Newcastle United Supporters Trust (NUST)

Alby

Newcastle United Supporters Trust (NUST)   

186 members have voted

1. 1. Have you / do you intend to pledge to the 1892 Pledge scheme orchestrated by the NUST?

• Yes
    • No

3 minutes ago, 54 said:

Whats the alternative then? everything else has failed. Atleast they're try something, it may work, it may not, but fans having a voice in the running of football clubs is something every fan should want, and this is a way to try and make that happen. Calling it embarrassing and thinking "What do the mackens think" makes you part of the problem.

The only alternative is being bought out by a very rich individual or group who has actual ambition. This fan buy-in/buy-out stuff is pure fantasy.

And some of us can remember the last time this was tried, when John Hall launched his share issue. That failed too, and that's when it was an actual viable proposition, and the club's supporter base was of a much higher calibre.

You are talking about a fanbase that thinks boycotts don't work and that Ashley can do what he wants because "it's his club". If you expect them to get on board with this you are in for a whole lot of disappointment.

23 minutes ago, astraguy said:

Part of the problem! boycott the fucking ground the cunt will soon go, as they said the club is nothing without fans and that's why he brought us easy money

100% this. Any fan action group who aren't fully committed to a boycott of the club are part of the problem.

Ashley is gone if we want him gone. It's always been that way.

Just now, Wandy said:

The only alternative is being bought out by a very rich individual or group who has actual ambition. This fan buy-in/buy-out stuff is pure fantasy.

And some of us can remember the last time this was tried, when John Hall launched his share issue. That failed too, and that's when it was an actual viable proposition, and the club's supporter base was of a much higher calibre.

You are talking about a fanbase that thinks boycotts don't work and that Ashley can do what he wants because "it's his club". If you expect them to get on board with this you are in for a whole lot of disappointment.

I actually don't think it will work, but its worth trying, and worst case scenario alot of money goes to charity. 

It’s been tried at least twice. There’s no appetite for it nor consensus. You want a white knight with ambition? Not happening. You want a mass boycott that neither. It’s the perfect being the enemy of the good and part of this at least is looking at the possibility we do a Sunderland. Fucked if I’ll be bystander like those clowns.

Guest HTT II

I think it’s brilliant and I’m 100% in support and have pledged, great stuff Greg and co well done, finally some affirmative fan action for the long term, I see this as a way of potentially protecting our club in the future against another Ashley at the least which in itself is a massive positive. 

Edited by HTT II

Guest neesy111
Just now, Ketsbaia said:

The idea isn't bad but can't see it succeeding tbh. Credit to them for trying though.

This 100%.

I have my doubts as well, but it's certainly better than doing nothing + other ridiculous ideas which won't work.

13 minutes ago, Jamie87 said:

Thrown in £50. Might as well. 

QQ: What if PIF pledge £330m?

Then they will have wasted their money because they won’t own the club and will have the same rights as the man who donated a quid. 

5 minutes ago, Darth Crooks said:

The word embarrassing is the most overused and redundant word used in the context of fan behaviour. Whose behalf people embarrassed upon? Sure as shit ain’t mine. I couldn’t give a fuck what Sunderland fans think and looking through the prism of that is so small time it’s untrue. I’m all for how will this work and debate and healthy scepticism but we’ve a Damocles sword of relegation, a sovereign state accused of murder and sportswashing or a disaster capitalist who literally v’s up the fans as our current options. Halle-fucking-jullah someone is promoting a way that doesn’t pander to the EPL, the myriad cretins who protect the jobs for boys product. I don’t know if it will work but fed up of pretending we’re a football club in any meaningful sense or that I should embrace PIF and they are my options. More needs to happen like this in wider society too to be honest because at the minute life and debate around it stinks. Mackems ffs.

Having this mentality is what is small time. Living in your own echo chamber, your own bubble and sticking your fingers in your ears to what the outside world thinks is what is small time.

I care deeply about the image of this city, it's football club and it's people. That video is hideous to watch and just perpetuates every negative stereotype of us as a region. I'd just shrug if it was some individual fan-made content but it's the actual group who claim to represent the voice of NUFC fans who have made it. Absolutely staggering.

Guest HTT II
1 minute ago, neesy111 said:

HTT is back....

This is the most exciting thing about the club for me right now and something I’m more interested in than anything on and off the pitch at NE1

1 minute ago, ED209 said:

Then they will have wasted their money because they won’t own the club and will have the same rights as the man who donated a quid. 

I reckon they won't do it then.

2 minutes ago, Wandy said:

Having this mentality is what is small time. Living in your own echo chamber, your own bubble and sticking your fingers in your ears to what the outside world thinks is what is small time.

I care deeply about the image of this city, it's football club and it's people. That video is hideous to watch and just perpetuates every negative stereotype of us as a region. I'd just shrug if it was some individual fan-made content but it's the actual group who claim to represent the voice of NUFC fans who have made it. Absolutely staggering.

Well, putting the Mackems aside then, the audience and target is Newcastle fans for them to pledge. If it’s enough which it may well not be. There was a bloke in there from Kenya. As much as it evoked some local imagery it also addressed football in the modern sense too. Ultimately it’s about persuading enough of us to pledge to make it credible, however their content is pitched.

Guest reefatoon

I am struggling a little bit in what it will achieve or try too. Firstly, Ashley would never let the fans have a percentage of the club. That would be far too much hassle for him, so that’s not an option. To be able to buy the club outright, how long would that take and how many divisions would we need to drop. Lastly, if the Saudi takeover does somehow happen (hhmmm) everyone would be over the moon with that and the thought of fans owning some tiny percentage would then not seem important if the club was being ran professionally. Plus they might not want to sell a percentage to fans. Seems a very very long shot. But at least local charities will benefit, which is a good thing.

Also, this doesn’t put any pressure on Ashley to want to sell, which is something that probably needs to happen first.

Edited by reefatoon

20 minutes ago, 54 said:

Whats the alternative then? everything else has failed. Atleast they're try something, it may work, it may not, but fans having a voice in the running of football clubs is something every fan should want, and this is a way to try and make that happen. Calling it embarrassing and thinking "What do the mackens think" makes you part of the problem.

Everything has failed? We haven't done anything. We've renewed our season tickets and sat in idle silence for 15 years while Mike takes the piss.

The alternative is to boycott the club. It's really really easy.

3 minutes ago, Darth Crooks said:

Well, putting the Mackems aside then, the audience and target is Newcastle fans for them to pledge. If it’s enough which it may well not be. There was a bloke in there from Kenya. As much as it evoked some local imagery it also addressed football in the modern sense too. Ultimately it’s about persuading enough of us to pledge to make it credible, however their content is pitched.

It's not going to work though. I appreciate the energy that they have put into this but it is sadly misdirected. I suspect they know it has zero chance of working which is why they have added the charity element into it.

They need to refocus their energy and attention on actual stuff that will make the club better. And holding the current owner to proper account would be a good start, not pie in the sky stuff like this.

Guest neesy111

Boycott's are not going to happen and actually happen at very few clubs.

It's worked well for Coventry hasn't it, still owned by Sisu aren't they.....

3 minutes ago, Candi_Hills said:

Everything has failed? We haven't done anything. We've renewed our season tickets and sat in idle silence for 15 years while Mike takes the piss.

The alternative is to boycott the club. It's really really easy.

I would be more on board with the boycott if we hadn't just been through a whole season without fans and fuck all has happened.

6 minutes ago, reefatoon said:

I am struggling a little bit in what it will achieve or try too. Firstly, Ashley would never let the fans have a percentage of the club. That would be far too much hassle for him, so that’s not an option. To be able to buy the club outright, how long would that take and how many divisions would we need to drop. Lastly, if the Saudi takeover does somehow happen (hhmmm) everyone would be over the moon with that and the thought of fans owning some tiny percentage would then not seem important if the club was being ran professionally. Plus they might not want to sell a percentage to fans. Seems a very very long shot. But at least local charities will benefit, which is a good thing.

Also, this doesn’t put any pressure on Ashley to want to sell, which is something that probably needs to happen first.

I don’t think it’s as simple as ‘if we have a decent owner we don’t need fan involvement’. Of course the situation would presumably be better under non-Ashley, but that doesn’t mean that fan involvement isn’t beneficial.

Whether any new owners would sell a stake is a different question, pretty much impossible to know.