Nottm Forest v Newcastle United, 17:20 Saturday 17 October 2009 pre match thread

Astroblack

Quite interesting that people are suggesting Carroll and Harewood up front. I thought Lovenkrands looked dangerous against Bristol City and it would be harsh to drop him.

Carroll was only rested against Bristol City, it would be harsh to drop him as well.

Quite interesting that people are suggesting Carroll and Harewood up front. I thought Lovenkrands looked dangerous against Bristol City and it would be harsh to drop him.

Carroll was only rested against Bristol City, it would be harsh to drop him as well.

Simple then, drop Harewood. O0

We have, have, have to win this, were going down and my lass and her family are all Forest supporters !

Aye I'm stopping over with Forest supporting family, so really don't want to be on the losing side.  :no: Just in case though, I've already formulated plan B which will be to get very drunk and puke all over their carpet.

Lovenkrands was completely ineffective against Bristol City.

Agreed, apart from setting up Harewood to hit the post and two half chances that he wasted, he served up bugger all.

Disagree. He made some good runs but didn't get the service. Most of the time he had the ball, he looked like he would make something happen and created one of the best chances of the match.

i thought he was nowhere to be seen, especially in the first half.

He is sh**e to be fair. His channels of running are wrong he cannot finish for sh** he is very inefective as a striker, don't get me started as a winger! And rememebr he wasn't even commited when we went down, he was looking for other teams, when they realised he was pi** poor they didn't sign him...

considering Harewood is a much better player and Carroll suits his style of play better than other strikers, the attack picks itself. I can see Hughton fucking it up again though.

He is sh**e to be fair. His channels of running are wrong he cannot finish for sh** he is very inefective as a striker, don't get me started as a winger! And rememebr he wasn't even commited when we went down, he was looking for other teams, when they realised he was pi** poor they didn't sign him...

stupid post tbh

he's a good finisher and a pretty decent striker because of that and his acceleration. He has nowt else going for him though and should never be played on the wing ever again.

stupid post tbh

he's a good finisher and a pretty decent striker because of that and his acceleration. He has nowt else going for him though and should never be played on the wing ever again.

It is nice see you give us advance warning on what your gonna post now.

Do you think the invisible man set Harewood up for that chance in the first half like?

Guest toonlass

Do you think the invisible man set Harewood up for that chance in the first half like?

:laugh:

We have, have, have to win this, were going down and my lass and her family are all Forest supporters !

Aye I'm stopping over with Forest supporting family, so really don't want to be on the losing side.  :no: Just in case though, I've already formulated plan B which will be to get very drunk and puke all over their carpet.

If we get close to losing im on that pitch, worked in the 70's it will work now ! :-)

Nolan could start in goal and I'd tip him to score ahead of Smith.

This is the dilemma for me. Players like Nolan are coming up with goals, sometimes against the run of play, yet it's their utter lack of running and ability on the ball which means we often are out-played by 2nd rate football teams. Smith hasn't score any but he's still been MOM far more times than Nolan which tells it's own story.