Newcastle United Supporters Trust (NUST)

Alby

Newcastle United Supporters Trust (NUST)   

186 members have voted

1. 1. Have you / do you intend to pledge to the 1892 Pledge scheme orchestrated by the NUST?

• Yes
    • No

1 hour ago, Joey Linton said:

I just think they went through all this a year ago, got their audience with Masters, then said they were stepping back from it. Now everyone else has written a letter / made a statement they've written one too. 

So fans have been pressing them to get involved more, now they do that they all of a sudden are jumping on a band wagon?

On 06/07/2021 at 20:47, Greg said:

I've spoken to almost all of them, bar a few there is very little interest in this. 

The trust need to get this story on the BBC & ITV national news. Are the trust going to do anything to try to make this happen? 

1 minute ago, Super Duper Branko Strupar said:

It's already national news, Stavely was on ITV  :lol: 

Wrong. That was Tyne Tees. It was not on the ITV national news.

Will a shitload of publicity actually change the facts of the case though? Interviews, as positive as they are, won't change the actual facts upon which the court's decisions will be made though, surely. They'll look at the evidence from both sides presented in court and come to a decision based upon what they're given. 'Pressure' from fans won't matter at all in the court. 

18 minutes ago, Super Duper Branko Strupar said:

:lol: Devva eh?

Oi, Greg and the lads. Get on the tele and shout about the takeover. Fuckin layabouts. Even Wraithy done it. 

Well said, couldn't have put it better myself. You forgot to mention the bit about "stop pissing about with a hair brained fan ownership scheme" though.

14 minutes ago, midds said:

Will a shitload of publicity actually change the facts of the case though? Interviews, as positive as they are, won't change the actual facts upon which the court's decisions will be made though, surely. They'll look at the evidence from both sides presented in court and come to a decision based upon what they're given. 'Pressure' from fans won't matter at all in the court. 

No they won't change that facts, and nor are are they intended to. The bottom line is that both buyers and seller do not believe the arbitration panel to be completely unbiased. If their judgement, and how they came to it, is there for the public to see, then any potential bias is more likely to be nipped in the bud.

10 minutes ago, Super Duper Branko Strupar said:

:lol: Get yourself on the news and talk about it then. Has the trust ever said its MO is to just make noise and balance on the edge of credibility? 

On the edge of credibility? What the fuck are you talking about man? [emoji38]

12 hours ago, midds said:

My hope is that Staveley is confident in winning the case but also aware of how long it could take and by forcing transparency, it might make the PL settle earlier so as not to air their (hopefully very) dirty laundry in public.

On the flip side it could be that they she doesn't feel confident but has enough evidence to make the PL shifty (Bein and "big 6" comms etc) and the transparency might be the more likely/only option to win.

Something for everyone [emoji38]

Personally, if the PL are confident why are they delaying? I'm hoping it's cos they're not and hoping the consortium will withdraw if takes too long. 

2 hours ago, Hhtoon said:

My hope is that Staveley is confident in winning the case but also aware of how long it could take and by forcing transparency, it might make the PL settle earlier so as not to air their (hopefully very) dirty laundry in public.

On the flip side it could be that they she doesn't feel confident but has enough evidence to make the PL shifty (Bein and "big 6" comms etc) and the transparency might be the more likely/only option to win.

Something for everyone [emoji38]

Personally, if the PL are confident why are they delaying? I'm hoping it's cos they're not and hoping the consortium will withdraw if takes too long. 

If it's not going to be aired, does it matter how dirty it is?

17 minutes ago, Happinesstan said:

If it's not going to be aired, does it matter how dirty it is?

It doesn't in the slightest, but I'm hoping thats why Staveley is pushing for it to be transparent/aired, and that it's sufficiently dirty that the PL would rather reach an agreement then it become public.

Why else would she want transparency? As Midds says, it's not in reality going to effect the evidence and influence the judges decision.

Just now, Hhtoon said:

It doesn't in the slightest, but I'm hoping thats why Staveley is pushing for it to be transparent/aired, and that it's sufficiently dirty that the PL would rather reach an agreement then it become public.

Why else would she want transparency? As Midds says, it's not in reality going to effect the evidence and influence the judges decision.

If you are correct then she doesn't want transparency, does she?

• 2 weeks later...
35 minutes ago, gdm said:

I see Wraith is having a total meltdown over a disagreement with the trust 

Was more of a rampage against Michael Martin weren't it. Not that he doesn't deserve it mind

12 minutes ago, ManDoon said:

He's still claiming that KateStewart account isn't a bot/fake? Wow, lol.

I see people in his replies talking about a 'left wing agenda' ahahahaha. We are so fucked as fan base, a society, the lot. FML

Aye I had a twitter spat with a guy that was essentially saying if you didn’t go home and away you weren’t a real fan and wraith jumped in for no reason and called me part of the far left fanbase. Just so weird. 

I’ll be honest I don’t know much about him or particular care but he’s trying to paint the fact people don’t like him coz he wrote a rival fanzine 30 years ago :lol: 

I had always assumed people didn’t like him coz he’s an embarrassment to the fanbase (the coffin stunt, Tommy Robinson etc) 

Also something else I’ve noticed is he takes part in a lot of fan action and fan groups and when it doesn’t work or ge falls out with them he then says he didn’t think it work he was doing it as a favour for someone. The pledge being a good example he tweeted it was a great idea and encouraged people to pledge and now recently says it’s a terrible idea and will never work. Strange guy 

That Charlotte from NUST is a right little Madame if you don't agree with her also, she told me to leave NUST don't watch her podcast and stop supporting because I said she had an awkward interview with Caulkin last year, she was in a right strop and was only calmed down by him when I said I would stop my Athletic subscription. 

1 hour ago, Ben said:

That Charlotte from NUST is a right little Madame if you don't agree with her also, she told me to leave NUST don't watch her podcast and stop supporting because I said she had an awkward interview with Caulkin last year, she was in a right strop and was only calmed down by him when I said I would stop my Athletic subscription. 

Mint.

1 hour ago, ManDoon said:

He's still claiming that KateStewart account isn't a bot/fake? Wow, lol.

I see people in his replies talking about a 'left wing agenda' ahahahaha. We are so fucked as fan base, a society, the lot. FML

No wonder discourse in this country is at an all time low. People name calling and chucking phrases around without any comprehension of what they actually mean.

They're pretty much all egotistical bellends with an agenda that is self serving before anything to do with the club. Be it Wraith, the TF lot, or any number ofthe other knackers associated with varying causes. 

It's no surprise that the only things that have come close to uniting the fanbase were AO/SP because they wisely withdrew that element of it but then suffered at said individuals attacking them because of it as they themselves weren't able to benefit from it. 

It's yet another thing that makes it even easier to switch off from the club.