Newcastle United Supporters Trust (NUST)

Alby

Newcastle United Supporters Trust (NUST)   

186 members have voted

1. 1. Have you / do you intend to pledge to the 1892 Pledge scheme orchestrated by the NUST?

• Yes
    • No

5 minutes ago, Pokerprince2004 said:

Good statement that, better than I thought they'd do. Well done lads :thup:

It is a decent statement.

I just hope their next tweets aren't "Why not join the trust?" or "Sign up to the pledge". 

Good statement but I sincerely hope it’s going to be followed up by further action.

I’m not asking then to chain themselves to the PL HQ. But there needs to be intense and relentless pressure put on the Government and the PL at this ideal time.

Ashley has loaded the cannons and they need to be fired. Regardless of my thoughts on Ashley or the potential of this going through, we should all be doing anything we can to force the PL’s hand.

Decent enough statement, but they missed a trick not involving the wider football fraternity by alluding to the ESL and disconnect with fans. 

Also, whilst they're right about Ashley's hypocrisy, I don't think now is the time to provide an alternative narrarive to the club's statement when we should all be laser focused on what's at stake, imo, of course. 

Edited by Thumbheed

Just now, Thumbheed said:

Also, whilst they're right about Ashley's hypocrisy, I don't think now is the time to provide an alternative narrative to the club's statement, when it should be laser focused on what's at stake, imo, of course. 

Exactly what I thought. The last paragraph was a completely unnecessary bit of point scoring. All it shows to the PL is the chinks in our armour.

Just now, Wandy said:

Exactly what I thought. The last paragraph was a completely unnecessary bit of point scoring. All it shows to the PL is the chinks in our armour.

Yep. Already seeing alot of posts referring the hypocrisy when the focus should be on exactly what the club is trying to achieve. 

16 minutes ago, Joey Linton said:

It is a decent statement.

I just hope their next tweets aren't "Why not join the trust?" or "Sign up to the pledge". 

The more of us (often cynical) supporters who join the Trust, the better.

That is my opinion, "other opinions may differ", I know!

The Premier League previously spoke about confidentiality during confidential processes (the submissions involving their Owners and Directors test). From a supporter's perspective we cannot understand why there needs to be confidentiality if both Newcastle United and the consortium trying to buy the club agree to make everything public. For who then must there be confidentiality?

It raises questions about who the Premier League is trying to protect by not releasing information.

These questions need to be asked by every NUFC fans to the PL, in my opinion...

43 minutes ago, Wandy said:

As much as I think its unnecessary, I'm sure the PL were already aware of the situation at NUFC without the Trust statement.  Makes no odds imo. 

44 minutes ago, Rocker said:

Just watched Steve Wraith ripping NUST on his twitter account.

He's just accused of them of being holier-than-now.  He said it twice :anguish:

Accusing other people of looking after their own agenda with a straight face too. He’s a better ‘actor’ than I thought to be fair. 

Utterly shameless. Wish he’d just fuck off right thou. 

@Greg is there any way we can ask or expect supporters trusts of other clubs to get involved at least in asking for transparency?

All of the clubs outside the "big 6" have already had to deal with the clandestine dealings of the super league. With rumoured knowledge of the PL. Add in the suspicions of certain people that certain big 6 clubs have the power to lobby and influence the PL over this takeover. Surely we can find some allies willing to cosign these statements requiring the PL explain their process. That alone would be in their interests and hold weight given the SL developments. Think its time all the other PL clubs club together and force their hand. Itd also be hugely more influencial than just us doing it.

Edited by Super Duper Branko Strupar

3 minutes ago, Joey Linton said:

Another letter. 

So? Every little helps. Or would you rather be complaining that people and organisations aren’t doing anything? 

Edited by Manxst

3 minutes ago, Manxst said:

So? Every little helps. Or would you rather be complaining that people and organisations aren’t doing anything? 

I just think they went through all this a year ago, got their audience with Masters, then said they were stepping back from it. Now everyone else has written a letter / made a statement they've written one too. 

2 minutes ago, Joey Linton said:

I just think they went through all this a year ago, got their audience with Masters, then said they were stepping back from it. Now everyone else has written a letter / made a statement they've written one too. 

And? Why shouldn’t they? You seem

to be criticising an organisation for doing what they can to add weight to our potential takeover? What do you think they should be doing right now? Nothing? 

Just now, Manxst said:

And? Why shouldn’t they? You seem

to be criticising an organisation for doing what they can to add weight to our potential takeover? What do you think they should be doing right now? Nothing? 

I think they should've kept the pressure on when it was building after their meeting with Masters. They had a foot in the door then so they said, they should've built on it.

The letter is just yet another piece of writing amongst all of  the other interviews / statements / MP letters of the last week. The government will fob it off on that basis. 

8 minutes ago, Joey Linton said:

I think they should've kept the pressure on when it was building after their meeting with Masters. They had a foot in the door then so they said, they should've built on it.

The letter is just yet another piece of writing amongst all of  the other interviews / statements / MP letters of the last week. The government will fob it off on that basis. 

On reading the update it appears they have been keeping pressure on PL just through different avenues such as the fan led review into football governance.

It appears they did get fobbed off by masters with the promise of transparency at a later date. It feels apt that they call upon that now when momentum has built up again.

I'd love the trust to be a bit more militant at times, but it's not going to happen I don't think.

6 minutes ago, Joey Linton said:

So you’re criticising their timing rather than their action? When other people are also writing letters to various parties and people this week, you choose to pick on NUST. Where is your condemnation of Chi, or Staveley? I can well imagine you criticising and scoffing had NUST written a letter after the Masters meeting as you ask, stating what the point was in acting by themselves.
One day, if you keep practising hard, you may well be as intelligent and eloquent as your mate Fanny in your negativity. Today is not that day- stick to merely liking your mates posts instead. 

3 minutes ago, Manxst said:

So you’re criticising their timing rather than their action? When other people are also writing letters to various parties and people this week, you choose to pick on NUST. Where is your condemnation of Chi, or Staveley? I can well imagine you criticising and scoffing had NUST written a letter after the Masters meeting as you ask, stating what the point was in acting by themselves.
One day, if you keep practising hard, you may well be as intelligent and eloquent as your mate Fanny in your negativity. Today is not that day- stick to merely liking your mates posts instead. 

Think you’ll find Joey boy thinks it’s all a waste of time

1 hour ago, Super Duper Branko Strupar said:

@Greg is there any way we can ask or expect supporters trusts of other clubs to get involved at least in asking for transparency?

All of the clubs outside the "big 6" have already had to deal with the clandestine dealings of the super league. With rumoured knowledge of the PL. Add in the suspicions of certain people that certain big 6 clubs have the power to lobby and influence the PL over this takeover. Surely we can find some allies willing to cosign these statements requiring the PL explain their process. That alone would be in their interests and hold weight given the SL developments. Think its time all the other PL clubs club together and force their hand. Itd also be hugely more influencial than just us doing it.

I've spoken to almost all of them, bar a few there is very little interest in this.