Not Worthy Of A Thread

Thespence

For those that like long-form football writing and quality in-depth stories, you might want to check this out.  It's called The Blizzard, organized by (sadly, mackem supporter) Jonathan Wilson, but featuring quality writing from writers from all over the world.  It's available as a 188 page PDF for which you pay as much or as little as you feel you should.  They're testing the concept for this first issue, but I think it's set to be quarterly if all goes well. 

http://www.theblizzard.co.uk/

It really is well worth a little cash.  I've quite enjoyed the pieces I've read so far, a nice alternative to the day to day tabloid nonsense and standard paper fare.   

For those that like long-form football writing and quality in-depth stories, you might want to check this out.  It's called The Blizzard, organized by (sadly, mackem supporter) Jonathan Wilson, but featuring quality writing from writers from all over the world.  It's available as a 188 page PDF for which you pay as much or as little as you feel you should.  They're testing the concept for this first issue, but I think it's set to be quarterly if all goes well. 

It really is well worth a little cash.  I've quite enjoyed the pieces I've read so far, a nice alternative to the day to day tabloid nonsense and standard paper fare.   

Cheers for that, sounds right up my street so I'll give it a go.

Well it's took my money but is not letting me download it, great stuff.  :harry:

I had to click the "Return to A19" link, but after that, I was good to go.

PM me if you still struggle, I might be able to help further...

Guest Chubby Jason

I just caught the tail-end of Wade Barrett giving a team talk to Preston North End on North West Tonight. Great stuff.

Village team punished for Messi bid

The president of a French village team has been suspended by the French Football Federation (FFF) after he launched a transfer bid for Barcelona superstar Lionel Messi.

Cedric Enjolras, president of FC Borne, has been hit with a six-month ban, three of which are suspended, after he attempted to lodge the joke bid with the Catalan giants.

Borne, a village of 400 people, play in the second division of the Haute-Loire league and their transfer offer was blocked by the player registration office of the FFF.

"To submit bids among small clubs, you need to fill out forms on the internet," Enjolras is reported as saying by the Guardian. "I decided to register a bid so I typed the name Lionel Messi, his date of birth and his parent club into the system. Then the league transmitted the request to the federation.

"They were shocked by it and refused to send it to their Spanish counterparts. I have been suspended for six months, of which three are suspended. It was just a joke, to amuse friends."

The FFF failed to see the funny side of the audacious bid and described the club's behaviour as unacceptable.

"One cannot accept such behaviour," said Yves Begon of the player registration office. "It is perhaps a joke but we are here to judge the facts."

http://www.espn.co.uk/football/sport/story/78723.html?CMP=chrome

FM-esque :lol:

Village team punished for Messi bid

The president of a French village team has been suspended by the French Football Federation (FFF) after he launched a transfer bid for Barcelona superstar Lionel Messi.

Cedric Enjolras, president of FC Borne, has been hit with a six-month ban, three of which are suspended, after he attempted to lodge the joke bid with the Catalan giants.

Borne, a village of 400 people, play in the second division of the Haute-Loire league and their transfer offer was blocked by the player registration office of the FFF.

"To submit bids among small clubs, you need to fill out forms on the internet," Enjolras is reported as saying by the Guardian. "I decided to register a bid so I typed the name Lionel Messi, his date of birth and his parent club into the system. Then the league transmitted the request to the federation.

"They were shocked by it and refused to send it to their Spanish counterparts. I have been suspended for six months, of which three are suspended. It was just a joke, to amuse friends."

The FFF failed to see the funny side of the audacious bid and described the club's behaviour as unacceptable.

"One cannot accept such behaviour," said Yves Begon of the player registration office. "It is perhaps a joke but we are here to judge the facts."

http://www.espn.co.uk/football/sport/story/78723.html?CMP=chrome

FM-esque :lol:

Guess they missed the Zoggy bid.

Guest Heneage

I've actually applied to write for them.

Bad times at boro

http://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/sport/8903228.In_The_Red__The_fraught_financial_reality_of_life_at_Middlesbrough/

No matter what happens in the remaining 11 matches of the season, things on Teesside are about to get a whole lot worse.

Let's start with some figures, and I'll warn you now that they're much more alarming than the six-point gap that separates Middlesbrough from 22nd-placed Scunthorpe United.

I've actually applied to write for them.

Good luck to you - what kind of article do you have in mind?

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

What's with DJ Campbell's Hitler tasche?

Anyway, Stuart Holden's Wiki:

Before his professional sports career Holden played competitive Counter-Strike and went by the alias Holden and most famously played for Forsaken in the United States. During his time with the team he helped them to a second place at the WCG 2002 qualifier and 8th place at CPL Summer 2003. His CS career took a back seat as he began to play soccer seriously for Clemson University and this eventually led into his MLS career.