Newcastle United Supporters Trust (NUST)

Alby

Newcastle United Supporters Trust (NUST)   

186 members have voted

1. 1. Have you / do you intend to pledge to the 1892 Pledge scheme orchestrated by the NUST?

• Yes
    • No

i've joined countless protests.

i've boycotted, i've walked in late, i've walked out early, i've help hand out leaflets inside the ground and outside.

each time i've been abused and mocked by fellow fans.

as someone said earlier - ticket pricing, scheduling, facilities... none of these have been addressed by the club despite NUST's efforts.

the priority above all else is to get ashley out. doesnt matter if the club's on the verge of being sold or not (we never get told the truth anyway).

9 hours ago, Joey Linton said:

Oh the old it could be worse chestnut. We could of fallen a few divisions/went bust. Well it could be better. Did some ground hopping since I jacked my ticket. Trying to do the 92. I've been envious of lower league fans at some of the places I've visited cos their owners want their clubs to be as good as they can be. The fans can wholeheartedly back their side and are valued.

Admittedly I hastily skimmed over the opening and key line of those tweets re hierarchy and was blinded by the Ashley/Glazer, Pompey, Charlton stuff. Still feel many fans think along those lines of it could be worse and so accept our plight though.

Good stuff though pledges started to dry up towards the end of month

would seem to be around 60k worth of pledges a month, so about 700k a year. Don’t get me wrong that’s a pretty good number but if Hearts fans can raise 125-50k a month surely we can do better?

5 hours ago, Rafalove said:

Good stuff though pledges started to dry up towards the end of month

would seem to be around 60k worth of pledges a month, so about 700k a year. Don’t get me wrong that’s a pretty good number but if Hearts fans can raise 125-50k a month surely we can do better?

Think that situation was quite different - weren't they raising the money with the immediate prospect of buying the club outright? There's not the same sense of urgency or potential here.

45 minutes ago, Inferior Acuña said:

Think that situation was quite different - weren't they raising the money with the immediate prospect of buying the club outright? There's not the same sense of urgency or potential here.

They were also literally paying money in to save the club from liquidation. 

It was launched well over a month ago, right? 3 April I think. So the majority of the reoccurring monthly payments would’ve already come out as most of the 60k was pledged really quickly.

A recent increase of 20k seems to suggest there isn’t many monthly subscribers and a majority of the initial were one-offs.

Good takeover news will possibly reduce the appetite lower than it already was too. 

Edited by Fantail Breeze

31 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

It was launched well over a month ago, right? 3 April I think. So the majority of the reoccurring monthly payments would’ve already come out as most of the 60k was pledged really quickly.

A recent increase of 20k seems to suggest there isn’t many monthly subscribers and a majority of the initial were one-offs.

Good takeover news will possibly reduce the appetite lower than it already was too. 

It would be interesting to know the value of the largest say half a dozen donations in that initial phase too, obviously without names attached to see what share of the total they made up.

• 2 weeks later...

I have watched with interest the other supporters groups, particularly the top 6 and how they have, in a short space of time, won concessions with their clubs by organised protests against the owners.

I must admit he NUST stance of not been a protest group is really making me question my membership and my monthly contributions, I'll see what happens over the summer but if nothing has changed by the time the season starts, I'm out.

Guest HTT II
7 minutes ago, Ben said:

I have watched with interest the other supporters groups, particularly the top 6 and how they have, in a short space of time, won concessions with their clubs by organised protests against the owners.

I must admit he NUST stance of not been a protest group is really making me question my membership and my monthly contributions, I'll see what happens over the summer but if nothing has changed by the time the season starts, I'm out.

I’m still firmly on the side of NUST and I support the pledge scheme 100% and to be fair, as a supporters trust they are in their infancy compared to most and to be even fairer to them, we don’t have the kind of militant or united fanbase other clubs like LFC, Man Utd et al do when it comes to protests etc. Just look at the opposition to the (successful for me) Sack Pardew and Ashley Out campaigns. The trust has some very good people behind the scenes none more so than our very own @Greg and fans/members of the trust like myself and you I suppose need to perhaps voice our thoughts in bigger numbers to them to address the issues you’ve rightly raised and ideally in the immediate future would be exactly what our Trust stands for.

Edited by HTT II

100% agree the trust and pledge are ran by genuine people that only want the best for the club, but with regards to achievements, when was the last time a fans forum took place, Ashley and Charnely never communicate with fans, even after promises to do so, there seems to be little to no pressure on them to do so, reporters are banned again, not a word from the trust, St James is falling to bits, not a word from the trust.

Personally I think we need action at the minute we don't even get words.

Guest HTT II
2 minutes ago, Ben said:

100% agree the trust and pledge are ran by genuine people that only want the best for the club, but with regards to achievements, when was the last time a fans forum took place, Ashley and Charnely never communicate with fans, even after promises to do so, there seems to be little to no pressure on them to do so, reporters are banned again, not a word from the trust, St James is falling to bits, not a word from the trust.

I agree 100% by the way, I just feel everyone rightly or wrongly is unsure right now of the best course of action to take due to the never ending takeover saga. Long term the pledge scheme for me, however, is going to be crucial to our fanbase, under Ashley or not. It’s like an insurance policy for me. 

Edited by HTT II

Guest HTT II

Also we have one of the most pathetic, spineless, divided and apathetic fanbase in sport never mind football and a lot of that is down to the success Ashley has had on disenfranchising fans and the over a decade mediocrity where a large percentage of today’s fans know nothing but an Ashley, Pardew, Bruce type NUFC all rolled into one. It’s a shite state of affairs Tommy!

Edited by HTT II

SOS are brilliant tot be fair. Wouldn’t quite say I’m jealous, as there are great people at NUST, but in some ways I’m envious of Liverpool fans as a whole. They manage to come together when needed and do what is best for their club. That’s not the fault of NUST, that’s the fault of the NUFC fanbase. Too many ego’s. 
so many different factions in our supporter base. Even with NUST being the largest supporters trust in the country were still split and divided.

Guest HTT II
1 minute ago, Rafalove said:

SOS are brilliant tot be fair. Wouldn’t quite say I’m jealous, as there are great people at NUST, but in some ways I’m envious of Liverpool fans as a whole. They manage to come together when needed and do what is best for their club. That’s not the fault of NUST, that’s the fault of the NUFC fanbase. Too many ego’s. 
so many different factions in our supporter base. Even with NUST being the largest supporters trust in the country were still split and divided.

Exactly, it’s crazy that we have the biggest supporters trust, you would never think so...

I’m jealous of LFC fans despite their moaning, self righteousness, entitlement and woe is me pity me attitudes because they have always rallied together as fans for the good of their club and against often insurmountable forces, Justice for the 96 for example, boycotting the sun and helping get rid of their previous owners. Mind it helps they have so many famous celebrity fans and vociferous ex players on their side. I love Shearer but the likes of Neville and Carragher have risen to the defence of their respective fans and their causes massively where as our former players and celeb fans have done fuck all for our plight, much like most of the fanbase itself I suppose... 

It’s weird 10-15 years ago, we had probably the most militant fanbase in England and now we have one of the least. I remember watching SSN, don’t remember exactly when but there were protests outside the stadium round the clock, might have been after the Keegan fiasco, might have been earlier like when Souness was stinking the place up.

We had mass protests at Hull after Keegan left. Then there was an incredibly strong media campaign against our club and fans, and we bottled it. Seemingly for good. Which is where you have to give Liverpool fans credit, because they just don’t give a fuck like we do. Perhaps the Hillsbrough disaster forced them to be that way. I mean they fought against a pretty constant stream of shit for aslong as 23 years. There in lies the problem Liverpool fans care more about doing well for themselves and their club than looking good where as we are vice-versa.

Also excellent point about well known figures whether celebs or ex players coming out for the cause. Where as we had Beardsley, licking Ashley’s boot. And the rest saying nothing.

he should never be forgiven for that, among all the other Shite he’s done.

Edited by Rafalove

41 minutes ago, Ben said:

Really? 

I think that’s the entire issue with the Trust. More concerned about their own profile and/or getting into bed with the club rather than genuinely being a voice of their members.

The key reason they’ll never ask serious questions of the club or encourage a real protest is because they know their STs will end up getting booted.

As others have said - trying to organise the Dulux colour of the walls in the lounge whilst the house is burning to the ground. Pointless.

Guest HTT II
9 minutes ago, Rafalove said:

Also excellent point about well known figures whether celebs or ex players coming out for the cause. Where as we had Beardsley, licking Ashley’s boot. And the rest saying nothing.

he should never be forgiven for that, among all the other Shite he’s done.

Aye, Beardsley showed his true colours under Ashley, a self serving, racist jobs for the boys cunt who used his ‘former player’ status to profit from the club and even aided in its demise as he was an atrocious coach/academy influencer which we will feel the long lasting damaging repercussions of such at our club for a while yet. And his son... who works for the academy, another jumped up little bell-end bully boy like his dad. I can’t stand the man personally, not after a talk-in I attended where all he talked about was LFC, ripped into KK and said Bobby, in the dressing room after the 1990 WC semi defeat to Germany, blamed the players for losing him his knighthood. Gazza, Butcher, John Barnes et al and others have ridiculed his ‘story’ as nothing more than a cheap anecdotal lie to make his otherwise boring, dull and shite talk-ins a bit spicy. He got rightly and roundly booed that night. He’s as false as Bruce and Pardew to the core, honestly, Ashley as much as I hate the cunt, is more honest. 

Edited by HTT II

Guest HTT II
2 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

Really? 

I think that’s the entire issue with the Trust. More concerned about their own profile and/or getting into bed with the club rather than genuinely being a voice of their members.

The key reason they’ll never ask serious questions of the club or encourage a real protest is because they know their STs will end up getting booted.

As others have said - trying to organise the Dulux colour of the walls in the lounge whilst the house is burning to the ground. Pointless.

Nah that’s not the case at all, maybe originally, but not now and it’s a fully democratic trust btw, you can vote to have a say/influence... 

Just now, HTT II said:

Nah that’s not the case at all, maybe originally, but not now and it’s a fully democratic trust btw, you can vote to have a say/influence... 

What vote did you make in the decision to not protest, or the decision to start up a pledge?

Guest HTT II
1 minute ago, Fantail Breeze said:

What vote did you make in the decision to not protest, or the decision to start up a pledge?

I haven’t voted at all, or engaged with NUST other than pledge some money to the pledge scheme. I’d vote for Greg however period and as long as he’s on the Trust I’m 100% certain as fans, we are well represented. If you have any issues, raise it with them (not having a go btw), I just don’t buy this self serving self promotion shtick with them today, not when I know one or two of them and can guarantee that’s the furthest from the truth and always will be as long as they are involved. Again NUST are in its infancy and due to the takeover saga, what’s the best cause of action to take right now? That and you have to accept, as a fanbase, we are about as useless as a fucking chocolate fire-guard or a water pistol trying to put out a huge fire. Or Bruce at being a manager, Ashley an owner... the problem lies with the fanbase, NUST are a (positive) solution regardless as a conduit between fans and club in any climate.