Newcastle United Supporters Trust (NUST)

Alby

Newcastle United Supporters Trust (NUST)   

186 members have voted

1. 1. Have you / do you intend to pledge to the 1892 Pledge scheme orchestrated by the NUST?

• Yes
    • No

I know he's in with Wraith on a Friday but Steve Hastie seems like the most level headed and sound out of all of them and he can trace his involvement with supporter groups back to the late 70's 

5 hours ago, jack j said:

Was more of a rampage against Michael Martin weren't it. Not that he doesn't deserve it mind

So is it Steve Wraith versus Michael Martin ? Is he on the Trust board ? 

Wraith is a fucking cunt.

When the Magpie group was getting pressurised by fans for wanting to have a late walk in, he went out of his way to say that he won’t do it, people should support the team and not protest. This was despite him having a behind the scenes involvement with TMG in the early days. He also went out of his way to say people shouldn’t boycott when TMG were pressured into calling one.

Fucking strange that a guy who held a fake funeral in protest against the club can backtrack so much. It absolutely has fuck all to do with him getting nice seats close enough to Ashley that you can smell alcohol from the night before covered up by Old Spice. Absolutely nothing to do with that.

However now that people like him and Toon Polls have turned the fan base against protest groups by giving them the impression that they want to take them away from the club, we now have zero people left to organise a protest group. However all is not lost, because now everyone else has been fucking hounded out of it, our lord and saviour Wraith is waiting to form protests (which you have to pay him to attend) and is now turning on the NUST because they have more paying followers than him.

All rise for Steve look at me cunting Wraith.

Edited by Stifler

Filled mine in yesterday and my final comment was I want transparency, not from Masters or EPL or arbitration or CAT but Mike Fucking Ashley he is getting away scot free this summer with neither the local press, national press or supporter groups asking questions about his slow destruction of the club and for me this season is the final nail.

Fuck the takeover, that's months if not years away, the club needs a direction today and the only person asking questions is a little old fella that knocks the socks off todays journalists John Gibson.

15 minutes ago, Ben said:

Filled mine in yesterday and my final comment was I want transparency, not from Masters or EPL or arbitration or CAT but Mike Fucking Ashley he is getting away scot free this summer with neither the local press, national press or supporter groups asking questions about his slow destruction of the club and for me this season is the final nail.

Fuck the takeover, that's months if not years away, the club needs a direction today and the only person asking questions is a little old fella that knocks the socks off todays journalists John Gibson.

If I was selling my house would I waste money on major renovations, when I can just stick a bit of polyfilla here and there to cover the cracks.

He wants out where far better using our time to help facilitate this, rather than waste more time trying to change the behaviour of a bloke who for 14 years has proved tone deaf.

I like John Gibson but in a way his article was the same as Luke Edwards who gets slated constantly.

Edited by Whitley mag

I don't want him to spend his money, he's spent fuck a in 14 years, I want him to spend my money, my sky subscription, my season ticket money and commercial stuff.

1 minute ago, Ben said:

I don't want him to spend his money, he's spent fuck a in 14 years, I want him to spend my money, my sky subscription, my season ticket money and commercial stuff.

The coffers are empty though by all accounts, despite all the furore I’m  yet to see any detailed report to show where money has been taken out of club by him.

He’ll simply not change and allow us to buy players based on future income like other clubs.

He doesn’t maximise our potential for sure, but he’s never going to so why waste our time on that now it’s futile he’ll never change.

27 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

The coffers are empty though by all accounts, despite all the furore I’m  yet to see any detailed report to show where money has been taken out of club by him.

He’ll simply not change and allow us to buy players based on future income like other clubs.

He doesn’t maximise our potential for sure, but he’s never going to so why waste our time on that now it’s futile he’ll never change.

Just let him get on with it then.

15 minutes ago, Happinesstan said:

Just let him get on with it then.

Not really I like many others have stopped going, but beyond that what can you do at this point with Ashley ?

In my opinion helping to facilitate his exit is far more productive than trying to change his behaviour, which history tells us won’t happen.

55 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

That is literally impossible 

13 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

Not really I like many others have stopped going, but beyond that what can you do at this point with Ashley ?

In my opinion helping to facilitate his exit is far more productive than trying to change his behaviour, which history tells us won’t happen.

So you don't think the trust should concern itself with Ashley's lack of transparency, because he might sell in the next ten years.

7 minutes ago, Happinesstan said:

So you don't think the trust should concern itself with Ashley's lack of transparency, because he might sell in the next ten years.

They can concern themselves all they like, but I think their efforts would be far better focussed on facilitating his exit.

Ultimately is he going to be persuaded to improve stadium, training ground or make a telling investment in team ?

After 14 years we already know the answer.

Edited by Whitley mag

20 minutes ago, Ben said:

That is literally impossible 

We’ll soon find out when end of year is released.

Look I’m not defending him, he clearly stole land from the club and is guilty of out sourcing merchandise and catering etc. He strikes low risk deals that minimise overheads and involve employing as less people as possible.

Our revenue streams are minimal outside tv contract due to covid, by all accounts the latest kit deal looks small fry in terms of a lump sum. Due to covid I think the accounts will be showing 10 million in the bank, as most clubs are probably in debt.

As I mentioned earlier other clubs will spend against future income and pay installments, we simply don’t do this under Ashley.

Edited by Whitley mag

32 minutes ago, Ben said:

Ashley has done an amazing job of using the takeover as a blindfold for fans as to his current running of the club.

He hasn’t, those who are blinded by his actions or by taking action against him have been blinded from the start. He doesn’t need to try and convince anyone because he knows he’s lost some of the fan base and what is left aren’t concerned about him.

36 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

We’ll soon find out when end of year is released.

Look I’m not defending him, he clearly stole land from the club and is guilty of out sourcing merchandise and catering etc. He strikes low risk deals that minimise overheads and involve employing as less people as possible.

Our revenue streams are minimal outside tv contract due to covid, by all accounts the latest kit deal looks small fry in terms of a lump sum. Due to covid I think the accounts will be showing 10 million in the bank, as most clubs are probably in debt.

As I mentioned earlier other clubs will spend against future income and pay installments, we simply don’t do this under Ashley.

In retail it's a good strategy, it just doesn't work with football currently where spending money makes money if done under competent management.

From a business standpoint it looks good to stay in the black, but given that almost every other 'competitor' sees this as irrelevant, it's simply tying our own hands behind our back, meaning we get further and further behind.

This current method is already seeing championship teams being able to outbid us on average players...how many years till League one teams can do it to?

9 minutes ago, gjohnson said:

In retail it's a good strategy, it just doesn't work with football currently where spending money makes money if done under competent management.

From a business standpoint it looks good to stay in the black, but given that almost every other 'competitor' sees this as irrelevant, it's simply tying our own hands behind our back, meaning we get further and further behind.

This current method is already seeing championship teams being able to outbid us on average players...how many years till League one teams can do it to?

I don’t disagree promoted teams seem to outspend us every season. It’s embarrassing and makes us small time.

I want him gone as much as anybody, I just don’t see a route to changing his policy for club at this point.

He’s immune to criticism and protests. If the trust really wanted to remove him they could support a complete boycott of matches.

As many others have maintained an empty stadium is probably the only route to getting him to reduce his price.

But a) which kind of buyers does that attract? and b) as we’re regularly told the trust is not a protest group.

We’ve got buyers and all I’m saying is that’s where I believe our energy should be focussed, getting them owning the club.

Edited by Whitley mag

5 hours ago, Whitley mag said:

They can concern themselves all they like, but I think their efforts would be far better focussed on facilitating his exit.

Ultimately is he going to be persuaded to improve stadium, training ground or make a telling investment in team ?

After 14 years we already know the answer.

But what about their relationship going forward?

2 hours ago, Happinesstan said:

But what about their relationship going forward?

Barring small issues such as ticketing etc, what significant changes can NUST influence with the current ownership ?

I’m all for NUST having a constructive relationship with Ashley to help him leave, but they’ll not change his thinking on anything meaningful at this point.

All NUST’s efforts should be focussed on PL at this point.