Newcastle United Supporters Trust (NUST)

Alby

Newcastle United Supporters Trust (NUST)   

186 members have voted

1. 1. Have you / do you intend to pledge to the 1892 Pledge scheme orchestrated by the NUST?

• Yes
    • No

3 hours ago, robbo_11 said:

"Real world" the online farce with True Faith, NUST and the fanbase won't even be recognised. I joined up in the aftermath of the Rafa news, but stopped shortly afterwards. Essentially it was the opportunity of a collective voice at the lack of hope around the club that was the catalyst to joining, but they've probabaly reached that point almost three years later where the hasn't been any changes to the part of the club we all see and that is mainly covered...on the pitch or boardroom as the takeover has shown.

I've read about the community efforts and making suggestion to boost mental health initiatives for fans, promoting the women's team and raising concerns around accessiblity in the stadium which are all great things. Some of the tweets and responses have been abysmal though - a lack of leadership and professionalism (I'm no longer a member so my views don't influence those decisions). I just want to highlight that collective voice because although we all disagree on certain things everyone want's the best for the club - whether that is monetised or not.

I don't know @Heron but fair play stuck to your views and probably saved yourself some time. You've came across really passionate on your posts, went through the process of putting yourself out there to be voted on by others so really just to say don't sweat the small stuff. 

Cheers mate

There's a whole load of issues I have and had with the trust but I'd like to make it clear on here and will be doing so on Twitter that @Gregis absolutely one of the good guys in all this and is doing his best.

We may not have always agreed throughout all our shared years as fan activists but he's definitely from the right camp and doing things for the right reasons. So personally, I'd appreciate him not being alikened to someone like Alex. :thup:

Both he and Thomas were friends of mine long before the Trust and whilst I know none of us are above criticism just for being peoples pals, they're absolutely people I'd like to represent me as a NUFC supporter, not just a member. 

Over 5000 response in 12 hours

- Firstly, we asked NUST members if they believed Steve Bruce should resign in the best interests of Newcastle United, and from over 5000 responses in a 12-hour period? A resounding 94.3% said yes.

- Following this, we then asked members if they were confident that Newcastle United would retain their place in the Premier League this season? Again, a resounding 95.9% said no.

- Finally, we asked if members were confident that those in power at Newcastle United would make the necessary changes to stay in the Premier League? 94.4% of respondents said no.

I would say thats a mandate to criticise

Edited by geordie_b

8 minutes ago, geordie_b said:

Over 5000 response in 12 hours

- Firstly, we asked NUST members if they believed Steve Bruce should resign in the best interests of Newcastle United, and from over 5000 responses in a 12-hour period? A resounding 94.3% said yes.

- Following this, we then asked members if they were confident that Newcastle United would retain their place in the Premier League this season? Again, a resounding 95.9% said no.

- Finally, we asked if members were confident that those in power at Newcastle United would make the necessary changes to stay in the Premier League? 94.4% of respondents said no.

I would say thats a mandate to criticise

In other news… Not quite 5,000 responses, but 50 was quite good :lol: 

1. Do you want the NUST Board to resign?

Only 8.11% of respondents voted ‘no’.

78.38% voting ‘yes’ and 13.51% voting ‘not sure’.

2. Are you confident NUST will achieve anything?

94.56% voted ‘no’.

3. Are you confident the Trust will make the necessary changes to ensure the club take action

97.3% voted ‘no’.

Decided to remain with trust and the pledge. Ultimately, its a good idea on the right side of history, marred by ego. What I do wonder is what do you do in the meantime. Surveys and research is good communication and valuable but what tacit impact is this ultimately going to have?

13 hours ago, Heron said:

Alex ? 

Aye, but according to one of the current board members on Twitter, he's no longer on the board. NUST need the information on their website updating sharpish @Greg.

11 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Do they then relay that to the club or is that it? 

I want to know what those 250+ people see in him that means he should stay on. :lol:

Any honourable man would walk after that man.

There's the problem, bloke knows nothing of being honourable.

He even said as much himself last week. 

"I’m not walking away. I’ve quit before to maybe get another job but it’s not in my makeup to quit now because it’s a bit noisy.”

Basically, not walking away from a pay-out.

The comms from NUST would be fairly well summed up that they’ve not even recognised the fact @Heronhas resigned.

Unless people follow him directly on Twitter, nobody would know.

Same with Alex, if it’s true, it hasn’t been acknowledged anywhere.

On top of all of that, I know Greg has his fanboys on here, but putting out stuff like this really grinds my gears.

So passive aggressive and self righteous. “Hours of hard work away from social media go into standing up for nufc fans in work like this”. Tosser. Hardly indicative of uniting a fanbase, eh?

I know Greg has been an active advocate of protest in the past, and I also recognise NUFC twitter isn't equivalent the fanbase - but trivialise it at your peril. Twitter noise and protest is a big part of the conversation if not the lingua franca of the gamete of opinion. I pay towards the trust, the pledge and have organised and participated in protest as part of TMG/LondonMagpies. I was close to jacking it in the other night.

1 hour ago, NEEJ said:

Aye, but according to one of the current board members on Twitter, he's no longer on the board. NUST need the information on their website updating sharpish @Greg.

Thanks - have put a temp fix on.

1 hour ago, Heron said:

Glad they took my suggestion on board - only took me to leave to heard. Hopefully they and others will now put those stats to good use

:lol:

Maybe they can make a jigsaw out of them :lol:

5 hours ago, Fantail Breeze said:

The comms from NUST would be fairly well summed up that they’ve not even recognised the fact @Heronhas resigned.

Unless people follow him directly on Twitter, nobody would know.

Same with Alex, if it’s true, it hasn’t been acknowledged anywhere.

On top of all of that, I know Greg has his fanboys on here, but putting out stuff like this really grinds my gears.

So passive aggressive and self righteous. “Hours of hard work away from social media go into standing up for nufc fans in work like this”. Tosser. Hardly indicative of uniting a fanbase, eh?

Maybe if they hadn't wasted the couple of years they claimed they'd spent on the pledge they'd have a bit more time for what people consider important stuff. 

11 minutes ago, ManDoon said:

I’m just struggling to see the point of the trust. They don’t back protest, the 1 percent thing will literally never ever happen.

Media picking up that a poll says we don’t like Bruce isn’t going to do anything lol. Short of meeting sky outside the ground, what’s the point of it?

For the fame: “see that fat kid there, it’s Alex from the trust”

Guest HTT II
6 minutes ago, Numbers said:

How does he know so much about new members if he is no longer in the trust.

And if indeed he isnt in the trust why isn't everyone privvy to this info?

Cartels