Sky Player (360)

Decky

• 4 weeks later...

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/pricing-announced-for-sky-on-xbox-360

Microsoft has revealed how much you can expect to access the Sky Player via your Xbox 360 in the UK.

First off you'll need an Xbox Live Gold membership. Then it's £15 per month for the basic Entertainment Pack, which includes G.O.L.D., Sky Real Lives, Sky Arts 1, Sky News and MTV One.

You also get National Geographic, Nat Geo Wild, History and Eden, while for sports fans there's Sky Sports News, British Eurosport and ESPN Classic. Kids get Cartoon Network, Boomerang, Nickelodeon, Disney Channel and Nick Jr.

You can get more channels if you front up more cash each month, as follows. (All packages include the Entertainment Pack as standard.)

* £25 - Sky Sports 1 OR Sky Sports 2 + Sky Sports Xtra

* £34 - Sky Sports 1, 2, 3 + Sky Sports Xtra

* £24 - Sky Movies Screen 1 OR Screen 2

* £32 - Sky Movies Screen 1 + Screen 2

* £33 - One movie channel + one sports channel + Sky Sports Xtra

* £38 - One movie channel + all sports channels, OR vice versa, + Sky Sports Xtra

* £41 - All sports and movie channels

* From £9 per month extra - ESPN

You can also access further movies and TV show episodes via Sky's on-demand service. Some of these will be free while others will be paid for, with prices starting at £1 for a single TV show.

If you've already got Sky, you can access on-demand content for the channels you already pay for. If you've got Sky Multiroom or Sky Broadband Unlimited, you can get live channels too.

To celebrate the launch Microsoft is releasing a special bundle pack for £29.99. That gets you a three-month Gold subscription, a one month Sky Player subscription (Sky Sports Pack) and a Media Remote.

A bit pricey... :undecided:

I have Sky already, so OD will have to do...

:lol: God damn that's a lot of money. What if you already pay for/have Sky? Can't you just use your account on the box?

If you've already got Sky, you can access on-demand content for the channels you already pay for. If you've got Sky Multiroom or Sky Broadband Unlimited, you can get live channels too.

Guest Heneage

:lol: God damn that's a lot of money. What if you already pay for/have Sky? Can't you just use your account on the box?

Any word on how quick content will be available?

hmm so i have all the normal channels (no premium sport or movies) and sky broadband MAX....

so i assume i'll be able to watch all channels available that are on my usual sky sub?? if this is true, thats rather excellent. even if its just a handfull of channels thats still good. i refuse to pay multiroom sub when im already paying for sky.

my intenret connects somewhere between 10 and 15mbps so that should be ok for watching sky??

seems like a good enough reason to renew xbl :frantic:

Too pricy imo. Best thing I ever done was to get a eurovox for my room. Get the use of all the on demand stuff downstairs on the virgin box and every channel for nowt in my bedroom.

whats the price difference between this and just getting the normal sky box?

A lot more in-demand content on this, a lot fewer live channels.

But really, there isn't much of a difference, but if you've already got Sky, it's just an extra box for free.

Too pricy imo. Best thing I ever done was to get a eurovox for my room. Get the use of all the on demand stuff downstairs on the virgin box and every channel for nowt in my bedroom.

What is this eurovox?

What is this eurovox?

A dodgy box basically, I've got the starview version. Thing is, most providers are changing the way they send out the signal within the next 6 month so you're best of waiting until then before you buy one.

So let me get this right.

This enables you to live stream SKY through your 360, but you have to pay £15per month for it, even if you have SKY in your main entertainment room?