Newcastle United Supporters Trust (NUST)

Alby

Newcastle United Supporters Trust (NUST)   

186 members have voted

1. 1. Have you / do you intend to pledge to the 1892 Pledge scheme orchestrated by the NUST?

• Yes
    • No

32 minutes ago, WarrenBartonCentrePartin said:

Just came in to post that as it appeared in my feed, having been liked by Chris Waugh. Glad I cancelled my membership, it's clearly a closed shop and a best pals club.

Have to agree. The way Alex Hurst magically rejoined after the takeover happened has left a sour feeling for many members. Seems like a True Faith clique with Charlotte and Marc Corby also on the board (Although at least Marc Corby comes across decent on the podcasts) 

Edit - Just reading his tweets and replies and it seems he had a few fresh ideas which were dismissed quickly by the others. Also the 2nd board member to step down within the last month. Not a good look at all

Edited by Pokerprince2004

32 minutes ago, Pokerprince2004 said:

Have to agree. The way Alex Hurst magically rejoined after the takeover happened has left a sour feeling for many members. Seems like a True Faith clique with Charlotte and Marc Corby also on the board (Although at least Marc Corby comes across decent on the podcasts) 

Edit - Just reading his tweets and replies and it seems he had a few fresh ideas which were dismissed quickly by the others. Also the 2nd board member to step down within the last month. Not a good look at all

@Gregwill be along in a bit to explain how it's all going swimmingly. He promised. 

Never really bothered with True Faith before, but following the takeover a lot of these NUFC youtubers started showing up in my feed. I saw one with Hurst where he had Caulkin, Waugh and Downey, it was a couple of hours long so I didn't sit through it all, but was a canny watch tbh. 

I don't listen to football podcasts, but the TF youtube show is pretty slick. And by slick I mean by fan vlog standards. It's not going to win awards, but it's like the directors cut compared to some of the stuff that's out there, like Covid kid Adam Pearson. 

22 minutes ago, Shearergol said:

Hasn't been seen since October 13th. I'm guessing he's avoiding this place for a reason. Hopefully he's ok though.

Shows active 18 hours ago for me. :dontknow:

Edited by Pixelphish

13 minutes ago, HTT II said:

Maybe, just maybe, someone has a social life and a job and other commitments? 

Which is fine of course, but it was him who came on here saying he'd provide an update weeks and weeks ago then opted not to bother. 

People are entitled to chase it up. 

Edited by Joey Linton

5 minutes ago, Joey Linton said:

Which is fine of course, but it was him who came on here saying he'd provide an update weeks and weeks ago then opted not to bother. 

People are entitled to chase it up. 

True, Gregg is a good guy though and I’m sure whatever his reasons, it’s nothing disingenuous. 

29 minutes ago, HTT II said:

True, Gregg is a good guy though and I’m sure whatever his reasons, it’s nothing disingenuous. 

The promise to explain it was disingenuous to be fair. Because it hasn't happened. 

Do you think there's a link between the the arrival on the board as overseen by the chair and the recent departures from it? 

Edited by Joey Linton

38 minutes ago, Joey Linton said:

Do you think there's a link between the the arrival on the board as overseen by the chair and the recent departures from it? 

100%, sadly.

Edited by HTT II

Still trotting out the “Greg is a good guy” as he shits on his fellow fans and Board members while Alex plays him like a puppet.

This has been obvious to most for a long time. Shame people are still giving them the time of day. How many genuinely good people need to walk away before people take notice?

10 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

Still trotting out the “Greg is a good guy” as he shits on his fellow fans and Board members while Alex plays him like a puppet.

This has been obvious to most for a long time. Shame people are still giving them the time of day. How many genuinely good people need to walk away before people take notice?

If you knew/met him and knew what he did for our club under Ashley never mind from within NUST, you’d get it. I get no-one is free from scrutiny especially as a public figure, and it’s kind of biased to defend or stick up for people you know/have met/or know of, but trust me Gregg is a top bloke and if I owned NUFC, he’d be on any board to help run the club along with many other members on here. Give him some slack, target those in the Trust that are there for the wrong reasons, because I guarantee Gregg isn’t and I hope for all his efforts, the Trust doesn’t end up going by the wayside, and indeed for us as fans. For all my criticism and current dislike of the Trust, fans need a supporters trust and representation. More so than ever!

Edited by HTT II

5 minutes ago, HTT II said:

If you knew/met him and knew what he did for our club under Ashley never mind from within NUST, you’d get it. I get no-one is free from scrutiny especially as a public figure, and it’s kind of biased to defend or stick up for people you know/have met/or know of, but trust me Gregg is a top bloke and if I owned NUFC, he’d be on any board to help run the club along with many other members on here. Give him some slack, target those in the Trust that are there for the wrong reasons, because I guarantee Gregg isn’t and I hope for all his efforts, the Trust doesn’t end up going by the wayside, and indeed for us as fans. For all my criticism and current dislike of the Trust, fans need a supporters trust and representation. More so than ever!

Greg is the Chair. The buck stops with him. He bypassed everything to reinstate Alex and has driven out good people in the process.

The Trust have achieved fuck all under his leadership and if anything, it has divided the fanbase further at a point we should be more united than ever.

Maybe he is a nice person to have a pint with. But his underhand ways of running the Trust are bullshit and it’s been a complete shambles.

Your defence of Greg is no better than Gary Neville defending OGS’s performance because he’s his mate and a “nice guy”. 

Just now, Fantail Breeze said:

Greg is the Chair. The buck stops with him. He bypassed everything to reinstate Alex and has driven out good people in the process.

The Trust have achieved fuck all under his leadership and if anything, it has divided the fanbase further at a point we should be more united than ever.

Maybe he is a nice person to have a pint with. But his underhand ways of running the Trust are bullshit and it’s been a complete shambles.

Your defence of Greg is no better than Gary Neville defending OGS’s performance because he’s his mate and a “nice guy”. 

Fair points, but - right or wrong - I put my trust and faith in people who I know are the good guys and I accept no-one is above criticism and I more than accept that the Trust has fucked up and Gregg right or wrong has to be part of that, but I’m loathe to hang someone out to dry who I know is doing it for the right reasons and doing whatever he does for the best of NUFC fans. Something needs done though because all is not well or good obviously and the buck does indeed stop with the top man. Me, I hope they succeed and we end up with a Trust that benefits all fans, but to be honest, personally, I’m not that interested now and have zero willingness to be bothered either way.

2 minutes ago, HTT II said:

Fair points, but - right or wrong - I put my trust and faith in people who I know are the good guys and I accept no-one is above criticism and I more than accept that the Trust has fucked up and Gregg right or wrong has to be part of that, but I’m loathe to hang someone out to dry who I know is doing it for the right reasons and doing whatever he does for the best of NUFC fans. Something needs done though because all is not well or good obviously and the buck does indeed stop with the top man. Me, I hope they succeed and we end up with a Trust that benefits all fans, but to be honest, personally, I’m not that interested now and have zero willingness to be bothered either way.

Best thing to do would be to wind it all down and start again. A bit like the cloob, it needs a complete refresh and restart.

5 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

@Heronis a good lad. 

Graeme who quit today is a good lad. 

Graeme has intimated in his tweets he felt he  was being attacked by someone / some people within the Trust. Effective and strong leadership wouldn't allow that to happen. 

Just now, Fantail Breeze said:

Best thing to do would be to wind it all down and start again. A bit like the cloob, it needs a complete refresh and restart.

Maybe, but hasn't that been done prior? I’m kind of selfish here, I was all for the Trust under Ashley, but since the takeover and my faith in the new owners I’m a bit meh, a Trust is needed however and must be an important aspect of the fans and club going forward for both parties. With Gregg in there I at least have some faith…