Lisbon Treaty

Decky

Guest Heneage

do your own f***ing homework

eh?

:lol:

It sounded like you were struggling on an essay question the way you wrote the thread topic.

do your own fucking homework

eh?

assumed it was some dusty heap of shit you wanted information on, i'm not into current affairs.

Nah I know what it is, just wondering what people on here think about it.

Guest Heneage

I don't see why we should not be part of it and  get the Euro in etc, it's just daft now, and makes us look horrendously old fashioned.

I don't really have a problem with it in princpal, but i do have a problem with the fact that we never had a choice (due to Labours shoddy politics), also the fact the Ireland have already rejected it.

Yet another nail in the coffin for democracy tbf. :facepalm:

I don't really have a problem with it in princpal, but i do have a problem with the fact that we never had a choice (due to Labours shoddy politics), also the fact the Ireland have already rejected it.

Yet another nail in the coffin for democracy tbf. :facepalm:

That is one of the main problems I have with it. The referendum already happened in Ireland and it was rejected. The recent referendum has made a complete mockery of it.

I don't really understand what it is all about tbh.

Basically its the begining of a European Union without the people voting for it.

The last treaty was voted out by a number of nations so the sneaky politicians just renamed it and said we dont need to vote.

Bascially Blefuscu, you are now a european citizen.

Guest toonlass

Basically its the begining of a European Union without the people voting for it.

The last treaty was voted out by a number of nations so the sneaky politicians just renamed it and said we dont need to vote.

Oh ok. As long as I don't have to speak french I suppose I am alreet.

It'd be awesome if they went to a decider now that we've had one yes vote and one no. :lol:

Some of the street posters these last few months have been ace.

Personal favourite was one where it had a young girl, about 6 years old or so, looking really concerned. In the background there was a sun setting amongst some dark clouds, and the poster simply read "Lisbon?"

Aye, we are all Irish Europeans, English Europeans etc.

Bit like the Americans.

It'd be awesome if they went to a decider now that we've had one yes vote and one no. :lol:

Some of the street posters these last few months have been ace.

Personal favourite was one where it had a young girl, about 6 years old or so, looking really concerned. In the background there was a sun setting amongst some dark clouds, and the poster simply read "Lisbon?"

Some of the best ones are the Republican Sinn Fein ones.

It's one of those situations where we'd end up voting against our best interests purely because of media hysteria and/or fear of change.

No fucker knows what it's about but they're sure they don't want it.

Oh ok. As long as I don't have to speak french I suppose I am alreet.

You will if they make it law.