Newcastle United Supporters Trust (NUST)

Alby

Newcastle United Supporters Trust (NUST)   

186 members have voted

1. 1. Have you / do you intend to pledge to the 1892 Pledge scheme orchestrated by the NUST?

• Yes
    • No

3 minutes ago, arnonel said:

This forum is starting to become as grim as Ashley reign. Every single thing about the club is dead. Even when someone brings the slightest bit of hope, the forum kicks into keyboard warrior gear. Actually very impressive how thoroughly negative it is

Theres your answer.

Once the players dont care, once the manager doesnt care, once the owner doesnt care, once the premier league dont care.......fans will ask themselves "why should i"?

The ownership of the club is the single issue around which EVERYTHING pivots.

Deleted my account on here last year because NUFC is so depressing. However, I wanted to post on this because I feel like the loudest voices on this sort of thing are always the whiners.

I think it's a great idea, and in fact it's the only option we have really. Okay it might take a while, and it's not guaranteed to work, but fan ownership has to be attempted at least. It's a strategy that at least we have some control over, whereas deciphering pictures of bread on twitter really isn't. We've seen how close we are to relegation this year. We have no idea how the pandemic and a relegation will affect the clubs finances, but there is potential for club to go on a very negative trajectory towards administration. If that does happen, you want a fans group to be ready. You have to start somewhere, and eventually Ashley will go. When he does, we want a seat at the table. It's our club.

Well done to Greg and the team. Keep going.

14 minutes ago, arnonel said:

This forum is starting to become as grim as Ashley reign. Every single thing about the club is dead. Even when someone brings the slightest bit of hope, the forum kicks into keyboard warrior gear. Actually very impressive how thoroughly negative it is

Nonsense, there's been opinions on all sides. 

15 minutes ago, arnonel said:

On the other side it's fine to have questions about something new. Questions aren't bad, they will help people that aren't immediately willing to pledge.

36 minutes ago, manorpark said:

Having an NUST presence on the board, even when we get our great new (Staveley/PIF/Reubens) owners, is a great idea.

It takes the club to an even 'higher level' than it even will be after the Takeover. I wouldn't hitherto have thought that possible!!

After the Takeover we will not "need" fan involvement in the club, on the board, but (if this works) we WILL have it, and it will just feel great.

It is a superb idea and plan, and I'm sure our new owners would like to come out right now to say they support this, but things are (as we all know) at a 'legally delicate' stage at the moment . . .

The news just keeps on getting better, hopefully there will not be too much of a negative response to this from some quarters?

arnonel, you wrote . . . 

"This forum is starting to become as grim as Ashley reign. Every single thing about the club is dead. Even when someone brings the slightest bit of hope, the forum kicks into keyboard warrior gear. Actually very impressive how thoroughly negative it is"

NO . . .

This forum is NOT all "grim" about our club, see the post 'quoted' above.

Far from it.

Edited by manorpark

3 minutes ago, ToonArmy1892 said:

[emoji38] some people are so defensive of NUST.

The old "give us more money please".

‘People’ are too positive, ‘people’ are too negative, ‘people’ are too defensive. Maybe just stick to discussing the substance instead of the meta-complaining. 

Edited by AyeDubbleYoo

There’s been a number of attempts to do this since Ashley’s been involved, not all of which were grounded in reality. This seems a lot more feasible, both in terms of the ask and what the aim is. I’m behind it :thup:

52 minutes ago, Doctor Zaius said:

Its a good idea. Its ambitious and a long shot but there is room for part fan ownership in football, without doubt. 

A quick glance at twitter and its a "waste of time", "impossible", "pissing your hard earned away". No doubt the same cunts that refuse to back any boycott or protest and happily donate a more substantial amount to Mike Ashley every other week. And there in lies the problem. 

Good on the NUST for giving it a go imo. 

If it's a good idea but based on the assumption fans will be on board, but fans think it's a waste of time, it's a bad idea unfortunately. 

6 minutes ago, InspectorCoarse said:

If any of this ever came to pass ( and it wont ) the fans 1% ownership would merely be used as cover by PIF for the murderous Saudi regime . NUST is only ever going to ask any regime easy questions about minor stuff like the state of the toilets etc 

Valid concern for a lot of people. I guess if we knew exactly who the owner will be in future, it would put off as many people as it would attract. Right now we don’t know who it will be. 

So let’s all write begging letters to sting, shearer, and and dec, Sid the sexist, Jimmy Nail, Keegan, the cast of geordie shore and any other loaded person with connections to Newcastle.  Will be sorted in no time

I hope we are going to see a totaliser somewhere, or maybe a go fund me page?

10 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Valid concern for a lot of people. I guess if we knew exactly who the owner will be in future, it would put off as many people as it would attract. Right now we don’t know who it will be. 

I suppose the response would be that the idea is about fan representation rather than providing backing for the other shareholders. Whether that would satisfy people is up to them.

1 minute ago, ED209 said:

So let’s all write begging letters to sting, shearer, and and dec, Sid the sexist, Jimmy Nail, Keegan, the cast of geordie shore and any other loaded person with connections to Newcastle.  Will be sorted in no time

I hope we are going to see a totaliser somewhere, or maybe a go fund me page?

All this shows is that you haven't even arsed yourself to take a look at the website and what the 1892 Pledge actually is and how it works.

While in general I like the idea, I have concerns that in reality, it's a lot of money to raise, and for a 1% share that in cold, hard terms, gives us no extra power. The 99% shareholder could just forget about it. 

5 minutes ago, Greg said:

All this shows is that you haven't even arsed yourself to take a look at the website and what the 1892 Pledge actually is and how 

just had a quick look on the trust site. Can’t find any details at all. 

Edited by ED209

Guest HTT II

I look at this as a way of helping to potentially safeguard the club in the future by giving fans the opportunity to buy a stake into it at any level post Ashley, regardless of how small a stake is, anything that gives fans a share in their club is worth it surely? I do hope NUST can drum up the support and pledges of former ex players and other influential institutions and people in and around the city/region. Me, I’m excited, this is something that is very ambitious, but doable and mostly encouraging going forward for our club and it’s fanbase, far better than any protest which only divides. I do feel if there was no Covid and we had full houses every week again, the traction of uptake would be bigger and would enable NUST to directly get pledges from game going fans on match days etc. Anyway I’m 100% in support and have pledged my support financially and will continue to do so on a regular basis. Well done @Gregand everyone involved and I hope everyone gets involved be it whatever amount they can afford or want to pledge because this is the only route to having a direct stake in our club, however small or hopefully large. Get pledging folks.