Newcastle United Supporters Trust (NUST)

Alby

Newcastle United Supporters Trust (NUST)   

186 members have voted

1. 1. Have you / do you intend to pledge to the 1892 Pledge scheme orchestrated by the NUST?

• Yes
    • No

Decent idea, but the "If it doesn't work, we'll give all your money to charity" bit doesn't sit right with me.

Plus that needs a timescale, or at least clear and transparent conditions attached to it. Way too nebulous.

They can't win, like. People will slate them regardless of whatever ideas they come up with. 

I'm all for it. Donate what you can afford, and worst case scenario it's going to a local charity. Does it really matter if that ends up being in a year's time? Best case scenario, the Trust ends up owning a proportion of the club, and its members have an actual say for once in the running of NUFC. For a quid

Just now, Chris_R said:

Decent idea, but the "If it doesn't work, we'll give all your money to charity" bit doesn't sit right with me.

Plus that needs a timescale, or at least clear and transparent conditions attached to it. Way too nebulous.

There's pretty clear process attached to it - and any decisions go to vote of Members. 

6 minutes ago, 54 said:

Well thats just absolute horseshite :lol:

It really isnt. This lot at NUST seem intent on ramping up the very worst stereotype views of the city of Newcastle and it's support. Us Geordies man, we all love Greggs and we've got nothing else in our lives except the football club. Monumentally and excuciatingly embarrasing and a million miles from the truth.

I have no idea what has happened to Caulkin either. Once a very good journalist and now just cringeworthy as fuck.

Edited by Wandy

So if I donate a big wedge will I get more say than the man who donates a quid?

the whole thing seems far too complicated. 

have they got some wealthy fans waiting in the wings with some hefty donations? 

Just now, ED209 said:

So if I donate a big wedge will I get more say than the man who donates a quid?

the whole thing seems far too complicated. 

have they got some wealthy fans waiting in the wings with some hefty donations? 

One member, one vote. It's all there in the FAQs on the website. 

5 minutes ago, Greg said:

There's pretty clear process attached to it - and any decisions go to vote of Members. 

I must have missed that, it didn't seem to be something I could find.

Is there a link to the process?

I'm dubious that it'll ever come to fruition but I'm more than on board with the principle of fan ownership, and that idea has to start somewhere. Politically it'll never be like it is in Germany, where it's regulated that there has to be majority fan ownership, so something like this is the only way it could possibly be achieved. 

It's ambitious and a very small, no-pressure, ask of the global fanbase. And the worst thing that can possibly happen is some local charities are supported. I don't even see the issue with no timescale. It'll fail when it fails (if it does). 

I'm all for it tbh. 

1 minute ago, OpenC said:

More ambition than the club has shown for a decade.  If you don't like it you don't have to be part of it, there doesn't need to be any drama attached.

Don't you dare get in the way of people having a whinge, it's a british past time.

4 minutes ago, Wandy said:

It really isnt. This lot at NUST seem intent on ramping up the very worst stereotype views of the city of Newcastle and it's support. Us Geordies man, we all love Greggs and we've got nothing else in our lives except the football club. Monumentally and excuciatingly embarrasing and a million miles from the truth.

I have no idea what has happened to Caulkin either. Once a very good journalist and now just cringeworthy as fuck.

Whats the alternative then? everything else has failed. Atleast they're try something, it may work, it may not, but fans having a voice in the running of football clubs is something every fan should want, and this is a way to try and make that happen. Calling it embarrassing and thinking "What do the mackens think" makes you part of the problem.

Think of it long term. It’s not going to happen under Ashley but let’s say Staveley and co own us, I could see them selling a tiny percentage. I imagine any new owner would do the same as it’s getting the fans onside immediately.

A lot of people think we will go down and not come back. The value of the club will plummet and eventually Ashley will leave. By then the Trust could be in a position to own or part own the club.

If the mackems (and various other clubs) had done this they would have been in a position to do something when their club was on its knees. It’s safeguarding, if we get taken over by someone filthy rich it won’t matter and it’ll go to charity anyway. Don’t misconstrue this as the trust trying to buy the club tomorrow. 

I'd be interested to know what sorts of number's they are hoping for/expecting and the duration of time they expect to be going for.

If they get the 52k doing a pound a month it's 624k a year. I think to sell the idea some information about what a lower league club would cost plus how it would then be funded given the debt the club would presumably be in. How much would  they need a month for it to be a conceivable option in the next ten years.  Not being negative genuinely interested on what the number needed to be relevant is? 

The word embarrassing is the most overused and redundant word used in the context of fan behaviour. Whose behalf people embarrassed upon? Sure as shit ain’t mine. I couldn’t give a fuck what Sunderland fans think and looking through the prism of that is so small time it’s untrue. I’m all for how will this work and debate and healthy scepticism but we’ve a Damocles sword of relegation, a sovereign state accused of murder and sportswashing or a disaster capitalist who literally v’s up the fans as our current options. Halle-fucking-jullah someone is promoting a way that doesn’t pander to the EPL, the myriad cretins who protect the jobs for boys product. I don’t know if it will work but fed up of pretending we’re a football club in any meaningful sense or that I should embrace PIF and they are my options. More needs to happen like this in wider society too to be honest because at the minute life and debate around it stinks. Mackems ffs.

Guest neesy111
11 minutes ago, Wandy said:

You're a fucking shambles.

Having a small percentage of the club gives you zero input into how the club is run . If the same people plus the ' supa ' fan types actually advocated not going the club would collapse and it would take maybe a few relegations to get us into the position where we were worth next to nowt . Thats the only way fans could afford to buy enough of the club to have a real say ( 51% ) . Anything else is moonshine 

Guest reefatoon
2 minutes ago, Darth Crooks said:

The word embarrassing is the most overused and redundant word used in the context of fan behaviour. Whose behalf people embarrassed upon? Sure as shit ain’t mine. I couldn’t give a fuck what Sunderland fans think and looking through the prism of that is so small time it’s untrue. I’m all for how will this work and debate and healthy scepticism but we’ve a Damocles sword of relegation, a sovereign state accused of murder and sportswashing or a disaster capitalist who literally v’s up the fans as our current options. Halle-fucking-jullah someone is promoting a way that doesn’t pander to the EPL, the myriad cretins who protect the jobs for boys product. I don’t know if it will work but fed up of pretending we’re a football club in any meaningful sense or that I should embrace PIF and they are my options. More needs to happen like this in wider society too to be honest because at the minute life and debate around it stinks. Mackems ffs.

Totally agree. The amount of blushing Charlie’s we have here alone is staggering.