Can we?

Dave

http://www.nust.org.uk/the-trust-is-backing-the-yes-we-can-campaign

YES WE CAN!

Saturday, 03 October 2009

By Newcastle United Supporters Trust

BREAKING NEWS/ NEWSFLASH – Its time to step up to the plate – The Trust is backing the Yes we can’ campaign and you can read about it in the Evening Chronicle who have broke the scoop.

We’re officially launching the Trust on Wednesday 7th October at Newcastle Civic Centre and more details and partners will emerge but John Gibson, a great Trust supporter wrote a series of superb and accurate stories culminating with our front page splash.

Now is the time for fans and businesses to back the “Yes we can” bandwagon.

Derek Llambias, asked by BBC Radio Newcastle if the fans could buy a stake in the club answered “No” – we say “Yes we can!”

Derek has set the bar, we’re accepting the challenge and the scheme to buy the club has already raised over £20m in pledges.

That is real money that is pledged to be invested in our club, not by fake sheiks, billionaires with billionaire ego’s, imaginary consortiums etc.

This is by real people like you and me.

Watch out for more information after the launch, but as always our website has the news that really matters. Watch this space.

:dontknow:

Be interesting to see if Moat engages them properly (should his takeover actually go through). I'm still in two minds as to whether fan representation at board level is a good thing or not.

Guest beardieman

Just what are NUSC's wanabe board member/chairman doing with the members money?

The meetings I've been to fill me with dread at the prospect od these people ever getting a foothold in the club

Better than a kick in the arse. On paper it may be no more than a fantasy but the likes of Man United and Liverpool have the very same groups with the very same aims so why not?

I think every club should have fan representation on the board, regardless of how well or awful things are going. We're the only people who can hold the money men to account nowadays. Romantic? Yes, it is. Realistic? Yes. It'll happen sooner rather than later, especially if people like MA keep up their 'commercial deals' and other such shite.

The meetings I've been to fill me with dread at the prospect od these people ever getting a foothold in the club

Giving them an extra year free of charge, unless i've been singled out for special treatment by NUST.

As i've said time and time before NUST is what you make of it. It's a trust and fans are free to join and make what they want of it. I'm in the "Ashley is a cunt, Keegan is nice, fans couldn't afford to take over the club and run it outright" camp, which patently isn't in line with the above. I don't agree with everything said but their heart is in the right place and that's the main thing at the minute.

Having a united fan front is important and pissy little twats getting their gussets in a twist and throwing a cyber-hissy because they don't like the look of the fat lad in the corner at the Irish club who suggests jihad is counterproductive.

Obviously, I would never say you were that type but you do come across as an ill educated tosser who has made a snap decision based on the fact they've heard things they don't instantly agree with.

Better than a kick in the arse. On paper it may be no more than a fantasy but the likes of Man United and Liverpool have the very same groups with the very same aims so why not?

I think every club should have fan representation on the board, regardless of how well or awful things are going. We're the only people who can hold the money men to account nowadays. Romantic? Yes, it is. Realistic? Yes. It'll happen sooner rather than later, especially if people like MA keep up their 'commercial deals' and other such shite.

Giving them an extra year free of charge, unless i've been singled out for special treatment by NUST.

As i've said time and time before NUST is what you make of it. It's a trust and fans are free to join and make what they want of it. I'm in the "Ashley is a cunt, Keegan is nice, fans couldn't afford to take over the club and run it outright" camp, which patently isn't in line with the above. I don't agree with everything said but their heart is in the right place and that's the main thing at the minute.

Having a united fan front is important and pissy little twats getting their gussets in a twist and throwing a cyber-hissy because they don't like the look of the fat lad in the corner at the Irish club who suggests jihad is counterproductive.

Obviously, I would never say you were that type but you do come across as an ill educated tosser who has made a snap decision based on the fact they've heard things they don't instantly agree with.

This is exactly the kind of level-headed rational attitude we need in the boardroom. Well said that man, well said.  :clap:

For some reason I don't know, I almost dislike the NUSC as much as I dislike Ashley.

:laugh2:

Pretty much every comment by them I've seen (or been told about) have been some romantic bullshit who have no foothold in what could happen in reality.

Sit at the game and listen to some of the comments around you, then ask yourself if you wan fan representation at board level. I'd rather have a Shepherd-Ashley partnership :lol: