Carling Cup draw

stozo

At least two of the big boys will get to the semi's and from there will play their first teams. Our chances are extremely slim with this, so in our best interests, its good if we draw one of the big teams, get knocked out, but put in a good performance to boost morale.

That way we have less distractions for the Premiership, and weve probably got more chance of winning the UEFA.

At least two of the big boys will get to the semi's and from there will play their first teams. Our chances are extremely slim with this, so in our best interests, its good if we draw one of the big teams, get knocked out, but put in a good performance to boost morale.

That way we have less distractions for the Premiership, and weve probably got more chance of winning the UEFA.

totally agree, im after arsenal away

For me, the ideal draw would be:

Arsenal vs Chelsea

Tottenham vs Liverpool

Southend vs Charlton

Wycombe vs Newcastle

I think Chelsea and Liverpool need to be knocked out in the quarters, as in the semis they are likely to become up for the cup, whereas a tricky away tie for both may see them off.

For me, the ideal draw would be:

Arsenal vs Chelsea

Tottenham vs Liverpool

Southend vs Charlton

Wycombe vs Newcastle

I think Chelsea and Liverpool need to be knocked out in the quarters, as in the semis they are likely to become up for the cup, whereas a tricky away tie for both may see them off.

You wouldn't prefer to be at home?  :confused:

I dunno... Tottenham at home wouldn't be too bad. Definitely winnable and it knocks out the one team with an outside chance. Therefore leaving us.

And it depends entirely on what team Arsenal would play, but at home to their reserves would be a decent draw aswell.

Wouldn't say no to Wycombe, mind.

NEWCASTLE United have been drawn against Chelsea at home in the quarter finals of the Carling Cup.

The game is due to take place week commencing December 18.

The others games see Spurs take on Southend, Liverpool at home to Arsenal and Charlton against Wycombe.