Newcastle United Supporters Trust (NUST)

Alby

Newcastle United Supporters Trust (NUST)   

186 members have voted

1. 1. Have you / do you intend to pledge to the 1892 Pledge scheme orchestrated by the NUST?

• Yes
    • No

1 hour ago, Whitley mag said:

Interesting that we are always told that the trust isn’t a protest movement. Seems like MUST think differently and organised yesterday’s protest. We’ve had no bigger issue in our clubs recent history than the blocked PCP takeover. People would be naive to think that MUFC supporters protesting yesterday all want 50+1, they just want rid of the Glazers and would be ecstatic at the Saudis coming in for them.

As the largest supporters trust in the country surely NUST could muster a similar protest at St Jame’s, after all 97% of the membership backs this takeover. 50+1 is idealistic and a pipe dream in my opinion, we should be fighting tooth and nail to get this takeover through.

Yesterday wasn’t an example of how we should all be fighting for fan ownership, it was that we should demand good and responsible ownership such as Leicester City. It also shows us that the likes of Liverpool and Man U fans would not have accepted the PL blocking a transformative takeover of them. The NUST made a great start in demanding answers, however they accepted the PL’s version of events, and have simply moved on to other projects. The takeover of our club should still be at the forefront of their thinking. 

The likes of Arsenal, Man U and other fans would bite your arm off for the Saudis. We should be ramping up the pressure on the PL at every opportunity. The return of fans in coming weeks should be used by us to vocally and visually leave the PL in no doubt about what we think of this blocked takeover. The eyes of the trust should still be on a realistic, attainable and transformative takeover of our club.

https://www.imust.org.uk/Blog/Entry/protest-at-2pm-outside-old-trafford-before-liverpool-match

I was wondering what the Trusts of these clubs were doing about it. Interesting that ours seems so against this sort of action.

It infuriates me more that I think about it. They have a great platform to launch something from, literally have most of the NE sports media available to support them.

What do they do with it? Launch a fucking ridiculous pipedream which will do absolutely fuck all but satisfies the board’s desires to stroke their own egos.

How fucking easy would it have been to organise a peaceful protest outside SJP? They have 16,000+ members ffs. They’d only need 10% of them to turn up to make it worthwhile. Huge amount of money sitting in a bank account doing fuck all. Imagine the banners, the leaflets, the costumes etc that could have been organised?

They don’t represent their membership at all. Their members have told them time and time again what they want. They don’t fucking listen and waste opportunity after opportunity to get something done.

Guest neesy111

The issue I'm seeing with the trust is everything is too democratic and too procedural.

Guest neesy111
Just now, InspectorCoarse said:

Democratic ? You mean if most of the members voted for protest they would abide by that and organise one ?

Aye , reet ...

I'd bet most of those who voted for protest wouldn't even bother joining in though, this has been seen in the past multiple times.

3 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

It infuriates me more that I think about it. They have a great platform to launch something from, literally have most of the NE sports media available to support them.

What do they do with it? Launch a fucking ridiculous pipedream which will do absolutely fuck all but satisfies the board’s desires to stroke their own egos.

How fucking easy would it have been to organise a peaceful protest outside SJP? They have 16,000+ members ffs. They’d only need 10% of them to turn up to make it worthwhile. Huge amount of money sitting in a bank account doing fuck all. Imagine the banners, the leaflets, the costumes etc that could have been organised?

They don’t represent their membership at all. Their members have told them time and time again what they want. They don’t fucking listen and waste opportunity after opportunity to get something done.

Why would anyone need costumes etc in order to protest ? Did the Man U fans have much in the way of that ? No , they just got up off their arses and did something . 

1 minute ago, neesy111 said:

I'd bet most of those who voted for protest wouldn't even bother joining in though, this has been seen in the past multiple times.

Missing my point - NUST when it comes to the issue of protest isnt democratic 

Guest neesy111
2 minutes ago, InspectorCoarse said:

Missing my point - NUST when it comes to the issue of protest isnt democratic 

Example?

4 minutes ago, InspectorCoarse said:

Why would anyone need costumes etc in order to protest ? Did the Man U fans have much in the way of that ? No , they just got up off their arses and did something . 

I don’t disagree. I was just explaining the Trust with their membership and resources could make it bigger and better than anything seen before - which would encourage people to show up.

3 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

I don’t disagree. I was just explaining the Trust with their membership and resources could make it bigger and better than anything seen before - which would encourage people to show up.

But protest  doesnt need all the accoutrements  you describe - it doesnt need costumes , banners , people dressed as vicars etc - it just needs people who believe in the justness of their cause . 

Edited by InspectorCoarse

Guest HTT II

NUST are not and never should be a protest group, they are going about things the right way if a bit too quietly. But I would like them to align with fan trusts and groups of other clubs and somehow come together to demonstrate that we all want our game, sport and clubs back etc.

15 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

I mean they literally built most of their membership on the back of false promises regarding protests when Rafa left.

They can’t protest though, that’ll affect Alex’s chances of getting to sit in a posh box at a match.

Why worry about the current state of affairs? What has happened in the last couple of years to get upset about?

It’s much better to build a friendship with some chap in the fan engagement team who has no authority to do anything. Also great to buy 1% of the club in 6 years to do absolutely nothing with. Pissing in the wind that project, when we’ve been screaming for action for years.

That first paragraph is what sums them up for me. They chased members pretending to be a protest group against the background of rafa leaving, but once they've got them they've no real intention of rocking the boat with the club. 

They did a huge membership survey while back and rather than act on the results of it, the response was "well we've sent it to the club". They simply won't ask the question of their members about any form of serious protest, because they don't want the answer that they'll get. 

They also used the premier league "meeting" as a membership chase then pretty much shut up shop on the discussion once they'd had it. 

If anything i think the stuff we saw yesterday (whilst some of it was clearly too much) showed exactly how far behind the Trust are with this sort of thing. 

3 minutes ago, HTT II said:

NUST are not and never should be a protest group, they are going about things the right way if a bit too quietly. But I would like them to align with fan trusts and groups of other clubs and somehow come together to demonstrate that we all want our game, sport and clubs back etc.

Do we want our club back? I thought we wanted to give it to the Saudis 

4 minutes ago, InspectorCoarse said:

But protest  doesnt need all the accoutrements  you describe - it doesnt need costumes , banners , people dressed as vicars etc - it just needs people who believe in the justness of their cause . 

I didn’t say it needed those things at all. What I was pointing out was NUST has great resources (16,000+ members, a load of money in the bank and links to local media and NUFC legends) to make something of it.

An organised protest using those resources will obviously be much more effective than 5 blokes on Twitter trying to do it on their own, as you’ve suggested.

2 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

I didn’t say it needed those things at all. What I was pointing out was NUST has great resources (16,000+ members, a load of money in the bank and links to local media and NUFC legends) to make something of it.

An organised protest using those resources will obviously be much more effective than 5 blokes on Twitter trying to do it on their own, as you’ve suggested.

The Man U protests suggest otherwise 

Edited by InspectorCoarse
spelling

Just now, InspectorCoarse said:

Yeah but their trust is miles away from what ours is about . You can ask ours to organise protest all you want but they will run away

Well that’s exactly my point - our Trust should start being more reflective of the present day and their membership rather than serving their own interests.

Is Greg still a ST holder like Alex? That’ll be the biggest pinchpoint. None of them want to do anything constructive that’ll see them banned.

2 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

Well that’s exactly my point - our Trust should start being more reflective of the present day and their membership rather than serving their own interests.

Is Greg still a ST holder like Alex? That’ll be the biggest pinchpoint. None of them want to do anything constructive that’ll see them banned.

Cant see it happening theyre too esconced in their cosy roles 

Guest reefatoon

give-quiche-a-chance.jpg

form a protest against Ashley? Well we will certainly take that on board. What I propose is we all save up money for ages and then 6 years down the line we give it to charity. 

NUST have until the end of the season to organise similar to what Man Utd have done or I'm cancelling my DD.  Since they announced their campaign they have done nothing bar a few forelock-tugging e-mails.

Too busy being virtuous and wanting a pat on the back for 'doing the right thing' (surrendering the entire fund to charity after an unspecified time frame after a period of weak diplomacy) while the club goes to wreck and ruin.

All of the while Ashley is laughing his cock off because he knows we are spineless cunts and wouldn't dream of doing anything to the level we saw from Man Utd fans yesterday.