Newcastle United Supporters Trust (NUST)

Alby

Newcastle United Supporters Trust (NUST)   

186 members have voted

1. 1. Have you / do you intend to pledge to the 1892 Pledge scheme orchestrated by the NUST?

• Yes
    • No

1 minute ago, Joey Linton said:

Do you have a rough idea of how many people it is so far? 

When I signed up an hour ago my order number was mid 7k if that's accurate.

45 minutes ago, Rafalove said:

4,000 is a good number, but you would think/ hope that number could still grow quite significantly with our fanbase. Any idea how much the average pledge is?

Is it not just £50,000 divided by 4,000 people? 

If they even raised a few hundred grand it would be much better and far more enjoyable to just start a new club. If the donations kept up each year it could really become something. A place for local talent not to get swallowed up and sent on too early.

The idea of raising a few million to buy 1% of nufc just seems pointless compared to the journey you could have with something new.

2 hours ago, Happinesstan said:

That's mean.

Mean and average are generally synonyms. 50k/4000 wont give the mean monthly pledge though cos the 50k will include some one offs. Anyway it's probably more useful to know the median.

I'm going to pledge but am waiting a couple of months to pay off some credit card debt first. I think Hurst said on one of the videos 6 figures would be great after a month. I suspect won't reach that within a motnh as I'd imagine the increase will tale off substantially after the initial hype. Still >50K is great going as a start.

Edited by Inferior Acuña

4 minutes ago, Inferior Acuña said:

Mean and average are generally synonyms. 50k/4000 wont give the mean monthly pledge though cos the 50k will include some one offs. Anyway it's probably more useful to know the median.

I'm going to pledge but am waiting a couple of months to pay off some credit card debt first. I think Hurst said on one of the videos 6 figures would be great after a month. I suspect won't reach that within a motnh as I'd imagine the increase will tale off substantially after the initial hype. Still >50K is great going as a start.

It will give the monthly mean up until the end of the first month.

I knew the joke would be better if I had said "that's just mean", but I didn't want to edit it, for some reason.

Edited by Happinesstan

7 hours ago, Dr Jinx said:

If they even raised a few hundred grand it would be much better and far more enjoyable to just start a new club. If the donations kept up each year it could really become something. A place for local talent not to get swallowed up and sent on too early.

The idea of raising a few million to buy 1% of nufc just seems pointless compared to the journey you could have with something new.

but then you would lose the history and tradition of the club. Not everyone would swap clubs and Newcastle would end up a two club city.

2 hours ago, Rafalove said:

but then you would lose the history and tradition of the club. Not everyone would swap clubs and Newcastle would end up a two club city.

Why would that be a negative? Two clubs in one city I mean? It would take decades to build up a club to be truly considered a rival for nufc anyway.

If the club did get a takeover, a new entity could link up and be a source of local talent. If history over the last 50 years has taught anything is that some of the best talent England have ever produced has come from this region and that nufc has let most of it pass them by.

59 minutes ago, Dr Jinx said:

Why would that be a negative? Two clubs in one city I mean? It would take decades to build up a club to be truly considered a rival for nufc anyway.

If the club did get a takeover, a new entity could link up and be a source of local talent. If history over the last 50 years has taught anything is that some of the best talent England have ever produced has come from this region and that nufc has let most of it pass them by.

It would be a terrible thing. You’d end up splitting the supporter base and end up with two medium sized football clubs making Sunderland the biggest club in the region

17 minutes ago, Rafalove said:

It would be a terrible thing. You’d end up splitting the supporter base and end up with two medium sized football clubs making Sunderland the biggest club in the region

What are you on about? 😂 who’s talking about dividing the fan base?

39 minutes ago, Inferior Acuña said:

This Super League bollocks highlights the value of this kind of approach. Honestly I'd prefer the scenario of the club tumbling down the divisions and getting a substantial stake.

Would the proposed model have allowed the Trust to veto our involvement in this? Not that we'd ever get there under Ashley obviously.