I F**king Hate Computers!!

Espio

Well, I finally took the dive and installed Windows 7.

I made a backup folder, transferred everything I wanted to keep into this folder ready to stick it on External HD.

So Whack the windows 7 disk in, formatted, installed. Everything went as planned,

Went into the portable HD ready to transfer everything back to PC... and FUCK I didn't transfer the bastard folder onto the HD, and instead left it on my desktop.

I've since left the computer running with a data recovery software searching for the past THREE FUCKING DAYS. First attempt... Started fine, set it to do a complete partition search, 31 hours, 10 minutes and 47 seconds later, The fucker crashes  :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant:

So I've had it going since thursday evening now, and it's finally finished searching, found everything I need, but it's taken the past 4 hours manually picking the right folders I need to recover.

My god I fucking hate computers  :facepalm:

Feel better now lol.

"I made a backup folder, transferred everything I wanted to keep into this folder ready to stick it on External HD."

"So Whack the windows 7 disk in, formatted, installed. Everything went as planned,"

What time frame was between these 2 acts ?

Turning it off?

Yes pretty fucked up mistake, Stupid one at that, first time in 11 years of PC's I've done it  :facepalm: Still hate the fuckers though. Luckily I've managed to do a full data recovery and everythings well on the way to being restored so not as bad as first though, but still.

Can happen to the best of us. Had a lad at uni last year (got a 1st) who spent 4 hours near crying as his USB drive was broken and it was the only place he had this weeks worth of work on which was about 30 hours of final year projects...

Turns out he'd put his USB stick in the switched off computer next to him and not the one he was working on.

Quite funny and ripped forever coz of it.  :laugh:

And were on a degree in Applied Computing  :doh:

Can happen to the best of us. Had a lad at uni last year (got a 1st) who spent 4 hours near crying as his USB drive was broken and it was the only place he had this weeks worth of work on which was about 30 hours of final year projects...

Turns out he'd put his USB stick in the switched off computer next to him and not the one he was working on.

Quite funny and ripped forever coz of it.  :laugh:

And were on a degree in Applied Computing  :doh:

:lol: