Newcastle United Supporters Trust (NUST)

Alby

Newcastle United Supporters Trust (NUST)   

186 members have voted

1. 1. Have you / do you intend to pledge to the 1892 Pledge scheme orchestrated by the NUST?

• Yes
    • No

EncWLIPXYAUgCLt?format=jpg&name=small

EncWLITXEAA4Igg?format=jpg&name=small

EncWTvQXEAE5Vl8?format=jpg&name=small

EncWV8xW8AMZzO6?format=jpg&name=small

EncWYdQXYAAGkIi?format=jpg&name=small

EncWc0sXEAUy0ws?format=jpg&name=small

EncWfDoWEAAJmIh?format=jpg&name=small

These results are not surprising but it is a stark reminder of where Newcastle United currently sit and the relationship the club has with its supporters which needs to improve dramatically.

We now seemingly have everyone united in that desire for the prospective takeover to go ahead with only the Premier League standing in the way. While the noise around the prospective takeover continues, we will continue to do what we can through the channels that are open to us, to put pressure on the Premier League and call for transparency.

It is also absolutely vital that Newcastle United does not fall asleep at the wheel again, which could potentially result in another harmful relegation. We've been told that the club has learned its lessons from previous similar situations but actions will speak louder than words in that regard and it is clear the club is treading water and not making progress.

Members seem universally then. What next steps were offered for options of what members want the a trust to do about making those unanimous voices heard?

Eh?

He's asking what will the trust do with the responses received from its members.

Good stuff Greg, and well done on your appointment but I fear it will all be swept under the carpet.

My biggest concern right now is Steve Bruce and the worry he could break any progress that may or may not be made towards a beneficial takeover for all parties.

I don’t think I’m alone in that view so how does that voice get heard if we can’t go to stadiums and the media won’t listen?

If it was down to me I’d probably organise a virtual town hall on the subject with a handful of press invited to attend and observe, try to get the message out there that the fan base is very worried.

• 2 weeks later...

Absolute disgrace I wouldn’t put it past this regime hawking them to corporate scousers. At anytime this is unacceptable and makes us look small time, but when capacity is limited to 2 thousand ? If any of them tickets end up in the hands of Liverpool fans when our lot can’t get in it’ll be a f***ing outrage.

Absolute disgrace I wouldn’t put it past this regime hawking them to corporate scousers. At anytime this is unacceptable and makes us look small time, but when capacity is limited to 2 thousand ? If any of them tickets end up in the hands of Liverpool fans when our lot can’t get in it’ll be a f***ing outrage.

Of course they'll be hawking them off to the Scousers. They did that when we played them a couple of seasons ago despite 1000s of NUFC fans not even being offered the chance to buy a ticket. The crowd will probably be 50/50 that day. Thankfully I'll be nowhere near the place.

It's not really a disgrace like is it?

Have they (The Trust) bothered to do anything useful with their survey results yet? Follow up action planned?

It absolutely is a disgrace if any season ticket holder can’t attend a game because some corporate scousers with plenty of cash are allowed in ahead of them. Whilst it’s a 2 thousand limit every season ticket holder where possible should be given 1st choice on these tickets.

Of course they'll be hawking them off to the Scousers. They did that when we played them a couple of seasons ago despite 1000s of NUFC fans not even being offered the chance to buy a ticket. The crowd will probably be 50/50 that day. Thankfully I'll be nowhere near the place.

Agree completely another reason why this regime is rotten to the core, they’d happily sell out their own supporters for a few extra quid.

Agree completely another reason why this regime is rotten to the core, they’d happily sell out their own supporters for a few extra quid.

Aye done it before whilst being the ultimate hypocrites and threatening supporters with bans if they sold their own seats to Liverpool fans.

It's not really a disgrace like is it?

Have they (The Trust) bothered to do anything useful with their survey results yet? Follow up action planned?

What action do you propose?

We've shared with the club, and obviously ramped up the pressure via media. But other than letting the club know what the fans think there is not a great deal more the Trust can do but represent the views of fans directly with the club and by getting message out in media.

They've taken these down now and said it was a "mistake".

I understand a % of the tickets available will go to hospitality but should go to existing hospitality holders not general sale, should be a small percentage but they absolutely should not be selling them like this, and certainly not before they have even engaged on their plans for the return of fans let alone before they have communicated it.

They've taken these down now and said it was a "mistake".

I understand a % of the tickets available will go to hospitality but should go to existing hospitality holders not general sale, should be a small percentage but they absolutely should not be selling them like this, and certainly not before they have even engaged on their plans for the return of fans let alone before they have communicated it.

Mistake my arse, but fair play for bringing this to people’s attention. Looks like you’ve had a result in getting them to take it down.

Selling corporate tickets to visiting fans, or even giving them the chance to buy them would have been the ultimate insult to our fan base.

A mistake eh? Interesting to see how long it'll take them to refund the money that people (probably mostly Liverpool fans tbf) have forked out for these hospitality tickets baring in mind they haven't even refunded season ticket holders yet. Just a disgusting club really.