Newcastle United Supporters Trust (NUST)

Alby

Newcastle United Supporters Trust (NUST)   

186 members have voted

1. 1. Have you / do you intend to pledge to the 1892 Pledge scheme orchestrated by the NUST?

• Yes
    • No

2 minutes ago, Joey Linton said:

I don't want to be a member of the Trust, simple as that. 

You could've just said ' I don't want to be a member for the Trust.'

The 'simple as that' part is a little catty. 

Guest HTT II
1 minute ago, Joey Linton said:

I see pledging and becoming a member the same thing (admittedly before this I was already a member), I just think the two go hand in hand and my reasoning is investing what 2 quid in NUST is the equivalent to investing in the pledge too.  It’s such a small price to pay to be a member of such an important organisation and potentially part of a very prominent part of all of our futures as fans, as a club. I’ve been very critical of NUST in the past and still have issues and concerns, but the only way to have a positive influence oneself is to join up and speak up and help out etc. Membership costs compared to say Sky subscription, a programme... it’s a no brainier IMO!

3 minutes ago, Joey Linton said:

Well I was referring to those people you described, i.e. someone who may feel aggrieved at pledging but wouldn't have a say. The obvious remedy to that being to just join the Trust. You're obviously neither pledging nor joining the Trust, which is fair enough and you've nowt to worry about. 

Just now, HTT II said:

I see pledging and becoming a member the same thing (admittedly before this I was already a member), I just think the two go hand in hand and my reasoning is investing what 2 quid in NUST is the equivalent to investing in the pledge too.  It’s such a small price to pay to be a member of such an important organisation and potentially part of a very prominent part of all of our futures as fans, as a club. I’ve been very critical of NUST in the past and still have issues and concerns, but the only way to have a positive influence oneself is to join up and speak up and help out etc. Membership costs compared to say Sky subscription, a programme... it’s a no brainier IMO!

Its not about the cost at all, i don't think they represent either the fanbase in general (not that they claim to) or even their membership's own views. I've said all of this before though and don't intend to go over it again. 

2 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Well I was referring to those people you described, i.e. someone who may feel aggrieved at pledging but wouldn't have a say. The obvious remedy to that being to just join the Trust. You're obviously neither pledging nor joining the Trust, which is fair enough and you've nowt to worry about. 

That totally misrepresents the situation - I've no intention of pledging if i then have to be a Trust member to have a say about my pledge. 

Guest HTT II
8 minutes ago, Joey Linton said:

Its not about the cost at all, i don't think they represent either the fanbase in general (not that they claim to) or even their membership's own views. I've said all of this before though and don't intend to go over it again. 

I know, but IMO they do represent the fans and certainly better than anyone else. If fans want a protest group or an Ashley out group, fine, but we’ve had that and it didn’t work, this is a legitimate, professional, all inclusive foot in the door way into our club for all, no matter how small or large. I’m 200% convinced Ashley wants out for good now and that he wants it to be the Saudis and that will happen. I’m also convinced they will want NUST in on things regardless of how much or not they offer and that can only be a good thing, for a few quid, it’s something I personally feel is worth the risk, given the risk is so small. It’s the price of a can of coke and a bag of crisps, come on, this is our club, surely even if we factor any differences, concerns, criticism or other stuff, it’s worth it? I think so anyway, but understand if those among us who don’t, but not based on crap like oh what will the Mackems think. Fuck that! 

Edited by HTT II

3 minutes ago, Super Duper Branko Strupar said:

Why do you keep popping up with more of the same then?

Because someone went off on a tangent when i asked a simple question rather than just confirm the answer to it........ 

Edited by Joey Linton

10 minutes ago, Joey Linton said:

That totally misrepresents the situation - I've no intention of pledging if i then have to be a Trust member to have a say about my pledge. 

Sounds like you're just looking for something to complain about here, like. The Trust has been totally transparent regarding its intentions; it's not an issue where they're canvassing the membership for opinions, they're encouraging people to donate to achieving a specified goal. So what exactly do you want to say about your pledge? 

And your 'simple question' was quite obviously loaded. :rolleyes:

1 minute ago, Yorkie said:

Sounds like you're just finding something to complain about here, like. The Trust has been totally transparent regarding its intentions; it's not an issue where they're canvass the membership for opinions, they're encouraging people to donate to achieving a specified goal. So what exactly do you want to say and your pledge? 

I only asked a question ffs, which was is my understanding of the situation right, then I can make my own decision, as can everyone else.

I didn't say they weren't being transparent, did I? Show me where I did if so.

You were the one who turned it into what we're discussing now. 

Sounds like you're just defending them against stuff that no one has actually said here, like...... 

14 minutes ago, Joey Linton said:

What type of say do you expect exactly? You’re pledging money that will go towards the purchase of a stake in the club.

You don’t donate to Barnardo’s and get to pick and choose which kids they help :lol:

7 minutes ago, Joey Linton said:

I only asked a question ffs, which was is my understanding of the situation right, then I can make my own decision, as can everyone else.

I didn't say they weren't being transparent, did I? Show me where I did if so.

You were the one who turned it into what we're discussing now. 

Sounds like you're just defending them against stuff that no one has actually said here, like...... 

For the record I've absolutely no issue with partaking in the debate you and I are currently having. It was others who chipped in with comments about the nature of your posts. 

Anyway, I don't feel I'm providing an ott defence of the Trust, I'm saying that the grievances you're inferring aren't really rational. So you might want to pledge, but you have reservations about doing so because you 'won't have a say' about said pledge? If that's the case, my argument is: what even is there to have a say about? There's only one reason to pledge.

Just now, Yorkie said:

£9067 according to the website. 

Alex Hurst just said on that live thingy, that the tracker on the website is a bit behind due to the way bank process different charges etc, where as they can see the money thats pending.

2 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

For the record I've absolutely no issue with partaking in the debate you and I are currently having. It was others who chipped in with comments about the nature of your posts. 

Anyway, I don't feel I'm providing an ott defence of the Trust, I'm saying that the grievances you're inferring aren't really rational. So you might want to pledge, but you have reservations about doing so because you 'won't have a say' about said pledge? If that's the case, my argument is: what even is there to have a say about? There's only one reason to pledge.

That was part of the question really, if only members can have "a say" (or "a vote", which is what i've seen suggested today on social media), clearly there's something to have a say or a vote about, no? Wanting to understand what shouldn't be a problem. 

13 minutes ago, Rosenrot said:

Man our fanbase is full of negative tw*ts.

If you don't want to donate, then don't. It isn't hard.

It’s not though, is it?

You’re on an internet forum, where people discuss their views on any given subject. People are able to share their opinion of this project, whether it’s positive or not.

44 minutes ago, Joey Linton said:

Well don't get involved (you or anyone), since this whole thing is about buying a stake as the trust. I feel like that's quite clear. If you want to buy a stake on your own, or in a different group, then have to get on sorting that yourself.

Edited by Inferior Acuña

4 minutes ago, Joey Linton said:

That was part of the question really, if only members can have "a say" (or "a vote", which is what i've seen suggested today on social media), clearly there's something to have a say or a vote about, no? Wanting to understand what shouldn't be a problem. 

If the Trust succeeds and ends up having a seat on the board and a practical role in club matters, then that's where your vote really comes into play, as far as I can interpret it. So, by pledging but not joining, you'd have helped to enable that dynamic, but wouldn't be able to contribute to steering the views expressed by the Trust in the boardroom.