Newcastle United Supporters Trust (NUST)

Alby

Newcastle United Supporters Trust (NUST)   

186 members have voted

1. 1. Have you / do you intend to pledge to the 1892 Pledge scheme orchestrated by the NUST?

• Yes
    • No

1 hour ago, jonbobson said:

Ian fucking Mearns.

May as well have added wraith if they are happy to have dicks like him involved.

Whats wrong with Ian Mearns out of interest? 

Sat behind him in the Gallowgate for a season, used to do that mad loud whistle whenever we used to get a corner. Got about 4 in a row once, thought he was going to keel owa. 

5 minutes ago, GWN said:

or maybe folk just know it won’t change a fuking thing mate? 

most have said they applaud it but for me it’s simple , stop going to the fuking games, I don’t get why folk can’t get it into their heads that this apart from a rich nut case coming along is the only way and always has been to get rid of him.Till then we just sit and twist all day every day 😂

Is it possible to do both?

1 minute ago, GWN said:

or maybe folk just know it won’t change a fuking thing mate? 

most have said they applaud it but for me it’s simple , stop going to the fuking games, I don’t get why folk can’t get it into their heads that this apart from a rich nut case coming along is the only way and always has been to get rid of him.Till then we just sit and twist all day every day 😂

Boycotts have shown the same. They don't work with Newcastle fans and never have done. 1989-1991, 2015, the 2018 being cancelled and other protests attempts failing. Nee one has been in the ground for over a year and it won't be full for the foreseeable and the fat cunt is still here. In an ideal world people would stop going until he sold but it just won't happen, clamouring for it whilst having the same attitude towards any changes NUST or any other group suggest to those who actually go to matches which is "well it won't do anything, Ashley won't sell as a result of this pledge/protest/boycott will he so I'll not bother". 

This is from someone who doesn't think that this pledge will do much either btw. :lol: Just more of a rant to those who've immediately shot another idea down in flames before it gets off its arse.

Just now, Doctor Zaius said:

Sat behind him in the Gallowgate for a season, used to do that mad loud whistle whenever we used to get a corner. Got about 4 in a row once, thought he was going to keel owa. 

:lol:

Guest neesy111
2 minutes ago, Doctor Zaius said:

Yeah I sat next to him.

Guest HTT II
1 hour ago, InspectorCoarse said:

Yes but its not real involvement or " truly involved " is it ? What you are describing is the use of fans as a stage army when needed for pr purposes . The first time NUSTs fantasy of fan involvement ever goes up against the needs of the actual owners then people would see the real nature of ownership and where power lies ...

Any fan involvement at any level if real is valuable to the club and indeed the fans full stop whether it’s Wor Flags, fans attending open day training sessions, fans being allowed to watch the lads train every day as happened under KK or fans owning a 1% stake in the club.

I’m pretty certain NUST if they achieved that goal, on behalf of their members, would be under no illusions as to what their stake would truly represent and indeed any owners, but it’s a small step to having true fan representation and not just involvement at a high level within the corridors of power at the club which can not be diluted, only added to.

Further to that it’s a potential protection/safeguard  of our club in the future against another Ashley and an avenue to launch saving the club should it drop down the league/s or end up going under.

This isn’t a fantasy it’s an actual move for and towards exactly what it effectively says on the tin and if anyone with a genuine passion for the club to progress and be United once again should be happy and do what they can to help this goal materialise at some point.

Not gripe, whinge or worry about what other fans think (who honestly gives a fuck, I find it sadder that someone would worry what a mackem thinks on their message board about the Mags and more concerning personally) and if not, don’t join, don’t pledge, but don’t fucking knock the attempts of others wanting what’s best for the club and the fans.

Have genuine questions and issues? Contact the Trust, get involved and offer something of your own to any of this. That’s not a direct dig at you btw, I’m speaking in general. 

Edited by HTT II

As sure as a groan from the East Stand follows any misplaced pass, any fan-led initiative will be followed by the same tedious bores having a big old fucking whinge.

I don’t understand the desire to heap derision on stuff like this. You can be of the belief that it won’t work, but surely it’s better to provide some sort of critical support to people who are attempting to change things for the better? Especially in this instance where there seems to be some semblance of perspective and realism about what’s achievable, and it isn’t associated with some grifting cunt desperate for some publicity. If you’re embarrassed then you’re supporting the wrong football club. We’re a laughing stock - have been for most of the last decade - and it has very little to do with the fans.

You don’t get brownie points for being a miserable git on the internet, even if you are eventually proven correct.

Good idea in theory, but it’s so difficult to pull off and needs substantial support at a time people’s interest in NUFC is reducing.

There’s also too many gaps and maybes to get people engaged on this regularly. 

There’s also a question as to what this achieves. A nominal stake in the club will do nothing that a well organised Trust couldn’t achieve with a good relationship with the owners [caveat of it not being MA].

On a separate note... Remember ‘’MyFootballClub”? Everyone chipped in, bought Ebbsfleet and it was fucking awful. Everyone lost interest and it ended badly.

Guest neesy111

If people don't like this then fine, you don't have to participate or join up but constantly digging NUST, saying it's hopeless or describing it's embarrassing is fucking ridiculous. 

From my point of view it’s because I have met @Greg and Caulkin, spoke to them both and know what great work for the club each of them do that has convinced me. There is no way either of them would be doing this to rob supporters, and have reason to believe that this could lead to something. In Caulkin case I think he’s very much in a position to have been able to rule something like this out assuming the Staveley lead consortium take control of the club, and him putting his name to it is massive.

I guess I’m in a position that other fans aren’t because I have met both and know their true intentions, had it been others then I would be a lot more skeptical and unwilling to put money chips in.

3 minutes ago, christ said:

As sure as a groan from the East Stand follows any misplaced pass, any fan-led initiative will be followed by the same tedious bores having a big old fucking whinge.

I don’t understand the desire to heap derision on stuff like this. You can be of the belief that it won’t work, but surely it’s better to provide some sort of critical support to people who are attempting to change things for the better? Especially in this instance where there seems to be some semblance of perspective and realism about what’s achievable, and it isn’t associated with some grifting cunt desperate for some publicity. If you’re embarrassed then you’re supporting the wrong football club. We’re a laughing stock - have been for most of the last decade - and it has very little to do with the fans.

You don’t get brownie points for being a miserable git on the internet, even if you are eventually proven correct.

However you're allowed an opinion on whether you think fan group ownership, or a fans group having a seat on the board is a good idea or not. It's not just a test of who is optimistic and who is miserable.

6 minutes ago, HTT II said:

I’m pretty certain NUST if they achieved that goal, on behalf of their members, would be under no illusions as to what their stake would truly represent

Exactly , it would just be pr puff , not anything where fans would have a real say in the club . 

If fans want to fund this go right ahead but it amounts to very little in the final analysis . Chasing rainbows is all it is 

Guest HTT II
3 minutes ago, neesy111 said:

If people don't like this then fine, you don't have to participate or join up but constantly digging NUST, saying it's hopeless or describing it's embarrassing is fucking ridiculous. 

Aye, these are good people, good intentioned people. If the club were ran as well as NUST with the calibre of people involved in NUST we wouldn’t be having this discussion, ever. Honestly this has perked me up where NUFC and footy is concerned no end and why I rejoined the forum as NUFC in its current state is dead to me, zero interest whatsoever. So thanks NUST :clap:

1 minute ago, JJ7 said:

However you're allowed an opinion on whether you think fan group ownership, or a fans group having a seat on the board is a good idea or not. It's not just a test of who is optimistic and who is miserable.

Of course, but that doesn’t seem to be what people are griping about.

I think this is great  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯. Aye it might fail, probably will, but I think fan/community ownership of football clubs is fundamental to the direction football should be moving - it's a joke that we're at the behest of someone like Mike Ashley or whether or not we get bought by a nation state's investment fund looking to improve its image. I applaud the initiative, I'll be joining it.

Guest HTT II
13 minutes ago, InspectorCoarse said:

Exactly , it would just be pr puff , not anything where fans would have a real say in the club . 

If fans want to fund this go right ahead but it amounts to very little in the final analysis . Chasing rainbows is all it is 

I disagree, I think NUST and it’s members having some stake in the club regardless of percentage wouldn’t just be some PR guff, but a realisation from any would be new owners that a) NUST and its members are to be considered integral to the club and b) that their input would be valued. 

Regardless of that scenario of NUST having a stake in the club, for me the bigger picture is that as fans we can all pledge towards a kitty that might one day be needed to buy the club back or save it even if it dies a Sunderland or worse. 

Eityer way I’m on board and think this is a great move by the Trust who are not and never should be or will be a protest group, this is about the entire fanbase and not opinions or protests, good on them and finally I see a positive future for our fans at least who are being represented in the right way short and long term, in an age where their club doesn’t give a fuck about us at all or the game. 

United in numbers and all that... 

Edited by HTT II

Personally, I'm not in favour of fan ownership.  Maybe naivety on my part but I think a new owner would/should be falling over themselves to work more closely with the fans.  Especially since there has been absolutely feck-all during ashley's reign of pain bar the fan forum which they took the piss out of.  For a new owner it would be win/win for them.  Even just on the PR side of things.  Think it should be more of a new owner offering a solution rather than the Trust approaching them looking to 'buy in' to the club.  Not sure what it would achieve in that scenario.

Where I think it's a good idea is the possible tool it might be if we tumble mackem style and have some energy drink shyster sniffing about.  But even then it would still have to be a hefty amount for cashley to sell up even if in league 1.

1 minute ago, InspectorCoarse said:

Lol Shearer will stick exactly £ 1 in : )

I could not give a fuck if he puts nothing in. Him coming out saying he’s behind it will encourage fans to do so.

as it happens the pledge jumped £100 from just before his tweet to the time I’m writing this.

32 minutes ago, HTT II said:

I’m pretty certain NUST if they achieved that goal, on behalf of their members, would be under no illusions as to what their stake would truly represent

I'll quote you again back to yourself . You are saying that in reality NUST / fans would have no real influence ( under no illusions ) 

So its really about good pr and fans feeling good about the club and themselves - nothing more .