Newcastle United Supporters Trust (NUST)

Alby

Newcastle United Supporters Trust (NUST)   

186 members have voted

1. 1. Have you / do you intend to pledge to the 1892 Pledge scheme orchestrated by the NUST?

• Yes
    • No

40 minutes ago, InspectorCoarse said:

That Alex cant wait till hes allowed back in the ground . point is dont hang around waiting for NUST to organise anything - theyre too busy counting their Charidee fund 

That's all you need to know, the only change will come from you not them

Linda Bush from NUST was recently on the radio championing the 50+1 model and denouncing rich owners. The Trust later came out and said they backed the takeover and acted upon the 97% of it’s members.

However, for me the Trust need to clarify what their current stance is. Do they prefer 50+1 or Saudi ownership, because let’s be clear they’re not compatible objectives.

If I was a betting man I’d back the majority of our support would want the PCP consortium as opposed to a bunch of fans running the club. Let’s be honest as a fan base we can’t organise a piss up in a brewery never mind run a football club.

It’s clear to me that if the trust are backing 50+1, then in effect they are against the PCP takeover. They simply cannot back both as they are incompatible.

The idea of rich owners allowing fans to make key decisions after spending 340 million on the club is ludicrous. As a fan base we argue and agree on nothing, the fan members on the board would be accused of being self publicists and attention seekers.

The trust need to wise up and come clean, if this is about an emergency fund if we do a Sunderland fair enough. Otherwise if it truly is about 50+1 then it’s not for me, I choose owners with the finance and nouse to take us to the next level every time.

Edited by Whitley mag

" It’s clear to me that if the trust are backing 50+1, then in effect they are against the PCP takeover. They simply cannot back both as they are incompatible.

The idea of rich owners allowing fans to make key decisions after spending 340 million on the club is ludicrous. As a fan base we argue and agree on nothing, the fan members on the board would be accused of being self publicists and attention seekers." 

Dont try talking them round by talking sense to them

1 hour ago, reefatoon said:

give-quiche-a-chance.jpg

form a protest against Ashley? Well we will certainly take that on board. What I propose is we all save up money for ages and then 6 years down the line we give it to charity. 

Was just thinking of this exact scene as I scrolled down the page :lol: And if that doesn't work I think we pull out all the stops with a major - and I mean major - leafletting campaign.

2 hours ago, neesy111 said:

I'd bet most of those who voted for protest wouldn't even bother joining in though, this has been seen in the past multiple times.

Nail on head.

Too many people bump their gums online but when push comes to shove, can't be bothered to get off their arses and do anything. And then you've got the absolute bellends who went out of their way to attack and belittle the Magpie Group for anything they tried.

Until that changes, Ashley will continue to treat the club's support with utter contempt.

The trust is in a difficult position - becoming a protest movement may jeopardise some of the other work the trust do in relation to the club.

The majority of fans are sick of ashleys ownership and want him out so theres clearly a gap in the market for a 'protest group' but as weve seen with other protests, there a bit crap.

If there was an actual organised group who can focus the fans, raise awareness in the media and just generally be a nuisance, especially with the saudis mooching about in the background, surely that can only be a good thing?

As fans we often talk about the clubs potential, but what about ours? the fans potential? Are we really happy sitting at home moaning about bruce, penfold, ashley, bishop, et al?

1 minute ago, InspectorCoarse said:

" It’s clear to me that if the trust are backing 50+1, then in effect they are against the PCP takeover. They simply cannot back both as they are incompatible.

The idea of rich owners allowing fans to make key decisions after spending 340 million on the club is ludicrous. As a fan base we argue and agree on nothing, the fan members on the board would be accused of being self publicists and attention seekers." 

Dont try talking them round by talking sense to them

It’s also noticeable that Liverpool and Man City fans have not organised the same level of protest as Man U and Arsenal.

There is no way City fans would want rid of Mansour to be replaced 50+1. We all know Arsenal and Man U fans have latched on to the ESL objections to try and get rid of Kroenke and the Glazers. This is nothing to do with 50 + 1 they simply want owners that will take them back to the top.

Would they object to the Saudi’s would they hell. 

The narrative is certainly there for us to protest more than anyone else. We’ve been shafted by the PL and the so called big 6. I still believe the NUST are the one organisation who could arrange something, and after the MUST’s efforts I don’t accept that this is not their role.

3 minutes ago, UncleBingo said:

Nail on head.

Too many people bump their gums online but when push comes to shove, can't be bothered to get off their arses and do anything. And then you've got the absolute bellends who went out of their way to attack and belittle the Magpie Group for anything they tried.

Until that changes, Ashley will continue to treat the club's support with utter contempt.

As I said earlier, the Trust would only need to encourage 10% of their members to attend for a successful protest.

That’s even before you consider how many others a professional and well organised event could attract.

I also think the fanbase have moved on significantly since previous protests. Rafa leaving, the Saudi takeover and Bruceball have broken a lot of camel’s backs.

7 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

As I said earlier, the Trust would only need to encourage 10% of their members to attend for a successful protest.

That’s even before you consider how many others a professional and well organised event could attract.

I also think the fanbase have moved on significantly since previous protests. Rafa leaving, the Saudi takeover and Bruceball have broken a lot of camel’s backs.

Why do the Trust need to organise things? There were plenty of well publicised protests organised by the Magpie Group but 90% of people did fuck all.....although I'm glad that a sizeable chunk seemed to have walked away.

Were you involved in the protests two years ago by the way?

Just now, UncleBingo said:

Why do the Trust need to organise things?

If they actually ask their members and that's what they want, that's what they should do. If there's not the interest in it they shouldn't. Saying "that's not what we're about" without asking the members doesn't really wash I'm afraid.

16 minutes ago, Lazarus said:

The trust is in a difficult position - becoming a protest movement may jeopardise some of the other work the trust do in relation to the club.

The majority of fans are sick of ashleys ownership and want him out so theres clearly a gap in the market for a 'protest group' but as weve seen with other protests, there a bit crap.

If there was an actual organised group who can focus the fans, raise awareness in the media and just generally be a nuisance, especially with the saudis mooching about in the background, surely that can only be a good thing?

As fans we often talk about the clubs potential, but what about ours? the fans potential? Are we really happy sitting at home moaning about bruce, penfold, ashley, bishop, et al?

Unfortunately most of our fans aren't happy sitting at home moaning about Bruce and Co. They go to the games and moan about Bruce and Co. 

14 minutes ago, Joey Linton said:

If they actually ask their members and that's what they want, that's what they should do. If there's not the interest in it they shouldn't. Saying "that's not what we're about" without asking the members doesn't really wash I'm afraid.

They've made it categorically clear that they are not a protest group, so those joining shouldn't expect them to be. 

3 minutes ago, UncleBingo said:

They've made it categorically clear that they are not a protest group, so those joining shouldn't expect them to be. 

Categorically untrue around the time Rafa left. And they are supposed to be what their members want them to be - that's the whole point. One member, one vote. 

3 hours ago, neesy111 said:

I'd bet most of those who voted for protest wouldn't even bother joining in though, this has been seen in the past multiple times.

People don't take part in what they vote for. That's why they vote for it. How many MPs took part in the action on Syria?

22 minutes ago, Joey Linton said:

Categorically untrue around the time Rafa left. And they are supposed to be what their members want them to be - that's the whole point. One member, one vote. 

As far as I'm aware they never actually called for protest when Rafa left? Happy to be corrected on that point.

'The Trust’s primary focus is and always will be surrounding Newcastle United. Sometimes these issues are similar to those faced by fans of other clubs, as a league and at a national level. The Trust will work alongside other Trusts to ensure Newcastle United are fairly represented on a national and international level.

Our main areas of work have been around ticket pricing, fan safety, fixture scheduling, and St James’ Park.'

28 minutes ago, UncleBingo said:

As far as I'm aware they never actually called for protest when Rafa left? Happy to be corrected on that point.

'The Trust’s primary focus is and always will be surrounding Newcastle United. Sometimes these issues are similar to those faced by fans of other clubs, as a league and at a national level. The Trust will work alongside other Trusts to ensure Newcastle United are fairly represented on a national and international level.

Our main areas of work have been around ticket pricing, fan safety, fixture scheduling, and St James’ Park.'

Great work; our standard season ticket prices are higher than every other club, outwith Arsenal, Chelsea, Spurs, Man Utd and Liverpool.

The fixture scheduling; how many Monday night away matches in a row for NUFC?

St James' Park; well the less said about that the better, but basically it's a shithole, inside and out.

25 minutes ago, Sima said:

More handwringing.

I just don't get the approach at all. After what happened yesterday it's an ideal time to be building pressure. Yet here we are with an ad hoc list of clubs who definitely have it worse than us. Wtf. 

2 hours ago, UncleBingo said:

Why do the Trust need to organise things? There were plenty of well publicised protests organised by the Magpie Group but 90% of people did fuck all.....although I'm glad that a sizeable chunk seemed to have walked away.

Were you involved in the protests two years ago by the way?

I was involved in them. I’ve been involved in most of them, apart from the Cardiff game as I was on holiday.

As I’ve repeated many times, it’d be best managed by the Trust because they have the resources to organise a successful one.

Hurst has promoted the 50+1 petition. I agree with that but Trust need to have a think about this while enthusiastically backing the PCP takeover.

I don't think it's totally incompatible to back a billionaire takeover while supporting 50+1, one can be a non-ideal short-term goal and another a long term goal. But it needs more though (this is the Saudi state FFS). Also understand he can be acting in personal capacity, but ...