Newcastle United Supporters Trust (NUST)

Alby

Newcastle United Supporters Trust (NUST)   

186 members have voted

1. 1. Have you / do you intend to pledge to the 1892 Pledge scheme orchestrated by the NUST?

• Yes
    • No

1 minute ago, InspectorCoarse said:

Its definitely not sane to say you dont believe it will work but will go ahead anyway - at least have some faith if you're getting involved

It is sane like, you can believe something might not be successful, but still believe its worth investing in, in the off chance it is, how do you think most start-ups get off the ground? Even more so when the worst you're doing is investing a bit to charity every month.

'Do you want to try this new pill to treat your herpes? It costs almost nothing, has no side effects and if it doesn't work we'll donate the money you spent to a foodbank'.

'No thanks, that's insane'.

I'm in two minds about this. At any other club I think it's a great idea. However at Newcastle I'm not sure our fanbase is united enough for it to work. Ashley's done an excellent job of ensuring the fans are divided.

It's awesome that some people are actually trying to do something though rather than just moaning on a forum. I'd like to think that everyone donating to this still actively boycott's anything to do with giving the club money though, including going to matches. Donating to this cause whilst paying to go to the game every week is a bit pointless, but I'm sure people know that.

26 minutes ago, Rocker said:

'Do you want to try this new pill to treat your herpes? It costs almost nothing, has no side effects and if it doesn't work we'll donate the money you spent to a foodbank'.

'No thanks, that's insane'.

’Do you want to try this new pill to treat your herpes? It costs almost nothing, has no side effects and if it doesn't work we'll donate the money you spent to a foodbank'.

’I have cancer’

Edited by Collage

54 minutes ago, InspectorCoarse said:

Definition of insanity ...

Is you posting over and over and hoping people will stop finding you boring [emoji38]

Edited by Hhtoon

21 minutes ago, Collage said:

’Do you want to try this new pill to treat your herpes? It costs almost nothing, has no side effects and if it doesn't work we'll donate the money you spent to a foodbank'.

’I have cancer’

Sorry to hear it mate. Stay strong.

32 minutes ago, Paully said:

Jesus - just looked at the reaction to this on the SMB [emoji38]

Rafa still getting several mentions I see too [emoji38]

They’d rather sit back and watch their club die.

The only positive action they do is whinge on a Football forum. For all I feel as though we could have been stronger as a fan base, them spineless cunts are an embarrassment. 

3 minutes ago, Danh1 said:

The only positive action they do is whinge on a Football forum. For all I feel as though we could have been stronger as a fan base, them spineless cunts are an embarrassment. 

Yet somehow they've fluked out with a new, wealthy owner. Makes you sick.

Just now, Doctor Zaius said:

Yet somehow they've fluked out with a new, wealthy owner. Makes you sick.

I just hope the fact that Donald and the Salmon pants wearing Tory are still around is bad news for them. 

Guest HTT II
5 minutes ago, Danh1 said:

They are in another league (literally [emoji38]when it comes to being spineless where their club is concerned. We may be a divided fanbase but we’ve been proactive over the years with Sack Pardew/Ashley Out and the NUST etc. organising things, as well as the brilliant efforts of Wor Flags.

Edited by HTT II

Just now, HTT II said:

They are in another league (literally :lol:) when it comes to being spineless where their club is concerned. We may be a divided fanbase but we’ve been proactive with Sack Pardew/Ashley Out and the NUST etc. Organising things, as well as the brilliant efforts if Wor Flags.

Aye mate, they would put anything that involves doing anything other than sitting calling Donald a cunt on Twitter “Mag behaviour”.

Guest HTT II

They literally sat back and did fuck all while their club dropped two leagues down and were being used by two chancers who have pocketed all their money. Ironically the one man that put his own money in and wrote off any debt so they could get new owners, they hated him ha ha. 

Guest HTT II
8 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Find it amazing that we can still criticise the fans of other clubs, or take any pleasure in other clubs having shit owners and/or getting relegated. Surely we know what all of that feels like by now, and it's very shit.

I take no delight in the predicament SAFC as a club has found itself in as my son is at their academy, but I have zero empathy with their fans who would rather partake more of an active interest in the demise of our own club than their own, and purely out of spite and jealousy. I’m hoping the NUST’s current initiatives will have a knock on effect at other clubs mismanaged, badly owned and ran etc, to galvanise fans across the nation to finally take a stand against bad owners and reclaim their clubs back and indeed OUR game/sport.

Edited by HTT II

Guest HTT II
3 hours ago, Ben said:

Well done on Talksport this morning Greg you spoke very well, it sounds like a lot more fans are from other clubs are considering a similar scheme.

Any links to the interviews?

Who gives a flying fuck about what Sunderland think? They're going to take the piss no matter what we do, so let them crack on being shite.

I've pledged. I have questions around the bigger plan etc. but fan ownership is something I've long had strong feelings about for a while, and I think there are some really good people involved in NUST who will improve/tweak this over time with the right direction from fans.

I trust the current crew, but there is nothing to guarantee it will be the same team in 10 years. Having £500k in the bank will attract the wrong kind of people the the board. Nobody knows what Len McCluskey will be doing in 10 years time.

1 minute ago, Happinesstan said:

I trust the current crew, but there is nothing to guarantee it will be the same team in 10 years. Having £500k in the bank will attract the wrong kind of people the the board. Nobody knows what Len McCluskey will be doing in 10 years time.

The money will be safe enough thats the responsibility of the Guardians not the board . For all i think its pie in the sky its hard to impugn their motives re £££