Newcastle United Supporters Trust (NUST)

Alby

Newcastle United Supporters Trust (NUST)   

186 members have voted

1. 1. Have you / do you intend to pledge to the 1892 Pledge scheme orchestrated by the NUST?

• Yes
    • No

Guest Biggsbond14
4 hours ago, Joey Linton said:

87% of those who voted were in favour of winding it up i believe, rather than 87% of all members voted. 

Would be interested to see the actual numbers though, given how short the voting window was. 

Yes I thought that too, fucking shambles springs to mind 

Guest Biggsbond14
2 hours ago, Geordie2302 said:

Somebody mentioned this on Twitter and that the ticket turnaround time was 48 hours to resolve. Not helpful when you only have two days to vote :doh:

How convenient for them 

10 minutes ago, Heron said:

In all honesty, I don't think the outcome would be any different if the voting time were longer.

Nor do I, but I'm not sure that's the point when people have parted with their own cash. 

Edited by Joey Linton

https://twitter.com/nufctrust/status/1485012408171221004?s=21

Appreciate many on here have reservations about the activities of the Trust and the personalities involved, however this is absolutely the kind of thing we need them to be getting involved with.

What happened at the away turnstiles yesterday needs highlighting at every level. I was fortunate enough to get in before things got really hairy, however even at that point to describe the whole process as ‘shambolic’ would be a massive understatement.

Hopefully they can get to speak to the relevant people so there’s a proper investigation in to what went on.

3 minutes ago, SteV said:

Appreciate many on here have reservations about the activities of the Trust and the personalities involved, however this is absolutely the kind of thing we need them to be getting involved with.

What happened at the away turnstiles yesterday needs highlighting at every level. I was fortunate enough to get in before things got really hairy, however even at that point to describe the whole process as ‘shambolic’ would be a massive understatement.

Hopefully they can get to speak to the relevant people so there’s a proper investigation in to what went on.

Of course it is. Not flogging jigsaws. 

Guest Biggsbond14
18 hours ago, SteV said:

The sort of thing that should be one of there main aims to protect fans and everything football related for us and every club , wonder if they have reached out to other clubs with large followings to see how their fans are treated? 

• 2 weeks later...

https://mailchi.mp/8a68a379b338/notice-of-annual-general-meetings?e=44af82a042

NUST have announced 2 AGMs (the delayed and this year's) without giving members the required notice period to be able to submit resolutions (28 days) and can't even get the day/date right - 22 February is a Tuesday, not a Thursday so fuck knows when it actually is...

It's just really really poor. 

1 hour ago, Geordie2302 said:

https://mailchi.mp/8a68a379b338/notice-of-annual-general-meetings?e=44af82a042

NUST have announced 2 AGMs (the delayed and this year's) without giving members the required notice period to be able to submit resolutions (28 days) and can't even get the day/date right - 22 February is a Tuesday, not a Thursday so fuck knows when it actually is...

It's just really really poor. 

Oh dear :lol:

Absolute jokers. 

Edited by Joey Linton

2 minutes ago, Joey Linton said:

It's the Tuesday apparently, although might it get moved again / cancelled anyway to give the required 28 days notice? 

I emailed Greg, and got a response, It's only 14 days required to give notice of an AGM (not sure about two at once) but the rules also say members can only raise resolutions 28 days before an AGM (so a conflict in the rules). I raised a resolution by way of a motion of no confidence in december and have asked repeatedly for them to clarify receipt and that it will be discussed (seconded by several) - keep getting a stock "i will email you soon..." 

2 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

Woah, has he finished work then?

@Joey Linton you might get a reply.

Or just a partial one... I only seem to get a response where (and maybe I'm reading too much into it) they think they are getting one over on me i.e., saying it's 14 days notice required for an AGM, when my point, although initially poorly worded in haste, was around not allowing members sufficient time to raise resolutions in line with the rules... 

23 minutes ago, Dr.Spaceman said:

I'm not a fan of the NUST by any means, but you're a right sad bastard the way you go on about them.

I respectfully disagree, if nobody calls this to account we'll never have a supporters trust worth talking about.

Yep we’ve seen in the news for weeks now the importance of following your own rules.

yes these are boring mundane details to many but it is important that people like geordie2302 are checking these details and trying to hold people to account.

if people didn’t do this, society would collapse

31 minutes ago, James said:

Yep we’ve seen in the news for weeks now the importance of following your own rules.

yes these are boring mundane details to many but it is important that people like geordie2302 are checking these details and trying to hold people to account.

if people didn’t do this, society would collapse

I get your point but the major difference being the group of people you are referring to in one instance are highly paid and it’s there job. Whereas the group of people you are comparing them too are volunteering their own limited time around their jobs and families.

Thats why any criticism of them should be measured with that in mind along with the knowledge there is nothing stopping yourself and other critics from stepping forward if they think they can do a better job of it.

6 minutes ago, LFEE said:

I get your point but the major difference being the group of people you are referring to in one instance are highly paid and it’s there job. Whereas the group of people you are comparing them too are volunteering their own limited time around their jobs and families.

Thats why any criticism of them should be measured with that in mind along with the knowledge there is nothing stopping yourself and other critics from stepping forward if they think they can do a better job of it.

People on here did step forward for the NUST. Then they had to leave because of the fuckaboutery. There’s no point in volunteering your time if you can’t follow your own articles of association.