Newcastle United Supporters Trust (NUST)

Alby

Newcastle United Supporters Trust (NUST)   

186 members have voted

1. 1. Have you / do you intend to pledge to the 1892 Pledge scheme orchestrated by the NUST?

• Yes
    • No

12 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

If the Trust succeeds and ends up having a seat on the board and a practical role in club matters, then that's where your vote really comes into play, as far as I can interpret it. So, by pledging but not joining, you'd have helped to enable that dynamic, but wouldn't be able to contribute to steering the views expressed by the Trust in the boardroom. 

Cheers. At risk of subjecting myself to a second forum pile on for asking a question..... 

If "The Trust" or whatever own say 1% what sway does that really give them in decision making when someone else in the boardroom owns say 90%+?

Also if this 1% group has to refer it's vote on stuff to however many thousand members to decide what they think, how does that work? 

Not asking you specifically, more a general question? 

6 minutes ago, Joey Linton said:

Cheers. At risk of subjecting myself to a second forum pile on for asking a question..... 

If "The Trust" or whatever own say 1% what sway does that really give them in decision making when someone else in the boardroom owns say 90%+?

Also if this 1% group has to refer it's vote on stuff to however many thousand members to decide what they think, how does that work? 

Not asking you specifically, more a general question? 

Reality is they will have no say and the idea that the NUST would relay every desicion to a vote by NUST members is both unworkable and laughable . They will expect that NUST board members will be making those desicions on fans behalf . Its more about raising the profile of NUST and aggrandisement of its board members 

I think people would be more inclined to pledge if they knew they were going to get an area of jurisdiction come the day of the takeover. People would feel more involved if they could pledge their monthly pound knowing for instance that when the takeover occurs, they and a small group of their fellow trustees will have decision-making powers regarding the type of potatoes which might make the matchday chips.

3 minutes ago, InspectorCoarse said:

Reality is they will have no say and the idea that the NUST would relay every desicion to a vote by NUST members is both unworkable and laughable . They will expect that NUST board members will be making those desicions on fans behalf . Its more about raising the profile of NUST and aggrandisement of its board members 

Good thing that won't be the plan then. :thup:

Guest reefatoon
1 hour ago, Scotty66 said:

So the possible new owners (PCP) haven't had any discussions about this despite what has been said online. 

I find that really strange. What if PCP do takeover but don’t want to go down that route. Coming straight in and getting a chunk of the fans heckles up for not wanting to sell a percentage seems an odd way to go and a bit of a gamble. Surely they were notified just in case.

I’m still unsure on what the point is in buying 1% (or any nominal stake)?

The website doesn’t seem to answer this question either.

I could understand it as a future fund in the event the club fell through the divisions, it could act as security that we could jump in and purchase a controlling stake at any point. Although the figure needed here would be huge (£50m+) and theres every chance someone else would jump in and buy it first.

I don’t see any benefit in purchasing a tiny stake.

18 minutes ago, Inferior Acuña said:

Good thing that won't be the plan then. :thup:

Do you know whether the prospective new owners have been made aware of the plans and reacted positively as has been reported by various outlets today, or not been contacted at all as Liam Kennedy suggests?

There's a significant difference between those two scenarios. 

Edited by Joey Linton

1 hour ago, Yorkie said:

£9067 according to the website. 

They said in the podcast that the website is a bit behind because it takes some banks longer to finalise the DD’s, where as they have access to the full figure which has been pledged which stands at over £21k.

6 minutes ago, Joey Linton said:

Do you know whether the prospective new owners have been made aware of the plans and reacted positively as has been reported by various outlets today, or not been contacted at all as Liam Kennedy suggests?

There's a significant difference between those two scenarios. 

Just going off what I've seen in tweets and watching the video Greg and Alex Hurst just did,  seems like they've not been contacted - so not sure where reports to the contrary have come from.

1 hour ago, Joey Linton said:

Because someone went off on a tangent when i asked a simple question rather than just confirm the answer to it........ 

If you feel that you've answered the questions suitably, you can then leave your answers there to be read and then take yourself out. If of course thats all you have to say on the matter. As you stated.

This being a goer will depend on the funds being raised very quickly if deal goes through in next couple of months. Unless there are some very generous donations not sure how realistic that is. Also bear in mind the current value of the club is likely to increase dramatically once PIF get their feet under table and 3 million is unlikely to get you 1 per cent. This is very reliant on the good will of buyers to guarantee a purchase of 1% at an agreed price.

The way i see this playing out is the consortium offer NUST a seat on board without purchasing a stake, and they match the donation to local charities. That way everyone’s a winner and it’s good PR for new owners.

7 minutes ago, Super Duper Branko Strupar said:

If you feel that you've answered the questions suitably, you can then leave your answers there to be read and then take yourself out. If of course thats all you have to say on the matter. As you stated.

Eh? I asked the question, that's the point, in the hope of getting an answer to it. Assuming that means you've not really read what I've posted, who's being deliberately difficult and awkward now? 

Long term whether it's PIF or someone else trying to buy us, I support fan ownership  as an alternative and the Trust is the best way to do that. I'm in this for the long game - I have a 2 year old that I want to take to the match at some point. I don't care if it takes 10-15 years, if they can keep snowballing away. 

On another note, I cannot get my head around this "hard earned cash" trope - I understand if people are genuinely broke fair enough, but otherwise...chucking in £10 or £20...will you miss it? Really? I'm by no means a well off person, but I can easily spend best part of a £10 on lunch (pre-covid), or a couple of pints. I'm also sure a great deal of the people whinging about pledging are chucking money at the bookies each weekend, and while there's no judgement in doing that from me, I just find it odd that people are so so attached to a goddamn tenner...

Anyway, as I said earlier, there has to be a place for fan ownership at some point, and there is no harm in being ready. 

Edited by alijmitchell

Guest HTT II
2 minutes ago, alijmitchell said:

Long term whether it's PIF or someone else, I support fan ownership and the Trust is the best way to do that. I'm in this for the long game - I have a 2 year old that I want to take to the match at some point. I don't care if it takes 10-15 years, if they can keep snowballing away. 

On another note, I cannot get my head around this "hard earned cash" trope - I understand if people are genuinely broke fair enough, but otherwise...chucking in £10 or £20...will you miss it? Really? I'm by no means a well off person, but I can easily spend best part of a £10 on lunch (pre-covid), or a couple of pints. I'm also sure a great deal of the people whinging about pledging are chucking money at the bookies each weekend, and while there's no judgement in doing that from me, I just find it odd that people are so so attached to a goddamn tenner...

Anyway, as I said earlier, there has to be a place for fan ownership at some point, and there is no harm in being ready. 

Well said on every front :thup:

3 minutes ago, HTT II said:

Well said on every front :thup:

I mean the thing that has given me the greatest joy this season was when the fans donated the PPV money to the foodbank. At least it was something positive.

How much money are the board putting in?

What happens to any money donated if the proposed takeover or any attempt to buy a percentage in NUFC is unsuccessful?

Same goes if any future owners are not interested in selling a stake?

Sorry if this has been answered but have we found out if the money will be just laying on a bank account while we wait for a chance to buy a share of the club? 

Seems completely crazy to potentially have +1m pounds and not hiring someone to manage that fund and invest it? Even if the capital is significantly less. 

1 minute ago, Kasper said:

Sorry if this has been answered but have we found out if the money will be just laying on a bank account while we wait for a chance to buy a share of the club? 

Seems completely crazy to potentially have +1m pounds and not hiring someone to manage that fund and invest it? Even if the capital is significantly less. 

Yeah basically. Investing it would be risky with no guarantee on a return and it would also have to be managed which would incur fee’s.

5 minutes ago, Stifler said:

Yeah basically. Investing it would be risky with no guarantee on a return and it would also have to be managed which would incur fee’s.

Those fees would be peanuts compared to the profit when your capital is potentially that big. Even on something very low risk index based. I think we're pretty much losing money because of inflation if you dont invest it in something?

I seriously hope the Trust has consulted some experts about this. Would be good to add this to the FAQ as well.

Edited by Kasper

18 minutes ago, number9shirt said:

How much money are the board putting in?

What happens to any money donated if the proposed takeover or any attempt to buy a percentage in NUFC is unsuccessful?

Same goes if any future owners are not interested in selling a stake?

Don't think 'the board' is putting anything in, though I expect they're contributing as individuals. Nothing's been said about what any individual is contributing and don't think it will be.

The money is donated to north east charity if it's unsuccessful and voted to scrap it.

I don’t really get why this had to be announced today.

Would have been better to announce this during the international break or at the very end of the season.

We have a big game at the weekend and this is an unnecessary distraction.