Newcastle United Supporters Trust (NUST)

Alby

Newcastle United Supporters Trust (NUST)   

186 members have voted

1. 1. Have you / do you intend to pledge to the 1892 Pledge scheme orchestrated by the NUST?

• Yes
    • No

8 minutes ago, Stifler said:

I could not give a fuck if he puts nothing in. Him coming out saying he’s behind it will encourage fans to do so.

as it happens the pledge jumped £100 from just before his tweet to the time I’m writing this.

Woop dee doo

1 hour ago, Wallsendmag said:

This has to be the worst reply of the lot. Sunderland are a 3rd division football club. They are a complete and utter irrelevance these days. They are in no position to laugh at anyone. Any Newcastle fan worrying about what a group of football fans who follow a 3rd Division football club think of them has something wrong with them, in my opinion of course.

For what it's worth l, whilst I admire the sentiment and what the Trust are trying to achieve, trying to rally a totally apathetic fanbase to donate enough to make this work is going to be an extremely tall order.

Delusional. There is every chance we will be in the same league as them next season and if we are, they will be no better or worse than us in every respect. And of course if it does happen this board will be full of comments from people being terrified of playing them, that's how irrelevant they will be. It's already started in their thread on here and we dont even know our respective fates yet.

Just to clear things up though, although I referenced them, it was actually my thoughts on what must the rest of the country think of us when watching that video. Like I say, every single negative stereotype was boxticked in that godawful video.

Even if this plan by NUST somehow came off, it wouldn't make a slightest bit of difference in making NUFC the club a success. Yeah, there'd be a tiny sliver of fan representation on the board. Big deal.

The whole thing is nothing more than a fantasy-fueled vanity project by an organisation struggling to justify it's existence.

Guest HTT II
5 minutes ago, InspectorCoarse said:

I'll quote you again back to yourself . You are saying that in reality NUST / fans would have no real influence ( under no illusions ) 

So its really about good pr and fans feeling good about the club and themselves - nothing more . 

No, read my words for what they are, in that you are arguing they will have zero influence whatsoever with a 1% stake in terms of what? I’m saying any stake will not come with any role in decision making and so on, but then if you read/listen to what NUST are saying you’ll know that’s not their goal so in reality your basically arguing against something that isn’t up for debate...

But carry on with whatever it is you’re debating, I’ll agree to disagree :thup:

Edited by HTT II

7 minutes ago, HTT II said:

I’m saying any stake will not come with any role in decision making and so on,

So whats the point if having ownership of a small stake gives fans no real power within the club ?

Its exactly as i said - good pr and nothing more

Guest HTT II
6 minutes ago, InspectorCoarse said:

So whats the point if having ownership of a small stake gives fans no real power within the club ?

Its exactly as i said - good pr and nothing more

Whats the point of anything in your world then?!

If you  can’t see the point of even a 1% fan stake I really can’t help you and again, that’s not even the whole full goal in this with NUST.

Again I’ll agree to disagree, have a good evening :thup:

Edited by HTT II

I'm gonna sign up for a small amount each month prob just a fiver. I want more meat on the bones but it's day one but worst case scenario it's a bit of money to charity.

Guest HTT II
4 minutes ago, Si said:

I'm gonna sign up for a small amount each month prob just a fiver. I want more meat on the bones but it's day one but worst case scenario it's a bit of money to charity.

Win win IMO, imagine both scenarios, we get a stake in our club or a shit load of money goes to great use here in our community. Who wouldn’t be up for that man... 

13 minutes ago, Si said:

I signed up for £5 a month. I know it’s not much but I’m not on a fantastic wage. In future if I am able to up it I can, I can also see if it’s taking off and standing any chance of being successfull as well.

Guest HTT II
4 minutes ago, Stifler said:

I signed up for £5 a month. I know it’s not much but I’m not on a fantastic wage. In future if I am able to up it I can, I can also see if it’s taking off and standing any chance of being successfull as well.

That’s more than enough man :thup:

Edited by HTT II

I tried to sign up but on first page where I say I'm in the US it says "Sorry, it seems there are no available payment methods which support subscriptions. Please contact us if you require assistance or wish to make alternate arrangement"

Need to get that sorted sharpish given the internaitonal focus of it, and that launch buzz will be important

13 minutes ago, Inferior Acuña said:

I tried to sign up but on first page where I say I'm in the US it says "Sorry, it seems there are no available payment methods which support subscriptions. Please contact us if you require assistance or wish to make alternate arrangement"

Need to get that sorted sharpish given the internaitonal focus of it, and that launch buzz will be important

Yep. Working on it - for some reason some non UK bank accounts don't seem to work with the GoCardless platform but we're fixing it. 

Guest HTT II

If I was NUST I’d give free membership to anyone pledging, it could go a long way to put any doubters at ease and help fast track take up of both membership and pledges jointly of course! Win win?

Edited by HTT II

10 minutes ago, Joey Linton said:

Is that right, any fans can pledge money but unless you're a signed up member of the NUST you then get no say on what happens with it? 

Well if you're gonna pledge then you might as well go the extra pence and become a member. :lol:

I can understand the pessimism (I share it, tbh, which is no fault of the Trust) but what I can't understand is some of the cynicism, like. There's no risk here. 

3 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Well if you're gonna pledge then you might as well go the extra pence and become a member. :lol:

I can understand the pessimism (I share it, tbh, which is no fault of the Trust) but what I can't understand is some of the cynicism, like. There's no risk here. 

I don't want to be a member of the Trust, simple as that.