Newcastle United Supporters Trust (NUST)

Alby

Newcastle United Supporters Trust (NUST)   

186 members have voted

1. 1. Have you / do you intend to pledge to the 1892 Pledge scheme orchestrated by the NUST?

• Yes
    • No

Another strange decision. You can only have access to the discussion with Staveley if you sign up as a member.

Just tell people what's been said and let them decide if it's something they then want to be involved with.

We are a member led organisation and it costs £2 to join - of course members that actually contribute to NUST deserve to get the update first for crying out loud.

Updates will be put on website later for everyone else - and Chron already covering it.

Another strange decision. You can only have access to the discussion with Staveley if you sign up as a member.

Just tell people what's been said and let them decide if it's something they then want to be involved with.

I’ll give you the £1 to join if that’s the problem.

I was happy to outline the reasons yesterday on this very thread why I've not rejoined the trust. Idiot.

I was going to join if the takeover went through however feel it’s pointless really making an effort in the club without it.

Good luck to all those who have or are trying though I hope something comes from it.

I was happy to outline the reasons yesterday on this very thread why I've not rejoined the trust. Idiot.

Feel free to. No one is going to charge you for doing so. Though server donations always welcome.

Feel free to. No one is going to charge you for doing so. Though server donations always welcome.

Eh? I did!  :lol:

We are a member led organisation and it costs £2 to join - of course members that actually contribute to NUST deserve to get the update first for crying out loud.

Updates will be put on website later for everyone else - and Chron already covering it.

It was a piece of constructive criticism Greg, complete with an alternative suggestion. You don't need to be "crying out loud" about it. Unless that's not allowed either.  :-X

Eh? I did!  :lol:

So no different then :lol:

Guest ClintonBaptiste

As a ' members led ' organisation what was your response previously to members asking that you lead a boycott / demonstrations ?

I’ve had massive reservations about the NUST in the past which has prevented me from signing up.

The last year or so though they have stepped up, with Greg[/member] doing lots of work. Tonight I have signed up. I went for a walk earlier and I found myself powerless and without hope in relation to the takeover. Last week I took it upon myself to message Staveley to say thank you for her support in us. Ultimately though we have to take the fight to the Premier League. I have therefor signed up.

As a ' members led ' organisation what was your response previously to members asking that you lead a boycott / demonstrations ?

Exactly as we said at the time.

It was a piece of constructive criticism Greg, complete with an alternative suggestion. You don't need to be "crying out loud" about it. Unless that's not allowed either.  :-X

It wasn't really constructive at all - it came across as self centred, there is a thurst for knowledge from a lot of people that don't support the Trust to know everything and demand ridiculous things and just rant anonymously on the internet.

We always tell members important info first and then follow up more widely afterwards. - that is only right- the contriubue to the Trust, the support it, they are why we exist.

Greg, these are my ideas:

1. Ask the CMA to investigate anti-competitive behaviour by the PL and member clubs in colluding to prevent the takeover.

2. Create a stock email that members from throughout the UK can send to their MPs asking them to support Chi’s correspondence with Masters and to support an investigation into the PL by the CMA

3. Actively engage Alok Sharma, Ed Milliband and Lucy Powell to persuade them to push the CMA to investigate the PL. be sure to point out that this issue creates a precedent which has ramifications for 90 other clubs, not just our own

4. Through the FSA engage with other supporter groups. Remind them of times that NUFC fans have helped out their clubs and then ask club groups to engage their own clubs to tell them that interfering in another club’s takeover is not cool.

5. Ask the PL whether they have investigated the information provided to them by C4 about Everton not disclosing Usmanov’s involvement in their takeover. Or any other similar post takeover O&D infringements.

6. Engage with the Chronicle to run some highly negative stories on the PL on their front page.

7. Draw up a long list of ex-players in terms of their national stature and invite them to become involved in NUST and get involved in the critique of the PL.

8. Need some sort of responsible protest. A front door boo for the PL throughout Newcastle maybe? Another one would be a citywide boycott of PL sponsors coupled with online disruption of sponsor social media activities.

9. Accept that moving forward it is going to be hard to run protests and constructively engage with PL and NUFC. Choose which you want to be and open the door for a non-affiliated group to take the other role.

Just insane.

I really thought the deal collapsing would break some of you from your stupors but no - you've all just leaned into it. Genuinely embarrassed to be a Newcastle fan. Fucking hell.

It wasn't really constructive at all - it came across as self centred, there is a thurst for knowledge from a lot of people that don't support the Trust to know everything and demand ridiculous things and just rant anonymously on the internet.

We always tell members important info first and then follow up more widely afterwards. - that is only right- the contriubue to the Trust, the support it, they are why we exist.

I told you what I thought was wrong and why, then offered what I believe was a reasonable alternative. That's constructive criticism. Clearly what you won't have is any form of criticism at all, constructive or not. Not sure that asking that you let potential members know what Staveley had to say is a "demand for ridiculous things" either. If the chronicle were carrying it within minutes you'd have been just as well letting people know yourselves and trying to attract members that way.

I thought the email the Trust sent out was excellent.

This could be the catalyst to unite the whole fan base for the first time ever and yet people still moan. Howay man lads, let’s get behind them ffs.

Guest ClintonBaptiste

Exactly as we said at the time.

Which was what ? Remind me

I told you what I thought was wrong and why, then offered what I believe was a reasonable alternative. That's constructive criticism. Clearly what you won't have is any form of criticism at all, constructive or not. Not sure that asking that you let potential members know what Staveley had to say is a "demand for ridiculous things" either. If the chronicle were carrying it within minutes you'd have been just as well letting people know yourselves and trying to attract members that way.

And we did - after we emailed members it was put on the website. You've sniped and sniped and sniped and so got the answer you deserve.

Just read back so some of this thread - if anyone wants to discuss the pros and cons of the Trust then I am happy to do so when I can if it's in a sensible and constructive manner.

Just like yesterday when you were sniping again - because you wanted information - you refused to understand or comprehend the explanation given, the same here with you not being able to comprehend or understand why members that support and contribute to the trust should get information and updates from the trust first with it following more widely shortly after that.