deals after realizing that the rest of the league doesn't give a fuck about them.

We'll still be shit, but it will be high quality shit. We've been a double courtesy flush for almost a decade now.

One more year of shit.

You say that now :lol:

The kid is 25, man. MJ won his 1st at 28. LeBron will start shitting championships soon.

Not in Cleveland.

At least, I hope not in Cleveland.

Need it all to end in tears this season, maybe an awkward fist fight with Shaq, followed by another legendary freestyle.

Anyway, the baseball playoffs are starting. I don't have time for the NBA.

NBA preseason is shit, anyway.

Beat Anaheim and your input into the proceedings can end the way it should.

Scared to death of Detroit.

Miggy! I love watching him hit. You'll be fine. Teix is a monster. Wish we went that bit extra for him now that we know Ortiz can't shoot up anymore.

Thank fuck Lester pitched well this morning/last night. Our starters have suddenly been infected with shit-itis over the past week - Beckett, Lester, Buchholz. Only fucking Daisuke is pitching well and I know that now that I've said that, he'll stink up the joint tonight.

Miggy! I love watching him hit. You'll be fine. Teix is a monster. Wish we went that bit extra for him now that we know Ortiz can't shoot up anymore.

Thank fuck Lester pitched well this morning/last night. Our starters have suddenly been infected with shit-itis over the past week - Beckett, Lester, Buchholz. Only fucking Daisuke is pitching well and I know that now that I've said that, he'll stink up the joint tonight.

:lol: Who is this reasonable person posting with Apisith's account?! Dave needs to check the IP.

Man, if we're being honest. I can't see us doing it. Something is going to go wrong. Joba has been shit for half the season now, AJ has these occasional games where he pitches wearing a Kevin Brown mask, and I'm terrified of the hitting falling back into that bullshit Joe Torre "Swing for the fences while I pick my nose" mode.

I certainly don't feel the way I did during the dynasty, that's for damn sure.

:lol:

It's still me, don't worry. I just have to be all humble and shit because the victory will taste much sweeter if it's unexpected. If I talk trash then I know how things will end up.

Your pitching staff is weak. Seriously weak. How can you trust Burnett? You can't trust Pettitte or Joba the cunt either. Your main man is Sabathia but you've got fuck all to line up after him. That's why I'm still relatively confident about our chances. But your offense is good, so you should be fine.

I hope A-rod hits below the Mendoza line for the playoffs :snod: That would be hilarious.

Dwyane Wade future brother in law is playing for the Newcastle Eagles, they were also teamates at Marquette University

Joe Chapman

http://www.newcastle-eagles.com/Players.asp?Pid=176

Interesting stuff. I always find it interesting to see what happens to the ones that don't make the NBA. It seems like they will go and play in any country in the world. Basketball is truly a global game now.

My personal favorite NBA story of the summer:

UPPER MARLBORO, Md. -- Cleveland Cavaliers guard Delonte West was arrested Thursday after officers pulled him over for speeding on a motorcycle while carrying two loaded handguns and a loaded shotgun in a guitar case.

Prince George's County police spokeswoman Sgt. Michelle Reedy said Friday the Cleveland Cavaliers player was arrested about 10 p.m. Thursday.

Reedy said West was riding a Can-Am Spyder motorcycle north on the Capital Beltway in Upper Marlboro when he cut off an officer, who pulled him over.

Police said a handgun was found in his pocket, another in his pant leg and a shotgun in a guitar case strapped to his back.

Reedy said West "was very cooperative, there were no issues" during the incident.

The 26-year-old West, who lives in Brandywine, was charged with speeding and weapons counts. It is illegal to carry concealed weapons and to transport loaded guns in Maryland, according to police. Reedy said West was released on his own recognizance early Friday.

Cavaliers general manager Danny Ferry said the team was monitoring the situation.

"We have been in communication with Delonte and his family," Ferry said in a statement. "We are gathering more information and will not have further comment until the appropriate time."

Online court records did not list an attorney for West.

Last year, West left the Cavaliers' training camp to seek treatment for depression and a "mood disorder" he said he has battled his entire life. At the time, he said he was taking medication and attending therapy sessions. West said his mood problems date to his childhood.

West has said his mood swings seem to be most erratic when his life seems to be in order.

Cpl. Clinton Copeland, a Prince George's County police spokesman, said West was carrying a Beretta 9mm handgun, a Ruger .357 magnum handgun, and a Remington 870 shotgun. Copeland said the penalties West could face if convicted had not been determined.

---------

There are some seriously insane people in the NBA these days.