Newcastle United Supporters Trust (NUST)

Alby

Newcastle United Supporters Trust (NUST)   

186 members have voted

1. 1. Have you / do you intend to pledge to the 1892 Pledge scheme orchestrated by the NUST?

• Yes
    • No

1 minute ago, Ben said:

Apparently he never "left" but was forced off the board to work on the pledge, now they don't need that money he's back to serve the rest of his 3 year term, did anyone vote for Charlotte ?

Sounds a very Tory thing for a Tory to take advantage of...

1 minute ago, Ben said:

Apparently he never "left" but was forced off the board to work on the pledge, now they don't need that money he's back to serve the rest of his 3 year term, did anyone vote for Charlotte ?

I thought he was removed after alienating sections of our support (the members) and attacking a young female fan online.

Probably easier to re-write history though and pop him back in. His whole life has been built around that day out in the posh seats, he can’t miss it.

Only way they’ll learn is if people cancel and fuck them off. What’s the point if they’re quite evidently only here to serve themselves?

3 minutes ago, Danh1 said:

I left a job last year which I regret. Reckon they’ll just let me stroll back in without any fuss?

I did about 6 years ago and i'm still there now, never burn your bridges 

The easy option probably would have been for NUST to communicate this to members as they have previously around board movement and if he was revoted on then fair enough. I'd argue the same for Heron though, he has taken himself off and really members should vote for him to either be re-instated or replaced by the person that had the next amount of votes. 

Alex has just sent a statement to members:

“Dear NUST members/peasants, 

I just wanted to confirm my re-appointment as Chair of NUST. Sorry, I mean in a position on the Board.

I didn’t mean to post those tweets alienating fans and attacking that poor lass. I was testing my eyesight and had to compose a series of tweets to make sure my eyesight was in fact okay to proceed with my usual bullshit.

I have spoke to Greg and told him I should be re-established in my rightful place on the Board and I have therefore been co-opted until January 2098 with immediate effect.

I can’t wait to get started. I have tons of new ideas which I’m sure we’ll be able to implement without asking you all.

Without regards,

Alex”

Maybe we are making a big deal of this, but this is probably the biggest break for the trust since their inception.

New owners who do seem to want a relationship with the fanbase (early days) and yet the trust are making some shockingly poor moves here.

Shame